Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 02:51:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

TIA movelists

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TIA movelists  (Read 3561 times)
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #120 on: 02 July, 2011, 05:59:52 pm »

Oh, there are plenty of characters who don't use transformations. I just didn't know whether or not it should be one for Nestor.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #121 on: 02 July, 2011, 06:04:09 pm »

Ah, I see.

So are there any rules behind these transformations? I mean, what are they actually for?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #122 on: 02 July, 2011, 06:10:25 pm »

They increase the characters' stats; usually attack or defense, but I've included some that increase other aspects like speed or other effects, like Hinata's Byakugan draining energy.

One thing they all share in the original game is increasing Ki Bars; every character has 7 bars of ki, which are needed to perform special moves. Each character also has a certain number that their ki will slowly rise to if they have less, and will slowly drop down to if they have more. Transformations can increase that number, making it easier to use Ki.

Of course, there are some characters who don't have transformations, but it usually doesn't weigh them down too much. Budokai 3's system was very balanced even with this gameplay feature, something most anime-based fighting games lack.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #123 on: 02 July, 2011, 06:14:34 pm »

Is there any downside or limit to using them? Only it sounds like a charcter with a transformation might as well just activate it at the start of the match and stay in that state.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #124 on: 02 July, 2011, 06:19:26 pm »

I don't think so. In Budokai 1 and 2, the concept of Ki was slightly different, with characters in Base form (ie, nontransformed) have Ki that didn't rise or fall unless either attacking or powering up, but transformations instead rapidly draining their ki while active. The changed the system due to some characters in Budokai 2 being in their transformed states from the start (like Frieza and Cell), meaning they had constantly draining ki and nothing they could do about it.

I do know that in Budokai 3 the transformations required a certain amount of ki to even be activated, usually more than their base amount. As such, they had to do at least a little bit of fighting in their Base form before transforming.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #125 on: 02 July, 2011, 06:23:57 pm »

Ah, I see. So in Budokai 3 being in a transformed state doesn't drain your ki?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #126 on: 02 July, 2011, 06:26:17 pm »

No; as I said, the Ki system was reformed so it only drains if you go above your number of ki bars. Transformations were much more beneficial as a result.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #127 on: 02 July, 2011, 06:26:55 pm »

I see...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #128 on: 02 July, 2011, 06:28:20 pm »

I assure you, it sounds a lot more complex than it actually is.

Either that or I'm just a Budokai nut. :3
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #129 on: 02 July, 2011, 06:29:15 pm »

*shrug* Who knows?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #130 on: 02 July, 2011, 06:30:36 pm »

I certainly don't.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #131 on: 04 July, 2011, 02:38:24 pm »

Pretty cool, I like it.
Report Spam   Logged

Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #132 on: 02 October, 2011, 12:01:40 pm »

Yuki:

Costume 1: Red dress
Costume 2: Blue dress

Transformations:
Hikari: Yuki calls upon the power of Amaterasu as the kanji for "light" appears above her. This grants her a yellow aura and a 20% increase in attack.

Special Attacks:
Hi: Yuki holds her staff into the air, summoning a ring of fire around her as the kanji for "fire" appears.
Kaminari: Yuki holds her staff forward and fires a lightning bolt as the kanji for "thunder" appears.
Do: Yuki slams her staff into the ground, causing a large crag of rock to shoot upwards in front of her as the kanji for "earth" appears."
Kaze: Yuki swings her staff into the air and fires a blast of cutting wind, as the kanji for "wind" appears.

Ultimate Attacks:
Hikari no Tsurugi: Cinematic Ultimate. Yuki waves her staff, forming the kanji for light in front of her, before firing four swords made of light at the opponent, pinning their limbs down. She then raises her staff into the air to summon a colossal sword of light above them, which slowly begins to fall. If Yuki wins the power struggle, they opponent can only watch helplessly as the sword lands on them, stabbing into the ground with the chance of destroying the planet. If the opponent wins the power struggle, they successfully break free of the swords and dive out of the way, being blasted back by the shockwave of the giant sword hitting the ground. Only available while "Hikari" is active.

Entrance Quotes:

Victory Quotes:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angela:

Costume 1: Black dress, blonde hair
Costume 2: Red dress, black hair

Transformations:
Blood Upgrade: Angela bites into Vivi and wipes some blood from her mouth, gaining a slight red aura and a 10% increase in attack.
Blood Frenzy: Angela bites into Vivi and snarls, hunching over and gaining a very strong red aura as well as a 30% increase in attack and 20% decrease in defense.

Special Attacks:
Ignis: Angela holds her hand out and launches a fireball. With Blood Upgrade active, the fireball is twice as large.
Glacie: Angela holds her hand out and fires a shard of ice at the opponent. With Blood Upgrade active, Angela fires 3 shards in a spread.
Fulmen: Angela holds her hand out as it crackles with electricity, shocking the opponent if they're too close. With Blood Upgrade active, the electricity shoots forward slightly, increasing it's range.
Havoc Wing: Angela forms a large bat-like wing on her shoulder and "slashes" the opponent with it. Replaces Ignis while in Blood Frenzy mode.
Blood Rising: Angela forms batwings on her back and flies upwards into the air. Replaces Glacie while in Blood Frenzy mode.
Nosferatu Rush: Angela charges forward, "slashing" wildly with her arms. Replaces Fulmen while in Blood Frenzy mode.

Ultimate Attacks:
Lux Et Tenebrae: Cinematic Ultimate. Angela smacks the opponent around a little, before blasting them away with a blast of magic. She calmly rises into the air, firing several orbs of light at the opponent, but instead of hitting they simply float around the opponent. Angela will then start to gather dark energy into her hand. If the opponent wins the power struggle, she will fire a beam of dark energy at the opponent, which they will leap into the air to dodge only to be assaulted by all the light orbs at once. If Angela wins, the opponent will charge as Angela fires several orbs of darkness, which almost immediately "connect" to the light orbs with black and white lightning. Angela will laugh as the opponent is trapped between the light and dark orbs, which promptly slam together and explode with the opponent between them.
Nosferatu Frenzy: Cinematic Ultimate. Angela charges at the opponent and punches them in the face, sending them flying. She immediately flies after them, overtaking them as she kicks them away again, before following and stomping them into the ground. She stomps on them a few times before kicking them into the air, after which she appears above them and slams them back down. If Angela wins the power struggle, she will land and fly at the opponent in an erratic zig-zag pattern, before suddenly appearing before them and flying straight through them, using the silhouette-on-red-type screen. If the opponent wins, the same will happen, but they will be able to dodge Angela's dash at the last second and kick in her in the back of the head, cancel Blood Frenzy mode.

Entrance Quotes:

Victory Quotes:
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #133 on: 15 October, 2011, 08:13:08 pm »

Why do I never notice these updates...

Very very good, as usual, very descriptive. I like the japanese for Yuki, and latin for Angela, very fitting.
Report Spam   Logged

Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #134 on: 16 October, 2011, 08:30:58 am »

Why do I never notice these updates...

Very very good, as usual, very descriptive. I like the japanese for Yuki, and latin for Angela, very fitting.

Thanks. I noticed whenever Yuki used an elemental spell, the kanji appears on her forehead, so I thought using Japanese names would make sense.

How did I do with Angela's Blood Frenzy mode? I didn't know much about it, so I took a few liberties. Is it okay?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: