Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:37:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Sonic Fanbase Cesspool; Scratch that

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 302   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sonic Fanbase Cesspool; Scratch that  (Read 41029 times)
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #870 on: 28 February, 2008, 03:12:54 pm »

The only reason it's a "key trait" is because of the Adventure games.

In every game before that, he didn't treasure hunt any more than Sonic and Tails.

And how 'bout diggin'?

He digs.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #871 on: 28 February, 2008, 04:39:14 pm »

In every game before that, he didn't treasure hunt any more than Sonic and Tails.
Doesn't mean they should scrap the concept. They added something to him, and I think they should keep that because it makes him unique from the rest of the cast.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #872 on: 28 February, 2008, 04:40:08 pm »

Doesn't mean they should scrap the concept. They added something to him, and I think they should keep that because it makes him unique from the rest of the cast.
What did they add? Besides power...or was that it?
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #873 on: 28 February, 2008, 04:49:41 pm »

It's not like treasure hunting is this hobby he does every other Sunday. He only did it in past games because the story called for it, though it could be argued that it was actually only added to the story so they could make Knuckles treasure hunt.

Every game past the Adventure games has no mention of it, because the story never called for it.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #874 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:23:42 pm »

It's not like treasure hunting is this hobby he does every other Sunday. He only did it in past games because the story called for it, though it could be argued that it was actually only added to the story so they could make Knuckles treasure hunt.

Every game past the Adventure games has no mention of it, because the story never called for it.
So it's suddenly impossible that the story will call for Knuckles to treasure hunt? It doesn't have to be JUST the M.E. shards, you know. He's still a treasure hunter. Even Sonic calls him the best treasure hunter in the world.

What did they add? Besides power...or was that it?
Not gameplay-wise, but character-wise. The only other treasure hunter is Rouge, but Knuckles was still known for having the ability to find things easily before Rouge was even introduced.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #875 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:26:41 pm »

It would just get redundant if in every game that allowed you to play as Knuckles without other characters tagging along, that he has to go hunt for stuff.

He should be doing his.. You know.. Duty. What was that again? Guarding the Master Emerald?

How long has it been since he's done that? Methinks the last time was about 7 years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #876 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:33:04 pm »

It would just get redundant if in every game that allowed you to play as Knuckles without other characters tagging along, that he has to go hunt for stuff.
And Sonic running all the time and Tails' mechanical abilities aren't redundant at all?

He should be doing his.. You know.. Duty. What was that again? Guarding the Master Emerald?
So all of a sudden, they can't explain what he's doing with Master Emerald? He doesn't have to stay at the shrine for the rest of his life, you know.

How long has it been since he's done that? Methinks the last time was about 7 years ago.
Even though they made a big reference to him being a treasure hunter in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. Just because there hasn't been a gameplay involving treasure hunting, doesn't mean it's suddenly been ignored.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #877 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:34:57 pm »

One could argue that if everytime you played as Knuckles you had to sit in front of the Master emerald, doing absolutely nothing, would be boring as hell.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #878 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:36:23 pm »

One could argue that if everytime you played as Knuckles you had to sit in front of the Master emerald, doing absolutely nothing, would be boring as hell.
You could actually do that in Sonic Adventure. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #879 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:36:41 pm »

Sonic Chronicles Preview

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=183596

Sonic's the Sunny Delight of gaming mascots; RPGs are the stomping grounds for mugs of Bovril. The only grinding he's heard of involves skateboarding, and XP is merely an emoticon for showing disgust.

And Sonic running all the time and Tails' mechanical abilities aren't redundant at all?

So all of a sudden, they can't explain what he's doing with Master Emerald? He doesn't have to stay at the shrine for the rest of his life, you know.

Even though they made a big reference to him being a treasure hunter in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. Just because there hasn't been a gameplay involving treasure hunting, doesn't mean it's suddenly been ignored.

With having adventures and platforming and all that crap, you have way more leniency as to what can happen. Treasure Hunting can't really be changed up.

I didn't say the last time they mentioned it was 7 years ago, I said the last time he's done it was seven years ago.

Then they just shouldn't insert him into every game <<

They could at least make him reluctant to leave the master emerald. They could at least have Knuckles do what he's doing for a reason like in the Adventure games. Now he just tags along with Sonic all the time because he can.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #880 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:38:52 pm »

You could actually do that in Sonic Adventure. >_>
Yeah, I know.

Did it for a few minutes, got bored pretty quickly, then did some treasure hunting.

Then they just shouldn't insert him into every game <<

They could at least make him reluctant to leave the master emerald. They could at least have Knuckles do what he's doing for a reason like in the Adventure games. Now he just tags along with Sonic all the time because he can.
We can agree to the fact taht they need to make him a little more reluctant.
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #881 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:39:37 pm »

Fights begin when you wander into on-screen foes (random battles have been consigned to the RPG cliché bin)

Yes.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #882 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:48:53 pm »

With having adventures and platforming and all that crap, you have way more leniency as to what can happen. Treasure Hunting can't really be changed up.
Actually, one could argue that getting the Stars and Shine Sprites in the 3D Mario games is treasure hunting. They're treasures to the Castle/Delfino Plaza/Observatory, and you have to hunt them down from Bowser.

Of course, I'm not saying that this is how treasure hunting should be for Knuckles' gameplay, but it's just an example of how different it can be. I mean, the whole games are revolved around doing such, rather than a third or even less of it, but again, it's just an example that it can be changed.

I didn't say the last time they mentioned it was 7 years ago, I said the last time he's done it was seven years ago.
That still doesn't mean anything.

Sonic Chronicles is looking good. Lol @ the people on the Gamefaqs board thinking they were being serious with "Tails dying." >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #883 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:53:05 pm »

I saw people on NGG being serious about that as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #884 on: 28 February, 2008, 06:56:48 pm »

I saw people on NGG being serious about that as well.
wel there dum olo
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 302   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: