Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:21:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Don't credit me for this: This is Shryver's work on GameFAQS. (YOU CAN POST NOW)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't credit me for this: This is Shryver's work on GameFAQS. (YOU CAN POST NOW)  (Read 3499 times)
SilverEspio
Amidoinitrite?
Flame Spirit

Mood: Okay

What's up? I'm back.

« on: 29 January, 2008, 10:01:19 pm »

G&W: Our time is up. I will be here, later. I await your answer then. If you accept, then I will tell you what you must do. Come, we have to go.

(Mr. Game&Watch creates a portal to the 3D world, and he and Geno step through.)

(All the Brawlers, except Mario, have gathered once more in the Conference Room. Samus is standing at the front with a large whiteboard.)

Samus: Are we all here? Excellent. We will now commence the planning of Mario's farewell celebration. Before that, however, I'd like to ask G&W to stand guard at the entrance. If you see Mario coming, ring your bell, because we obviously want to keep this a secret from him as long as possible.

(Mr. Game&Watch gets up and stands in the doorway, leaning up against the door frame, his bell at the ready.)

Samus: Good. Now, I'd like to start with the basics, just so everyone is on the same page. First, when are we going to hold the celebration?

Peach: We should have it a few days after the celebration to celebrate Brawl.

Samus: I see. Hands up, who agrees?

(18 hands go up.)

Samus: That's a majority. Unless those who disagree have a good reason, the official date will be 3 days after the Brawl celebration.

(Geno raises his hand.)

Samus: Geno? On what day should we have the farewell celebration, and why?

Geno: I think we should push back the Brawl celebration, and have the farewell celebration earlier. The reason why is because the farewell celebration is going to have a sad overtone to it, because we have to see Mario go. So, if we have the Brawl celebration after the farewell celebration, we can end this on a kind of lighter note.

Link: Hang on, who said anything about ending it after Brawl? Why can't we keep going? It isn't like everything ends, just because Mario is gone.

(Over by the doorway, Game&Watch's head jerks in Link's direction.)

Link: Besides, isn't that what we were talking about, before my younger self brought this up? Weren't we about to discuss how we would manage this place?

Samus: Link has a point, Geno. We never said this is going to end with Brawl. Anyway, that's something we will discuss as Brawl gets closer. For now, we will focus on this.

Geno: Perhaps.... Very well, I change my vote to having the farewell celebration after the Brawl celebration.

Samus: Alright. That makes 19 in favor of the celebration after the celebration. Any other objections.

(Silence)

Samus: It's settled, then.

(Samus writes "three days after Brawl celebration" on the whiteboard.)

Samus: Next order of business: Where will it be held? Keep in mind that we're going to have a total of 45 characters in one room at once.

(Silence. Then, Luigi raises his hand.)

Luigi: Would it-a be a big deal to have an addition to the mansion? Some kind of-a grand hall? We could use it for the Brawl celebration, the farewell celebration, and for anything we do after-a Brawl.

(Silence again.)

Samus: Hmm..... does anyone here know what it would take to do that? The mansion was re-done in our absence, after all. Does anyone know who we should contact for that?

(Deeaad silence)

Samus: Very well. It's a good idea Luigi. Follow up on that, try to get some information to see who can build the addition.

(Samus writes "Grand Hall?" on the whiteboard.)

Samus: For now, we'll use that idea. We'll look for something else if it doesn't work out. Now, for the next issue, the biggest one: What kind of celebration is it going to be? Snake, I believe you had an idea?

Snake: Yes. It's a fairly simple setup. It's one we've done in my group for years, now. Every time someone of high status left, we held a banquet for them, honoring them. Some people would get up, and give a speech to the guest of honor, in our case, Mario, and then we force our guest of honor to give a speech. It goes into more detail, but that's pretty much all you need to know.

Samus: Duly noted, Snake. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

(More silence.)

Samus: Excellent. It's settled, then. In that case, the next issue is food. How are we going to feed 45 people?

(Silence. Then Pit raises his hand.)

Pit: I have some experience cooking for large crowds. Give me a few hours, I could do it.

Samus: Are you sure you can handle it?

Pit: Well, I have prepared banquets in honor of the goddess of Angel Land, on several occasions.

Samus: Really? (Looks at everyone else) Any objections?

(Silence)

Samus: It's settled, then.

(Samus writes "Pit=chef" on the whiteboard.)

Samus: Hmm.... what else is there? I think everything else can be easily taken care of, later...... Very well. (Turns back to brawlers) I'd like to thank everyone for coming here. Thanks to all of you, this was shorter and easier than I predicted. Luigi, I'd like to you try to get some contact information for the Great Hall. Pit, I want you to start working on a menu. At least 4 courses, I think. Tell me what you'll need, and how long you'll need to get everything prepared. Once you two get the information to me, I'll announce when we hold our next meeting to plan the next step. Does anyone else have any concerns that need to be addressed?

(Silence again)

Samus: So be it. Thank you, again. You're all dismissed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Afterwards, in Snake's airship ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Samus is sitting on Snake's lap, and Snake is hugging Samus.)

Samus: Was I really good in there? Be honest.

Snake: You were great. Everyone answered you promptly, nobody questioned you, at all... you know, I think you could be a really great leader.

Samus: Really? You think? Nah. You're just saying that to get in my suit.

Snake: No, really, I mean it. Although... would that have gotten you out of your suit?

(Samus smacks Snake, then kisses him.)

Snake: In all seriousness, though, what you did in there is no small feat. You basically gave them all hope, when they thought Super Smash Brothers was doomed. I don't think Mario himself could've handled it better.

Samus: ...... All right, that one would've made me take my suit off.

Snake: Why didn't it?

Samus: Well.... It seems sudden, is all. I love you, I really do. It's just... I think we might be going a little fast.

Snake: Heh. Don't worry, I know all about patience. If there's one thing you learn being a black ops one-man army, it's that you have to take your sweet time with things. And I love you, and I will wait as long as you need.

Samus: Thank you. Really.... it means so much to me to hear you say that.

(Samus and Snake starting making out again.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ At the same time ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Ganondorf and Mewtwo are going through the halls.)

Ganondorf: Is it just me, or are things slowly getting weirder around here?

Mewtwo: <No, it's not you. There's definitely something fishy going on here. Something big, too. I just can't quite put my finger on it.>

Ganondorf: You know what I did notice? All of this started happening when Mario announced his retirement. It's like those 5 seconds just triggered everything that's going on around here.

Mewtwo: <Now that you mention it, that's exactly what's happening. It's almost like that's some central issue to a big drama story.>

(Ganondorf and Mewtwo stop at the same time.)

Ganondorf/Mewtwo: .......... Nah.

(They continue on. Suddenly, they run into Marth, Roy, Geno and Meta-Knight.)

Ganondorf: Oh, look. It's the "best friends" and the puppet.

Mewtwo: <Have you ever noticed how Marth and Roy are never seen apart? Isn't that weird?>

Geno: Say, Meta-Knight, have you noticed the exact same thing about Ganondorf and Mewtwo?

(Silence)

Meta-Knight: Owned.

(Marth, Roy, Geno and Meta-Knight continue on their way. Ganondorf and Mewtwo just stand there, dumbfounded.)

Ganondorf: ...... Well.... I don't know about you, but in the Gerudo Valley, I have a harem of almost every woman in the tribe. How about you?

Mewtwo: (cough) <Well..... I've never really had any kind of interest in that sort of stuff. I'm too busy with... other things.>

Ganondorf: Uh... huh.

(Awkward silence.)

Ganondorf: Hey, I just remembered, I.... have something to attend to at my tower.... I'll see you in the mess hall, later.

Mewtwo: <Yeah... and... I have meditation to do.... see ya.>

(They go off in separate directions.)

(Pit and Zelda are sitting in the rec room.)

Zelda: You're going to cook for everyone? Now I don't feel as special.

Pit: Oh, but you still are. For some reason, every time I cook for a large amount of people, the food isn't nearly as good as when I cook for two. It'll still rock their minds, but it's not even close to what I can really do. (Takes Zelda's hand in his own.) Zelda... I swear, right now, I will only give my best to you.

Zelda: Thank you, Pit. But, should you be doing this? A lot of people pass through here, and they might see us like this.

Pit: So what if they do? Zelda, I've been thinking, and... I don't care at all if anyone finds out. No one is going to get mad at us, and Link has no right at all to get mad, when you consider his little "secret."

Zelda: Pit... I wish it were that easy, but... I'm a princess. I could never be seen falling in love with someone... like you. You're a fine warrior, and you're better than any prince, but I have my kingdom to think about.

Pit: What about Link? Is he "good enough?"

Zelda: Pit, please! (sigh) No, I can't love him, either. He's a great hero, in Hyrule, but it's not possible for it to work out between us, either.

Pit: So, what, you're supposed to marry some guy you don't even care for? Is that how it's supposed to be? Zelda, I love you. But how can it work, if we can't even talk?

Zelda: Pit, don't you have your own world to worry about? What about your queen? What if another evil strikes? You have to be there. Oh, that's our problem! We come from different worlds, and even though we want to be together, we simply cannot leave our homes.

Pit: Then... what can we do?

Zelda: I.... I don't know.

(Suddenly, Link walks in)

Link: Hey, Zelda. I gotta-... what's going on here?

Pit: Link! Uh, er, that is... you see (cough) Zelda here was-

Zelda: I was just asking Pit if he really is as good a chef as he says.

Pit: That's right! I was just describing some of the dishes I make, getting her opinion. You know, for Mario's farewell celebration!

Link: ...... Okay. Just make sure you get some fish in there. I really like a good whitetail.

Pit: Uh, sure. I'll take that into consideration.

Link: Anyway, Zelda, I gotta go back to Hyrule. Saria says that there's an uprising of moblins. I'll probably be back some time late, tomorrow morning.

Zelda: All right. Be careful.

Link: No problem. I handled way bigger than them, before. This'll be a piece of cake.

(Link leaves. Zelda and Pit breathe a heavy sigh of relief.)

Pit: You know... if he's really dumb enough that he doesn't suspect anything, then we REALLY don't have to worry about anything.

(Luigi is standing outside Mario's office.)

Luigi: Okay... I can do this. All I have to do is-a go in there, ask Mario who I call to get a great hall built, and that's it. No problem. (deep breath) Okay, here I go!

(Luigi walks in.)

Mario: Luigi! How are you?

Luigi: Oh, I'm fine. You?

Mario: Not bad. I'm a little down that I have to leave you all. But I'm-a looking forward to relaxing for a while.

Luigi: Oh, yes. We're all-a sad to see you go. But, we're trying to move on. Make-a the best of our time together, and all.

Mario: That's-a good to hear. Was there something you needed?

Luigi: Yes, there is something. (cough) Mario, me and the others thought it'd be a good idea to have some sort of great hall. You know, for our Brawl-a celebration, and for welcoming the newcomers in the next Smash-a Brothers.

Mario: Hm, I see. That's a very good idea. I'll make a few calls. How big do you think we'll need it? (Mario pulls out a notepad, and clicks a pen.)

Luigi: Um, well... I think it should be able to hold at least 50 people, counting some of-a the characters that will be coming in for the next Smash-a Brothers.

(Mario scribbles a few notes.)

Mario: Anything else? Details?

Luigi: Um...... Oh! It should be connected to the kitchen! You know, for banquets, and-a such.

Mario (raised eyebrow): Banquets?

Luigi: Umm.... Well.... we want to make the ones not from our universe feel welcome, right? Besides, I don't know about you, but after the Melee celebration, I had to run to the kitchen, I was-a so starving!

Mario: Right, right. Good thinking. (scribbles more notes) Hmm.... I think that should be good. I'll get in touch with our contractors and-a get back to you. Is-a there anything else, while we're at it?

Luigi: Urr, that should be good. If-a you think of anything, go ahead and include that.

Mario: Okie-dokie! This is going to be great. I'll get right on it.

Luigi: Thanks, Mario.

(Luigi walks out of the room.)

Mario: Hmm... Sounds simple enough. Although, it'll take me more than a day to create all of this. I wonder how I can get them all out of here for a while?

(Geno has returned to the 2D realm, to meet with Mr. Game&Watch.)

G&W: Ah, you're here. Excellent. I assume you've come to a decision?

Geno: That's right.

G&W: Now, before you give me your answer, I'd like to tell you what happens, depending on what you tell me. If you turn me down, I will erase from your memory everything you've experienced in the 2D realm. You'll forget everything, and you will feel like you've just walked in here for the first time.

Geno: Sounds a little drastic, don't you think?

G&W: Perhaps, but I don't want to risk you telling others my secret, if you don't commit yourself to this task. But, that will only happen if you refuse. If, instead, you have decided to accept my offer, I'd like you to know that it isn't exactly a difficult mission, it's just going to take you some time to get it done, if it's to be done right. There will be a reward for you, and I will also tell you why it HAS to be you.

Geno: Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be harder than you're making it out to be?

G&W: Perhaps it will be, perhaps it won't. It's up to you, really.

Geno: Very well. (deep breath) I'll do it.

G&W: Fantastic.

(There's a momentary flash, then the light fades. Nothing has changed.)

Geno: What the hell was that?

G&W: Oh, that? I just gave you a bit of my power. You can affect this 2D realm with your will. Use it as you see fit. Think of it as a reward for what you're about to do.

Geno: Well... I'm honored.

(Geno wills a big easy-chair into existence, and sits down.)

Geno: Not bad. Now, I believe you were going to tell me, finally, what it is I'm supposed to do about Mario, and why I'm the only one who can do it.

G&W: That's right, I was.

(Mr. Game&Watch creates his own chair, and sits down.)

G&W: First, I'll tell you why I chose you, in particular, to do this task. (creates a mug of cocoa, and sips) When I told you that I chose you because you're one of his closest comrades, you asked me why I didn't choose Luigi or Peach.

Geno: I was there, remember? I know what I said.

G&W: Right. The reason I can't ask either of them is because they can't see very far beyond Mario's condition, and his feelings. You don't have this problem. You can see past all that, and only consider logic, fact and truth, not to mention the greater good. I suppose, if you want that shortened up, (sips cocoa) you could say I chose you because you think with your mind, not with your heart.

Geno: Hmm... I see what you mean. Those regular humans are like that. Fine. So, what is it you need me to do?

G&W: (sips cocoa) It's easier said than done, believe me. All I need you to do is make sure that Mario stays here, after Brawl.

Geno: ...... That's it? What for? Why does Mario have to stay here?

G&W: ..... It's not as fun as people would think, being a deity in your own realm. There isn't much for me to do, and I've been trying to amuse myself for the past 10 years, without much luck. Then, a few years back, Mario pulled me into the 3D realm. At first, I missed my powers. When you're omnipotent for almost all of your life, losing a great deal of your strength will do that to you. However, I soon forgot about my strength when Mario told me about Melee. I have to admit... it was the most fun I had ever had in my entire life. (sips cocoa)

Geno: ...... I can understand how you feel. It was the same when I first possessed this doll, to join Mario on his adventures. But, what does all this have to do with Mario?

G&W: Do you remember when I called Mario a Great Old One? Well, it turns out that he has the same powers as me, only his powers are in the 3D realm. How do you think this Mansion was done in a matter of weeks? It would have taken at least a year if it were just some construction crew.

Geno: Woah, woah. You're saying that Mario... built all this?

G&W: Created, I think, would be a more accurate word. Much like you created that chair with your will, Mario has the same power in the 3D world.

Geno: Huh.... So, let me guess... if Mario leaves with the intention of never coming back, this world blinks out of existence?

G&W: Well, more like everything on this world. Mario isn't QUITE powerful enough to create a whole planet. Besides, it would have taken him an entire year to do it, and he has to keep busy, you know? Anyway, Mario existed in both worlds for a very long time, which is why his strength doesn't measure up to mine.

Geno: I see. And, judging by your rambling before, you like the excitement of the 3D world, and Super Smash Brothers is the only way you can experience it. Is that about right?

G&W: Perceptive. That's another reason why I chose you over everyone else.

Geno: Well, I share your sentiment. I haven't worked with Mario in a very long time, and I kind of doubt I'll be able to, again. I'd be glad to do this. In fact... I think this might be easier than I first thought.

G&W: Excellent. I'm glad to hear it. Now, as you know, time is different, here. I believe it's about 9:00 in the 3D world. You should get moving.

Geno: Right. And, don't worry. I'm sure I'll be able to get this done. I'll be seeing you around.

G&W: Right. I have every confidence in you.

(Geno creates a portal back to the 3D world, and steps through.)

Geno: Woah. There's that loss of power he was talking about. Eh, it's not that bad. Now, how the hell am I going to convince Mario to stay?

(And so, Geno sets off through the hallways of the Brawl Mansion, with this problem weighing on his mind.)

(Marth and Roy are in their room. It's approximately 10 at night.)

Marth: {Roy, we really-} (kiss) {have to work on-} (kiss) {helping you relearn-} (kiss) {your language.} (more making out)

(Marth suddenly pulls away)

Marth: {Roy! What's with you? I love you, I really do, but we have to focus! You must relearn your language, you just have to!}

(Roy looks into Marth's eyes. Suddenly, it looks like Roy is going to cry.)

Marth: {Roy..... Roy, please don't do this to me.}

(Roy starts sniffing. Tears are starting to well up.)

Marth: ......... {All right.... but I'm not going to let you do this to me, for long. None of this, tomorrow. Got it?}

(Roy nods eagerly. Take a guess what happens next.)

(Luigi is standing outside Samus' gunship.)

Luigi: Samus? Samus, are you in there? I have news about the grand hall.

(Samus appears out of the top of her gunship.)

Samus: Luigi? Isn't it a little late? How come you didn't tell me earlier? I was just about to get to sleep.

Luigi: Ah, well, I was-a busy. Besides, you told me I should tell you as soon as I could.

Samus: Right, right. Well? What's the deal?

Luigi: I talked to Mario, and told him it's-a for Smash-a Brothers celebrations. He told me that he would take care of everything. I don't-a think he suspects anything.

Samus: I see. That's good news. I'll spread it around, tomorrow. Now, we only have to wait for Pit.

Luigi: That's good to hear. Um, Samus? There's something else I'm-a wondering about.

Samus: What's that?

Luigi: When are we going to start talking about... what to do after-a Brawl?

Samus: (sigh) ...... I think... We'll start talking about that issue... I think about a week before Brawl. We aren't going to be able to talk during Brawl, obviously. And I definitely want to use as much time as we can, so it should be before Brawl.

Luigi: That sounds about right. So, I just wanted you to know that-a Mario will take care of the great hall.

Samus: Thank you. That's going to help me sleep. Good night, Luigi.

Luigi: Good-a night.

(Luigi leaves. Samus sinks back into her gunship. She sits at her console, and taps a few keys.)

Samus: Where was I? Oh, right. Snake and I have slowed down. I know we truly love each other, but I just feel that we should take it a little slow, is all. After all, at the academy, I've seen lives be destroyed because people have fallen in love. I can't remember how many women failed, just because they were broken up over some guy. Right now, I can't really risk the same thing. All the other brawlers are looking to me to keep them together, and I don't think I could do that if I'm heart-broken.

(Samus takes a sip, then looks into her cup. After a moment, she taps a few buttons on her console.)

Samus: Memo to self: Find out if chamomile is the best tea there is. Gather several kinds of tea, both common and rare. (sips chamomile) Anyway... I finally told Mario my idea to help out the Mushroom Kingdom, even if he's retired. He seemed to take it very well. He told me he'd never thought of such a thing. Apparently, he had been planning on... shutting himself in. It's kind of sad, really. It's like he doesn't want to remember his life. Maybe he needs some sort of therapy. His attitude can't be normal for his age.

(Samus pauses to refill her cup.)

I can't help but wonder if there's something else going on, with Mario. I could swear he's got some ulterior reason or his retirement that he's not letting on. (sips chamomile) But, perhaps I'm focusing on Mario too much. After all, if I'm going to lead everyone, I have to pay attention to them, as well. Let's see... I think I have to remember to keep an eye on Mewtwo and Ganondorf. Then again, they could be useful as information centers. For some reason, they seem to know quite a bit. Come to think of it, I bet I could instantly get on their good side by taking advantage of their information. In fact... (sips chamomile) ... they could become downright amiable if I actually approach them for information, and such. It's obvious that they aren't as evil as they want us to believe. ..... Yes.... I think this could work.

(Samus taps a few keys on her console, ending her log recording.)

Samus: Anway... I need to get to bed. I have a feeling that tomorrow isn't exactly going to be easier.

(The next morning, we find Ganondorf and Mewtwo are fueling up on grub after morning training.... just like always.)

Mewtwo: (sucks down an over-easy egg) <So, what do you think about Samus taking charge?> (gulps grape juice)

Ganondorf: (crunches a wad of bacon) Hell, she's better than almost everyone else. (slams a glass of milk and refills it) I mean, she doesn't really have any experience as a leader, but she's doing pretty well. (crunches another wad of bacon)

Mewtwo: (bites buttered toast) <Indeed. You wouldn't believe what emotions I picked up, yesterday.> (eats the rest of toast, and slams a glass of milk)

Ganondorf: Try me. I'm gullible. (shovels scrambled eggs into his mouth)
Report Spam   Logged

Wii code: N/A
Brawl code: N/A
MKWii code: N/A
Xbox360 Gamertag: Pwn3r90

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: