Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 07:10:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Sonic Fanbase Cesspool; Scratch that

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sonic Fanbase Cesspool; Scratch that  (Read 41043 times)
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #4485 on: 19 April, 2011, 08:22:03 pm »

The recent games have been steps in the right direction. Sonic Unleashed (the daytime stages, mind you) was a step in the right direction, but flawed in many ways. Sonic Colours was an even bigger step in the right direction, rectifying a few of the flaws of Sonic Unleashed, and making the story take a backseat to gameplay (and what story there was, was decently funny and silly). Plus, Sonic ran from a **** black hole. I mean sure, he didn't get away from it, but he escaped a big effing black hole for about 30 seconds. That's crazy awesome.

If Sonic Generations does what Colours did, and improves on the previous game, then it could turn out to be a, if not great, then at least really good game.

Of course, that's just my biased opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #4486 on: 19 April, 2011, 08:25:03 pm »

The recent games have been steps in the right direction. Sonic Unleashed (the daytime stages, mind you) was a step in the right direction, but flawed in many ways. Sonic Colours was an even bigger step in the right direction, rectifying a few of the flaws of Sonic Unleashed, and making the story take a backseat to gameplay (and what story there was, was decently funny and silly). Plus, Sonic ran from a ****ing black hole. I mean sure, he didn't get away from it, but he escaped a big effing black hole for about 30 seconds. That's crazy awesome.

If Sonic Generations does what Colours did, and improves on the previous game, then it could turn out to be a, if not great, then at least really good game.

Of course, that's just my biased opinion.
No, you've about got it right. We haven't had a bad Sonic game since Shadow. Sure, Unleashed was only okay, and Colors wasn't great, but it's a marked improvement.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #4487 on: 21 April, 2011, 04:45:04 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuj-6T_ymqg&feature=player_embedded

Something I didn't notice before, Classic Sonic runs Sonic CD figure-eight style.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #4488 on: 21 April, 2011, 06:29:30 am »

Is this just for PS3/360?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #4489 on: 21 April, 2011, 08:36:44 am »

Sonic Unleashed's version of Green Hill Zone 3D looks pretty damn awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #4490 on: 21 April, 2011, 10:14:01 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuj-6T_ymqg&feature=player_embedded

Something I didn't notice before, Classic Sonic runs Sonic CD figure-eight style.
Watch the classic nerds complain that it isn't the circular motion from the Genesis/Mega Drive games.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #4491 on: 21 April, 2011, 03:31:43 pm »

Is this just for PS3/360?
I think so, yeah.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #4492 on: 21 April, 2011, 05:16:48 pm »

naive trusting one that wants to love you SO BAD - that KNOWS you're a good person deep down.

You were awesome, I was young and we were so totally in love. Sonic 1 - 3, Knuckles, Adventure 1 & 2. It was all awesome and we loved every minute of it.

But then came Sonic Heroes, Sonic The Hedgehog 2006, Secret Rings - The abuse. Beatdown after beatdown after beatdown while I wept for the good old days where we genuinely loved each other- the parties we had in Shuffle, the long nights when I should have been asleep but it was just you, me, a Genesis controller and the glow of my 13 inch TV set.

The abuse lasted so long, and I endured. But finally I tried walking away, and you begged me not to go.

"I'm sorry baby - I'll make it up to you. I promise I'll never hurt you again. See? Sonic Unleashed! It'll be like the old days again, I promise..."

I believed you for a while. I saw the day levels where you were fast and awesome and everything looked like it was going to be okay.

Then you turned into a werehog and ripped out my heart.

We broke up. I said I was done. I played Sonic and Knuckles for like a week straight in-between the pain. I moved on, and we didn't see each other for a long time.

Then a friend of mine told me he'd seen you recently. You'd cleaned up your act, ditched the 3D and got off the Dr. Jekyll ****.

I looked you up and you seemed different - genuinely sorry for all the pain you'd caused.

"I'm a changed Hedgehog - for real this time. I'm off the moonlight for good. See? Sonic 4! FOR REAL this time - I miss you..."

So we tried again. Started fresh, I'd thought. I played Sonic 4 and it was OK - but I could tell it just wasn't the same.

I even stood by you when Sonic & The Black Knight came out. I mean cmon, you had a sword! How was I supposed to look past that? You told me it was just a way to make some quick cash, nothing serious. The real Sonic game was coming out soon that was going to make me really feel like it was the old days. I tried to hang on, but I was wearing thin. I told myself you still cared, but I was beginning to not believe it anymore...

And then Sonic Colors came out, and I saw you macking on that pre-teen - the amusement park, the colorful cartoon alien things. I'd had it. You told me it meant nothing, that you still cared about me and my generation. I told you off - I knew it was because I wasn't marketable anymore - because I'm in college and have more important things to spend my money on. I knew that little brat had parents with disposable income and that was all you cared about.

I said I was done for good, washed my hands of you and thought to myself that you'd find someone out there to love you, like that snot-nosed 12 year-old.

Yeah, I was bitter as hell. But I kept that hat that came with Sonic Colors, as a reminder of what once was and would never be again.

It's been a while, and once again I saw you in the news. I didn't look. I saw the London 2012 news and said to myself that you were a sellout **** and didn't deserve my love anymore.

Finally, that same friend came to me and told me about something called "Generations" - mentioned it was our anniversary coming up. 20 years, God. Had it really been so long?

I figured I'd at least let my buddy think he'd tried, and let him show me the "trailer" for Generations.

Goddammit Sonic...

Why can't I quit you?
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #4493 on: 07 June, 2011, 05:32:49 pm »

City Escape confirmed as one of the stages in Sonic Generations.

http://kotaku.com/5809637/its-double-sonic-all-the-way-across-the-street

Only one reaction video can appropriately describe how I feel about this.

Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #4494 on: 07 June, 2011, 06:38:26 pm »

soniccycle.jpg
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #4495 on: 07 June, 2011, 06:41:37 pm »

Oh **** yes city escape
Report Spam   Logged

Jawo'
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Jawo'
Mood: ...

Obey Your Thirst!!

« Reply #4496 on: 19 June, 2011, 07:34:55 am »

Generation's E3 Demo coverage

I am more eager for this than I was Colors.
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the book of Lymon.

The resident GameFAQs Talkshow Host.                     

What do you think I'm gonna do? Hit on you? Not likely.  Tongue
I'll always envision Lumines and Jawo' as Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles, respectively now.
Stop being modest, Jawo', and admit that you look cool.
I swear Jawo' runs around with a glue gun and an evil grin.
Justin, I'll find you and then I'll beat you senseless if you don't unconfuse me.
Jawo' is King Silly and will be until the day he dies.
I'm expecting him to have interpreted all of our requests as variations of >_> , ... , and  Roll Eyes .
Quote from: ansem120
As the self-proclaimed CM Punk of Soda, I thought about shaving your head so you can start a new path with your life.

But, then I realized you're Jawo', and nothing you do is wrong.
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #4497 on: 19 June, 2011, 09:22:27 am »

Sonic Unleashed style City Escape looks awesome
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #4498 on: 19 June, 2011, 10:32:16 am »

Sega.

I don't ask a lot of you. I rarely do. I've learned over the years not to ask stuff of you, because you rarely deliver.

But you've been doing good lately. You've... you've turned to the right path. Sonic Unleashed made you aware and... and Sonic Colours pushed you in the right direction. I'm starting to feel like I can trust you again, like I can admire you again.

So please, Sega. I'm going to ask one thing of you. Just one thing, and nothing more. Please... for all that is holy and good, for the love of every single living, sentient that lives, have ever lived and will ever live on this green and blue earth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb8wxZsYcno&feature=feedf

^Make this the main theme. I beg of you.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #4499 on: 19 June, 2011, 12:52:44 pm »

I hate how sad the sonic series has become. The games are just so-so, even though they try so hard to e more than that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: