Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 07:52:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Sonic Fanbase Cesspool; Scratch that

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 302   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sonic Fanbase Cesspool; Scratch that  (Read 41231 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #600 on: 12 February, 2008, 07:52:30 pm »

Who are the confirmed 7, anyway? Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Big... Amy?
Yes.

That was just Sonic Heroes and Riders. Riders also didn't have an equal amount of speed, flying, and power characters. >_>

SA2 also had 3 distinct gameplay styles, though they weren't speed, power, and flying.

Even then, it came out a while ago. >_>

I do think they're pulling off the whole "flying, power, and speed" thing, but I don't think there will be an equal amount of people in each group. This game only has 11 playable characters too. >_>

There's nothing wrong with introducing characters who serve their purpose and leave in one game, loads of other games always do it. Mario is never criticized for it.
Shade's fine, I just mean characters who are introduced that nobody or not many people like who are brought back every game. (Rouge, Silver, Cream, etc.)

watever vector iz dum

And I don't think they'll be introducing new characters other than the Mauraders, who'll most likely be one-timers.
No u, and good. >_>
I actually like Vector. I just don't like his new voice honestly, but I'm not going to complain about it. It's just another triviality that Sonic fanboys whine about which makes me want to separate myself from them lulz. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #601 on: 12 February, 2008, 07:53:24 pm »

FIND THE *shot*
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #602 on: 12 February, 2008, 07:53:49 pm »

I preferred his New York sounding voice from Heroes, his current one just sounds.....eeeeeh.....
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #603 on: 12 February, 2008, 07:55:38 pm »

I preferred his New York sounding voice from Heroes, his current one just sounds.....eeeeeh.....
It sounds F1ND T3H C0MPUT3R R00M!!1!!11!-ish. His New York accent was awesome.

I wonder if they'll even use voices in this game though.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #604 on: 12 February, 2008, 07:57:40 pm »

Oh I hope not.

I liked what they did with Sonic Battle. Just a little voice snippet. and then the rest in text.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #605 on: 12 February, 2008, 07:59:12 pm »

Oh I hope not.

I liked what they did with Sonic Battle. Just a little voice snippet. and then the rest in text.
Like in Galaxy as well? Yeah, that's a good was of handling it. Thing is though, if they use voices at all, will they use the 4kids-hired voices? >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #606 on: 12 February, 2008, 08:00:52 pm »

Well they have a contract, so even if they just had old sound clips to use, they wouldn't be able to.

Come to think of it, I liked a lot about Sonic Battle. The only thing I didn't like was that it seemed like they were trying to give every character a house.

Except Sonic, who appeared to be homeless.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #607 on: 12 February, 2008, 08:02:43 pm »

Oh I hope not.

That would be fine for me as well, even without the voice snippet it would be fine, I don't mind just text.

Oh I hope not.

Like in Galaxy as well? Yeah, that's a good was of handling it. Thing is though, if they use voices at all, will they use the 4kids-hired voices? >_>
Meh, even so, then I could name Knuckles "Yami", Amy "Tea'", Rouge "Mai", and Shadow "Kaiba".
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #608 on: 12 February, 2008, 08:03:13 pm »

Shadow is voiced by Jason Griffith too <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #609 on: 12 February, 2008, 08:06:57 pm »

Lurking around the Sonic Chronicles board is fun.

You musty have slept through the Adventure series. Knuckles has always been gullible, granted, but he was never as obnoxious as he was in the newer games. I mean, Sonic Adventure built him up to have a decent story (for a Sonic game) and completely destroyed it. He even says his main purpose is to guard that Master Emerald, but all of a sudden, any little **** plan Robotnik has, Knuckles jumps on Sonic to help. And he is now "Knuckles make smash!", when previous Sonic games never even alluded to Knuckles being this great barer of strength. Now, it's his main quality. Knuckles = Strength. Whatever happened to him being on Angel Island, when now ST makes it as him being the brawns to Sonic?

Last I checked, the only game Knuckles had appeared in canonically beforet hat point is Sonic 3. What's his main abilities? Flying, Gliding, Smashing Through Rocks and Walls With His Strength. What was he doing? Being fooled by Eggman. Did he do stupid things? Remember when he got on the pedestal to punch Sonic in Eggmobile? Wasn't that funny?

I agree with this.

Sonic: HEY, KNUCKLES, DID YOU GET TRICKED AGAAAAAAAAAAAIN? 8D
Knuckles: h8 u >:C
Everyone Else: *laughs at Knuckles*
Knuckles: I AM YELLING ABOUT SMASHING ROCKS AND THIS IS FUNNY

I agree with this interpretation.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #610 on: 12 February, 2008, 08:22:17 pm »

My interpretations on each and every character:

Sonic: Eh...he could be better. I mean, he isn't so bad or anything, but he's pretty cheesy now. I liked his cocky attitude back in the day. Don't call me a 2D purist for this or anything, but ugh. Is "REAL SUPAH POWAH OF TEAMWORK!!!"  better than cockiness? Jason Griffith isn't SO bad. Spaz3 likes to exaggerate this. Anyways, he isn't so bad, but he could be better. He just needs to sound a tad younger with more enthusiasm, and it's be perfectly fine. Oh, and that tone of voice he uses could be edited as well. "I cannot BELIEVE this happened to HIM!" (voice was emphasized on words that were capitalized). Something like that.

Knuckles: Most. Butchered. Sonic character. Ever. I don't really recall him ever being Sonic's sidekick. He's calm, gullible, and a loner, and is Sonic's rival. His character...ugh. Since when is he a hothead? RAWR MUST BREAK ROCK FOR SEXUAL PLEASURE is the vibe I think everyone is getting from Knuckles now. He guards the Master Emerald, a duty Sega seems to ignore. As for his voice...no. Dan Green is an awesome guy and all, but I'm not sure if he fits Knuckles all that well.

Tails: Nothing wrong with him. Amy Palant isn't that bad as a voice, I suppose. I mean, a boy doesn't need to voice Tails. If a girl can voice Bart from the Simpsons, and make him actually sound like a little boy, then I'm sure the same can be applied to Tails. I mean, Tails IS a little kid and all, but he sounds a little too much like a girl, even for his age. Her enthusiasm in his voice is fine though. Better than the presentation in SA2. I swear, Tails sounded like a robot in that game. >_>

Eggman: Perfectly fine, but I don't really like it when he's pushed aside for some god Sonic has to fight (i.e., Perfect Chaos, The FinalHazard, Metal Madness, Devil Doom, and Solaris). I mean, it was good the first few times, but now it's getting kind of annoying. He's stayed in character though. He's comical, but dark and sinister at the same time. Even if he isn't the main villain, he still is very evil. SA and SA2 show this (especially SA2, because IMO, that was when he and many other characters were at their prime). His voice is perfect. No complaints on that.

Amy: Perfectly fine. Annoying fangirl, and that's what I like about her. She hasn't changed, and I actually like Lisa Ortiz as an actress.

Metal Sonic: Bring him back. That's all I have to say.
« Last Edit: 12 February, 2008, 09:02:24 pm by Knuckles the Echidna » Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #611 on: 12 February, 2008, 08:29:37 pm »

Mike Pollock is the best IMO in terms of providing a suiting voice, Eggman sounds just....Eggmany. <_<
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #612 on: 12 February, 2008, 08:52:43 pm »

I don't think Sonic's charactrer is in a very good state at the moment.

He is waaayyy too... For lack of a better word, cheesy. In the classic games yeah, he was a hero, but he was portrayed as someone who would get impatient if he took too long, and in Sonic CD, he'd give up <_<

He was cocky, and would fight anything with a legitimate "whatever" attitude. Now he will fight anything no matter what, but it just feels so different. I think the Sonic OVA captured him best with a voice actor. Not to say, it was his best voice actor, I mean as far as writing goes, it did the best job or portraying this without making him silent.

You can't complain about Knuckles not being exactly like he was if you think Sonic is fine and dandy...
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #613 on: 12 February, 2008, 08:55:59 pm »

Eh, I blame Sonic Heroes.

"We'll show that creep the real super power of TEAMWORK!"

*Gets hit by dump truck*
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #614 on: 12 February, 2008, 08:57:32 pm »

I suppose, but Sonic's state of character definitely hasn't been hit as hard as Knuckles' character IMO. Knuckles is just...ugh. I hate Sega for killing his character. I really hope Sonic Chronicles will reform his character. He may get kidnapped, but that doesn't mean he's sidekick #2, second to Tails. There has to be a reason they took Knuckles hostage rather than Tails, Shadow, Amy, etc.

Sonic's art style was brilliant with the Sonic OVA and Sonic CD opening and ending. Knuckles had a cowboy hat too. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 302   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: