Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 08:44:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Just got around to seeing Saw IV *Possible spoilers*

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got around to seeing Saw IV *Possible spoilers*  (Read 114 times)
White Glint
Heavens Reaper
Internet Addict

Heavens_Reaper

« on: 25 January, 2008, 11:28:23 pm »

Saw: Loved it. In my top ten movies.

Saw II: Not quite as good as the first but a good one nontheless and ties up some loose ends of the first while leaving other ends open for another sequel.

Saw III: Strayed a bit from the first two (Meaning it didn't tie up most of, if any, of the loose ends but once again that implies yet another sequel) Added more loose ends and was fairly good overall. Better than the second.

Saw IV: *This is where the spoilers are* Oh jeez. This is where the series suffered. The latest installment was, in my opinion the most difficult to understand although visually pleasing. Detective Mathews' subplot is tied up. Explains Jigsaw's backstory but it left me with a complete confusion. I was expecting the survivor from III's ending to have his subplot concluded fairly quickly but I was wrong. It seemed to go very smoothly until  it abruptly included said survivor (I can't recall his name. Jeff or something) is seen wandering throuh the passageways of III's conclusion scene. It replays some scenes from III and has him standing over Jigsaw whom he killed. I was mistaken, however, into thinking these were flashbacks because in the beginning of IV Jigsaw's body is being autopsied. Eventually events lead to Jigsaw's second ally killing the survivor from II therefore indicating those images were not flashbacks but real time. This is where I got confused. I suppose The accompliss(sp?) could have taken a fake corpse to the morgue for autopsy so the tape inside his stomach would be found, initiating the events of IV and the third ally could have just been finding out about Jigsaw's death at the end of IV. But, contradicting that is the autopsy itsself. The square hole cut in Jigsaw's skull was in the supposed fake corpse but the real hole wasn't cut until after that body was sent to the morgue. The more I think about it the more confuse I am but I'm led to believe that II and Iv's events are occuring at the same time. If anyone knows what happened at the end of Iv and II, if I'm right, I'd really like to know.

*Looks up* Wow, I really ranted on about IV >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Gametag: Bakto Cannon

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« Reply #1 on: 26 January, 2008, 02:11:31 pm »

III and IV happened at the same time

the autopsy is shown again at the end of four...to show that
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208
White Glint
Heavens Reaper
Internet Addict

Heavens_Reaper

« Reply #2 on: 26 January, 2008, 03:15:06 pm »

So the autopsy at the beginning actually took place at the end of the events of IV?

So that would explain his ally's surprise when he hears the tape in Jigsaw's stomach.
Report Spam   Logged

Gametag: Bakto Cannon
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« Reply #3 on: 26 January, 2008, 10:29:12 pm »

yes
Report Spam   Logged