Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:14:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Okami

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okami  (Read 111 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« on: 03 February, 2008, 10:40:45 pm »

Ah, now that's a damn good game. It's in my top five list, actually. I hope the Wii port is good. To clear things up, people think it's just going to be a perfect port. Though it isn't confirmed to have more features, Ready At Dawn was just focusing on making it a perfect port first before worrying about any extra features. I guess extra features like widescreen support, various difficulties, more mini-games, etc. aren't out of the question after all.

Man, I love Okami. There seriously needs to be a sequel, though I doubt there even will be...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1 on: 03 February, 2008, 10:49:22 pm »

From what I've seen and heard, Okami looks like a really cool game. I would love to be able to play this when it comes out for the Wii.
I would highly recommend it to you. It's an excellent game, and I'm looking forward to the Wii version, despite the fact that I'm on my third playthrough of the PS2 version.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #2 on: 03 February, 2008, 10:55:20 pm »

A lot of people compare it to Zelda. They say it's "Capcom's Zelda" and stuff like that, though IMO it isn't as similar as people exaggerate it to be. I can say that if you like Zelda, you'd like Okami. Hell, I don't think you'd even need to like Zelda to like this game (obviously). >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #3 on: 03 February, 2008, 11:03:19 pm »

Well uh, tell your friends to buy the game too. >_>

I don't want the Wii version to suffer as much as the PS2 version. Of course, it was just Japan who failed to realize the amazing features of this game. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #4 on: 03 February, 2008, 11:16:20 pm »

Some of my friends already have this game. And I had no idea that it did so poorly in sales. Actually, I don't really know that much about this game at all.
It sold 66,000 copies in the first two weeks in Japan and 100,000 copies in America in the same time period. >_>

Damn people not appreciating this game. It confuses me as to how No More Heroes, a brand new game in a possibly new franchise does perfectly fine, yet this game does so poorly, especially how it's in the same position as NMH in terms of it being new.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #5 on: 03 February, 2008, 11:18:08 pm »

Some of my friends already have this game. And I had no idea that it did so poorly in sales. Actually, I don't really know that much about this game at all.
It sold 66,000 copies in the first two weeks in Japan and 100,000 copies in America in the same time period. >_>

Damn people not appreciating this game. It confuses me as to how No More Heroes, a brand new game in a possibly new franchise does perfectly fine, yet this game does so poorly, especially how it's in the same position as NMH in terms of it being new.

Advertising.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #6 on: 03 February, 2008, 11:20:58 pm »

Advertising.
Indeed. Still, NP did a great job with their article on the game, plus that interview. Much better than what PSM did. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
mahoney23

« Reply #7 on: 04 February, 2008, 12:28:42 am »

To be honest, I liked Okami better than Zelda: TP.
Report Spam   Logged

*Fear the Wafle Iron*
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #8 on: 04 February, 2008, 01:53:10 pm »

Advertising.

Yeah. Obviously No More Heroes will have it's sales jacked up with Ubisoft behind the localization.
Report Spam   Logged
mahoney23

« Reply #9 on: 04 February, 2008, 07:22:40 pm »

Still havn't played NMH. Is it really that fun?
Report Spam   Logged

*Fear the Wafle Iron*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: