Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:45:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Sonic Fanbase Cesspool; Scratch that

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 302   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sonic Fanbase Cesspool; Scratch that  (Read 41040 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #315 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:42:39 am »

Mario Kart also had items. And Battle Mode. And more playable characters. And probably more courses. And we actually know it has Online Multiplayer. People today still aren't sure of whether Sonic Riders 2 has Online Multiplayer or just Online Features.

And Riders had more gear, and those event things with multiple medals you can get, and other SEGA characters. And while we're counting gameplay features, tricks, and turbulence. Turbulence itself being more controversial on the beneficiality.

The tricks made my thumb hurt after a while. >_> Turbulence, as you said, is more controversial, and I thought it was a "meh" feature. Mario Kart's controls surpass Riders controls any day.

Mario Kart just has that classic charm to it that makes people of any age love it. And hey, at least Mario Kart Wii has Online Multiplayer that we actually know of.

Mario Kart has a "simplicity" that makes people of any age like it. Mario Kart may have multiplayer, but it's actually more multiplayer oriented, hence it having zero storyline and just being a "jump in and play the tracks" game. Intentional or not, Riders is more single player oriented.

Mario Kart does have the single player mode though. Even though it doesn't have a story, you still go through different tracks and maps to unlock various characters. But to me, I think racing games should focus more on multiplayer, hence why I like Mario Kart more (plus, it has better controls. >_>).

I was under the impression you could play through the supposed single player with other people <_<
Then again, I only own Double Dash and MKDS (which I haven't done any sort of local multiplayer on), which would explain it >_>

And the controls aren't that much better. Especially since said Mario Kart controls brought the concept of snaking to the series <_<

Snaking is the wavedashing of the Mario Kart series, except it doesn't leave. I'm not sure about Mario Kart Wii. >_>

But the controls for Sonic Riders feels so tight and restricted. It's very annoying.

No. Snaking, unlike Wavedashing, is extremely gamebreaking. You can beat someone who wavedashes without wavedashing, it isn't that important. But it is impossible to beat a Snaker without snaking. MKDS's online play was destroyed because of it.

I mean in the sense that they're both infamous for being something found by the players by taking advantage of the game's engine.

That doesn't mean anything. My point is that MK's "superior controls" gave a us a gamebreaking ability.

Who cares, Mario Kart 64 was the best out of all of them. >_>

That did have some snaking, but it barely did anything as it was very hard to do since the controls were slightly different. However, after you learn how to snake in the new games, it gets pretty fun and makes you more active in the game. Those stupid casuals should just shut up and lern2snake. >_>

And Riders was also faster, and on boards.

Boards > Karts.

Riders also states that Sonic is faster when on a board, which is very annoying because he's known for his super speed on foot.

All Sonic games display Sonic as slower. Sonic being slower running when he runs out of air is merely a gameplay mechanic. Otherwise, his using a board can be easily explained by the fact that it was a tournament. With rules. Rules stating they need to use Gear.

No, no, no. I'm talking about the site. It says that Sonic moves faster on the board. That's just ridiculous.

Of course, it's just the site. Whatever, it shouldn't say that. >_>

Well maybe the board just moves faster than he does? <_<
The only thing saying otherwise is the little "mph" gauge.

A stupid little board shouldn't dethrone Sonic. >_>

Sonic's title is the fastest thing alive. Boards are not alive.

I don't care. Sega shouldn't have made an inanimate object be faster than their icon.

Eggman was faster than Sonic in the old games. Things being faster than Sonic isn't a big deal. Bullets are inanimate and they move faster. Lots of things in real life can move faster than Sonic in his own games. <_<

Quiet you!

By the way, I'm talking about in his games. Eggman doesn't count because Eggman is awesome.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #316 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:46:11 am »

Mario Kart also had items. And Battle Mode. And more playable characters. And probably more courses. And we actually know it has Online Multiplayer. People today still aren't sure of whether Sonic Riders 2 has Online Multiplayer or just Online Features.

And Riders had more gear, and those event things with multiple medals you can get, and other SEGA characters. And while we're counting gameplay features, tricks, and turbulence. Turbulence itself being more controversial on the beneficiality.

The tricks made my thumb hurt after a while. >_> Turbulence, as you said, is more controversial, and I thought it was a "meh" feature. Mario Kart's controls surpass Riders controls any day.

Mario Kart just has that classic charm to it that makes people of any age love it. And hey, at least Mario Kart Wii has Online Multiplayer that we actually know of.

Mario Kart has a "simplicity" that makes people of any age like it. Mario Kart may have multiplayer, but it's actually more multiplayer oriented, hence it having zero storyline and just being a "jump in and play the tracks" game. Intentional or not, Riders is more single player oriented.

Mario Kart does have the single player mode though. Even though it doesn't have a story, you still go through different tracks and maps to unlock various characters. But to me, I think racing games should focus more on multiplayer, hence why I like Mario Kart more (plus, it has better controls. >_>).

I was under the impression you could play through the supposed single player with other people <_<
Then again, I only own Double Dash and MKDS (which I haven't done any sort of local multiplayer on), which would explain it >_>

And the controls aren't that much better. Especially since said Mario Kart controls brought the concept of snaking to the series <_<

Snaking is the wavedashing of the Mario Kart series, except it doesn't leave. I'm not sure about Mario Kart Wii. >_>

But the controls for Sonic Riders feels so tight and restricted. It's very annoying.

No. Snaking, unlike Wavedashing, is extremely gamebreaking. You can beat someone who wavedashes without wavedashing, it isn't that important. But it is impossible to beat a Snaker without snaking. MKDS's online play was destroyed because of it.

I mean in the sense that they're both infamous for being something found by the players by taking advantage of the game's engine.

That doesn't mean anything. My point is that MK's "superior controls" gave a us a gamebreaking ability.

That did have some snaking, but it barely did anything as it was very hard to do since the controls were slightly different. However, after you learn how to snake in the new games, it gets pretty fun and makes you more active in the game. Those stupid casuals should just shut up and lern2snake. >_>

It's pretty bad when your skill at a game is dependant on a single technique <_<

Boards > Karts.

Riders also states that Sonic is faster when on a board, which is very annoying because he's known for his super speed on foot.

All Sonic games display Sonic as slower. Sonic being slower running when he runs out of air is merely a gameplay mechanic. Otherwise, his using a board can be easily explained by the fact that it was a tournament. With rules. Rules stating they need to use Gear.

No, no, no. I'm talking about the site. It says that Sonic moves faster on the board. That's just ridiculous.

I don't care. Sega shouldn't have made an inanimate object be faster than their icon.

Eggman was faster than Sonic in the old games. Things being faster than Sonic isn't a big deal. Bullets are inanimate and they move faster. Lots of things in real life can move faster than Sonic in his own games. <_<

Quiet you!

By the way, I'm talking about in his games. Eggman doesn't count because Eggman is awesome.

The light, from the sun, moves faster than Sonic. There's a sun in Sonic games. o noez!
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #317 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:48:34 am »

Did Sonic Next Gen specifically say "Earth"?

I'm pretty sure Sega attempted to make the game more realistic or something by directly saying themselves that it takes place on earth even though no such city exists. I'm sure it takes place on Earth though.

And they were never on Mobius, no such thing has ever existed in the canon series <_<

I know, hence why I said, "it was cleared up."

The only thing that makes sense is a warped Earth, with floating islands and genesis esque environments in addition to futuristic cities and human environments.

Yes, but futuristic cities mixed with present-time cities is...annoying. I'd prefer it being Earth with floating islands, genesis esque environments with present day cities and communities. I'm personally not a big fan of the whole futuristic crap unless it involves Eggman in Sonic's case.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #318 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:51:07 am »

By the way, people, Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog and the Rivals games were all made by SEGA of America (even though the Rivals games were made in Canada I think, I'm pretty sure there's no SEGA of Canada), whilst the old games, I think the Adventure games, the Rushes, Secret Rings and sonic 06 were all made by SEGA of Japan, if by SEGA at all.

I think <<

I'm pretty sure Sega attempted to make the game more realistic or something by directly saying themselves that it takes place on earth even though no such city exists. I'm sure it takes place on Earth though.

And they were never on Mobius, no such thing has ever existed in the canon series <_<

The only thing that makes sense is a warped Earth, with floating islands and genesis esque environments in addition to futuristic cities and human environments.

Yes, but futuristic cities mixed with present-time cities is...annoying. I'd prefer it being Earth with floating islands, genesis esque environments with present day cities and communities. I'm personally not a big fan of the whole futuristic crap unless it involves Eggman in Sonic's case.

Some cities get technology sooner than others. Some places are poor.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #319 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:54:20 am »

It's pretty bad when your skill at a game is dependant on a single technique <_<

It's better than, "Haha, I press button and move analog stick and attack with button! Yay I win!"

Boards > Karts.

Quiet you!

The light, from the sun, moves faster than Sonic. There's a sun in Sonic games. o noez!

But Sonic doesn't ride the sun. Or a bullet. Or Eggman (wow, I just had a very disturbing image, and I'm sorry if I gave you one too). >_>

I'm not saying there shouldn't be things that are faster like Sonic, even though that's how it came out as. I'm saying that there shouldn't be anything to enhance his speed.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #320 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:56:44 am »

And the Riders games are made by a non-Sonic Team Japanese SEGA division.

Your quotes suck. Screw them.

First one: Except that isn't how it is. When neither are using analog sticks, the environment, your reaction times, your luck with items, they all affect it. When you're snaking... None of that matters. Snaker wins.

Second one: He's only using something else because it's the rules of the tournament and actually keep up with his competition. And so he can alter gravity.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #321 on: 02 January, 2008, 02:57:13 am »

Some cities get technology sooner than others. Some places are poor.

Yes but...flying cars? Well, I guess it's plausible seeing how how there are a few places on Earth that have a community similar to that of the American frontier hundreds of years ago. >_>

By the way, Rush Adventure was made by Sega of America.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #322 on: 02 January, 2008, 03:05:41 am »

Sonic 1-3&K, SA, Sonic 06, SatSR: Sonic Team JPN
Sonic R, Sonic 3D: Traveller's Tales
SA2, SH, Shadow: Sonic Team USA
Riders, Riders 2: UGA division of Sonic Team JPN
Rivals 1, 2: Backbone
Sonic Rush: Dimps/Sonic Team JPN collaboration (mostly Dimps)
Sonic Rush Adventure: Sonic Team JPN/Dips collaboration (mostly Sonic Team)

...Sonic Team USA made Sonic Adventure 2. That explains the unoriginal Shadow and the soul-less stage design.

And the only console games Sonic Team USA has made are the mentioned Sonic games above, and NiGHTS 2. Huh.

By the way, Rush Adventure was made by Sega of America.

Source. Wikipedia tells the difference between Console games made by the Japanese division and the American one, but they mesh all the handheld ones together. They usually just write "Sonic Team" for the JPN, and write "Sonic Team USA" for the American.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #323 on: 02 January, 2008, 03:06:52 am »

1. That's because Snakers are winners. Oh whatever, I highly doubt majority of the people who play Mario Kart even know what snaking is other than the hardcores. Hell, almost all of my friends don't know how to freaking do a mini boost. However, you are right about it destroying Online Play, but they're no better than disconnectors. Still, I stand by what I say about Sonic Rider's controls. They are very tight and I have little to no sense of freedom. Of course, it shouldn't be too much as the game would get too loose, but I'd rather not have my character have a hard time moving left or right. It's not THAT hard, but it is very irritating.

2. I know it's the rules of the tournament. I'm just saying that he shouldn't go faster on it. I can understand it going very fast, but come on, faster than Sonic? That's absurd. Still, I'm sure they're just exaggerating it on the site just to make the game look good. -_-
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #324 on: 02 January, 2008, 03:08:27 am »

By the way, Dimps is located in Japan, it would be difficult for Dimps, a Japanese company, and Sonic Team USA to collaborate.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #325 on: 02 January, 2008, 03:09:59 am »

By the way, Dimps is located in Japan, it would be difficult for Dimps, a Japanese company, and Sonic Team USA to collaborate.

Ignore what I said. I remembered seeing somewhere that Sega wanted to appeal to American gamers, so they made Sonic Team USA to make it. >_>

Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #326 on: 02 January, 2008, 03:11:31 am »

Therefore, every Sonic game made by STJPN (except one <_<) was super awesome.

And STUSA has made two bad games, one pretty good game, and one game I haven't played that I'm getting soon <_<

And Backbone sucks >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #327 on: 02 January, 2008, 03:12:24 am »

Ignore what I said. I remembered seeing somewhere that Sega wanted to appeal to American gamers, so they made Sonic Team USA to make it. >_>

How does that even make sense? <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #328 on: 02 January, 2008, 03:13:24 am »

Therefore, every Sonic game made by STJPN (except one <_<) was super awesome.

And STUSA has made two bad games, one pretty good game, and one game I haven't played that I'm getting soon <_<

And Backbone sucks >_>

Indeed.

How does that even make sense? <_<

To be honest with you, I have no idea. I was wondering what was up with that myself when I read it. It's BS though, so there's no need to worry about it.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #329 on: 02 January, 2008, 03:14:03 am »

Wow, amazing how one bump stirs up such a conversation. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 302   Go Up
  Print