Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:55:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Sonic Fanbase Cesspool; Scratch that

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 302   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sonic Fanbase Cesspool; Scratch that  (Read 41037 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #300 on: 02 January, 2008, 01:45:49 am »

Mario Kart also had items. And Battle Mode. And more playable characters. And probably more courses. And we actually know it has Online Multiplayer. People today still aren't sure of whether Sonic Riders 2 has Online Multiplayer or just Online Features.

And Riders had more gear, and those event things with multiple medals you can get, and other SEGA characters. And while we're counting gameplay features, tricks, and turbulence. Turbulence itself being more controversial on the beneficiality.

The tricks made my thumb hurt after a while. >_> Turbulence, as you said, is more controversial, and I thought it was a "meh" feature. Mario Kart's controls surpass Riders controls any day.

Mario Kart just has that classic charm to it that makes people of any age love it. And hey, at least Mario Kart Wii has Online Multiplayer that we actually know of.

And Riders was also faster, and on boards.

Boards > Karts.

Riders also states that Sonic is faster when on a board, which is very annoying because he's known for his super speed on foot.

Mario Kart had Mario.

Mario>Sonic

<_<

Wrong.

Besides, Mario Kart also had Waluigi. And Daisy.

Riders has Silver and Cream. And it doesn't have Metal Sonic. By the way, I hate Silver now, and I know you do too. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #301 on: 02 January, 2008, 01:46:25 am »

Mario Kart had Mario.

Mario>Sonic

<_<

Wrong.

Sonic Riders had Tails, Amy, Cream, and Shadow.

Only one of those characters is bad. The other is merely "ehhh...".

I find them all pretty damn annoying. Then again, I find almost every Sonic character annoying, so whatever. <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #302 on: 02 January, 2008, 01:50:05 am »

Mario Kart also had items. And Battle Mode. And more playable characters. And probably more courses. And we actually know it has Online Multiplayer. People today still aren't sure of whether Sonic Riders 2 has Online Multiplayer or just Online Features.

And Riders had more gear, and those event things with multiple medals you can get, and other SEGA characters. And while we're counting gameplay features, tricks, and turbulence. Turbulence itself being more controversial on the beneficiality.

The tricks made my thumb hurt after a while. >_> Turbulence, as you said, is more controversial, and I thought it was a "meh" feature. Mario Kart's controls surpass Riders controls any day.

Mario Kart just has that classic charm to it that makes people of any age love it. And hey, at least Mario Kart Wii has Online Multiplayer that we actually know of.

Mario Kart has a "simplicity" that makes people of any age like it. Mario Kart may have multiplayer, but it's actually more multiplayer oriented, hence it having zero storyline and just being a "jump in and play the tracks" game. Intentional or not, Riders is more single player oriented.

Boards > Karts.

Riders also states that Sonic is faster when on a board, which is very annoying because he's known for his super speed on foot.

All Sonic games display Sonic as slower. Sonic being slower running when he runs out of air is merely a gameplay mechanic. Otherwise, his using a board can be easily explained by the fact that it was a tournament. With rules. Rules stating they need to use Gear.

Mario Kart had Mario.

Mario>Sonic

<_<

Wrong.

Riders has Silver and Cream. And it doesn't have Metal Sonic. By the way, I hate Silver now, and I know you do too. >_>

It MIGHT have Metal Sonic <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #303 on: 02 January, 2008, 01:53:31 am »

Oh, they announced all the characters <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #304 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:06:23 am »

Mario Kart has a "simplicity" that makes people of any age like it. Mario Kart may have multiplayer, but it's actually more multiplayer oriented, hence it having zero storyline and just being a "jump in and play the tracks" game. Intentional or not, Riders is more single player oriented.

Mario Kart does have the single player mode though. Even though it doesn't have a story, you still go through different tracks and maps to unlock various characters. But to me, I think racing games should focus more on multiplayer, hence why I like Mario Kart more (plus, it has better controls. >_>).

Boards > Karts.

All Sonic games display Sonic as slower. Sonic being slower running when he runs out of air is merely a gameplay mechanic. Otherwise, his using a board can be easily explained by the fact that it was a tournament. With rules. Rules stating they need to use Gear.

No, no, no. I'm talking about the site. It says that Sonic moves faster on the board. That's just ridiculous.

Of course, it's just the site. Whatever, it shouldn't say that. >_>

Mario Kart had Mario.

Mario>Sonic

<_<

Wrong.

We pretty much know who's in it though, and Metal Sonic isn't there. Those two stupid robots are (even though they look less stupid from the first game's robots, Metal Sonic is way better than those losers).
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #305 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:11:35 am »

Mario Kart does have the single player mode though. Even though it doesn't have a story, you still go through different tracks and maps to unlock various characters. But to me, I think racing games should focus more on multiplayer, hence why I like Mario Kart more (plus, it has better controls. >_>).

I was under the impression you could play through the supposed single player with other people <_<
Then again, I only own Double Dash and MKDS (which I haven't done any sort of local multiplayer on), which would explain it >_>

And the controls aren't that much better. Especially since said Mario Kart controls brought the concept of snaking to the series <_<

Boards > Karts.

No, no, no. I'm talking about the site. It says that Sonic moves faster on the board. That's just ridiculous.

Well maybe the board just moves faster than he does? <_<
The only thing saying otherwise is the little "mph" gauge.

Mario Kart had Mario.

Mario>Sonic

<_<

Wrong.

We pretty much know who's in it though, and Metal Sonic isn't there. Those two stupid robots are (even though they look less stupid from the first game's robots, Metal Sonic is way better than those losers).

Pardon me, but how was it confirmed? I only got a glimpse at the Japanese character site, because this browser is completely terrible and can't even run the ****ing character page without being unresponsive, and those characters were just silhouettes, is it merely fans deducing that those are silhouettes are those robots? <_<
« Last Edit: 02 January, 2008, 02:14:10 am by Phoenix Wright » Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #306 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:16:01 am »

And how the hell is Samba a speed type? The last monkey was a power type <_<

Did they just want to distribute the guest characters evenly?
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #307 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:23:15 am »

I was under the impression you could play through the supposed single player with other people <_<
Then again, I only own Double Dash and MKDS (which I haven't done any sort of local multiplayer on), which would explain it >_>

And the controls aren't that much better. Especially since said Mario Kart controls brought the concept of snaking to the series <_<

Snaking is the wavedashing of the Mario Kart series, except it doesn't leave. I'm not sure about Mario Kart Wii. >_>

But the controls for Sonic Riders feels so tight and restricted. It's very annoying.

Boards > Karts.

A stupid little board shouldn't dethrone Sonic. >_>

Mario Kart had Mario.

Mario>Sonic

<_<

Wrong.

Pardon me, but how was it confirmed? I only got a glimpse at the Japanese character site, because this browser is completely terrible and can't even run the ****ing character page without being unresponsive, and those characters were just silhouettes, is it merely fans deducing that those are silhouettes are those robots? <_<

The characters were actually on the site as soon as it was launched. Well, not directly, but people managed to hack into the site and get the images. Sega said there would be eighteen characters, and we have eighteen characters. Check Wikipedia to see who's in, as I don't feel like going to it. It's actually right. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #308 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:29:28 am »

Snaking is the wavedashing of the Mario Kart series, except it doesn't leave. I'm not sure about Mario Kart Wii. >_>

But the controls for Sonic Riders feels so tight and restricted. It's very annoying.

No. Snaking, unlike Wavedashing, is extremely gamebreaking. You can beat someone who wavedashes without wavedashing, it isn't that important. But it is impossible to beat a Snaker without snaking. MKDS's online play was destroyed because of it.

Boards > Karts.

Sonic's title is the fastest thing alive. Boards are not alive.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #309 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:31:59 am »

And I just saw the intro to Zero Gravity. Wtf. Why do they have a flying car?

They mentioned GUN. Damnit. I was hoping they were pulling away from that stuff. The Rushes, the first Riders, and Secret Rings all acted as though the human world didn't exist. I do honestly wonder who they can make the hyper futuristic cities of the Riders series make any sense at all when just in SA2, they were in present-day like cities. It made more sense in Riders because it looked like they were just ignoring the humans <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #310 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:34:02 am »

No. Snaking, unlike Wavedashing, is extremely gamebreaking. You can beat someone who wavedashes without wavedashing, it isn't that important. But it is impossible to beat a Snaker without snaking. MKDS's online play was destroyed because of it.

I mean in the sense that they're both infamous for being something found by the players by taking advantage of the game's engine.

Boards > Karts.

I don't care. Sega shouldn't have made an inanimate object be faster than their icon.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #311 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:35:57 am »

I mean in the sense that they're both infamous for being something found by the players by taking advantage of the game's engine.

That doesn't mean anything. My point is that MK's "superior controls" gave a us a gamebreaking ability.

Boards > Karts.

I don't care. Sega shouldn't have made an inanimate object be faster than their icon.

Eggman was faster than Sonic in the old games. Things being faster than Sonic isn't a big deal. Bullets are inanimate and they move faster. Lots of things in real life can move faster than Sonic in his own games. <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #312 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:37:46 am »

I honestly don't get the Sonic series anymore. First, there was something about Mobius (though that whole thing is cleared up now. They must be on Earth). Then Sonic gets into a present-day time. Okay, that's great. Then he magically appears in some futuristic city. Uh, okay? Then back to the regular time, as shown in Sonic Next-Gen. Now back to the future (no pun intended)? Plus, there was Sonic Heroes which had a more goofy tone to it and made it seem like humans didn't exist. Same goes with Sonic Rivals and Sonic Rivals 2. Then there's Sonic Rush and blah blah blah.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #313 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:39:54 am »

Did Sonic Next Gen specifically say "Earth"?

And they were never on Mobius, no such thing has ever existed in the canon series <_<

The only thing that makes sense is a warped Earth, with floating islands and genesis esque environments in addition to futuristic cities and human environments.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #314 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:40:34 am »

And the old games had futuristic cities too. The only thing that breaks the norm is the human earth environments.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 302   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: