Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 08:25:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The "Officious" Naruto Topic

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 131   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Officious" Naruto Topic  (Read 17970 times)
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #480 on: 15 December, 2007, 11:24:21 am »

....The cool characters get a sucky death...

Why Kishimoto?

And is her name Orihime or just her.... body structure that looks like Orihime?

Like Darkblaze said, she just looks like Orihime.

Her name is Uzumaki Kushina.
Report Spam   Logged
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« Reply #481 on: 15 December, 2007, 06:42:02 pm »

bleh...I don't like Orochimaru's voice...
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #482 on: 16 December, 2007, 10:31:01 am »

*anti-dub rant coming up*

LOOPY FIST!? LOOPY FIST!? WHAT THE HELL!?

I mean, really! That sounds like something 4Kids would call it! I understand that they can't call it Drunken Fist, I can live with the whole Elixir thing, but LOOPY FIST!? That ruined the whole thing for me! I was looking forward to last night and next week's Naruto because they were the Drunken Fist episodes, but now Viz completely ruined it for me! I mean, up until now, I've always said the Naruto has had a decent dub. But I honestly can't say that anymore. I was expecting something clever, something a lot more intelligent...but LOOPY FIST!? It's insulting! Most people watching Naruto are not 10 year-olds! We're not going to find Loopy Fist funny! We're going to think it's LAME! Even off the top of my head, I came up with the name Potion Fist as a much better alternative! LOOPY FIST!?

I'm not watching Naruto next Saturday night. I can't. I honestly feel insulted by Viz Media. I used to defend the Naruto Dub. I used to think that it wasn't that bad. But that.....that was the only mistake it took. I always knew that the Drunken Fist episodes would be Viz Media's true test. They could either handle those episodes in a clever manner and earn my respect, or do something stupid and earn my wrath. They chose the later. And I am upset.

*rant over*
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #483 on: 16 December, 2007, 10:49:30 am »

'Twas bound to happen sooner or later.

Any anime on CN are going to get censor screwed at some point.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #484 on: 16 December, 2007, 10:52:59 am »

Animecentral FTW. In the UK, anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #485 on: 16 December, 2007, 10:57:35 am »

........Is that an anime CHANNEL!?
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #486 on: 16 December, 2007, 10:58:03 am »

'Twas bound to happen sooner or later.

Any anime on CN are going to get censor screwed at some point.

Well, I knew they couldn't call it Drunken Fist....but I at least expected something more intelligent than friggin' Loopy Fist.

Like I said, they could have called it Potion Fist. It would fit in with the whole "calling sake elixir" thing that they were doing, and it wouldn't have sounded so dumb. Like I said, I could live with the whole "elixir" thing. But Loopy Fist is where I draw the line.

That, and the fact that they edited out Lee's red cheeks. That was just pointless. I mean, they made Lee sound drunk....he was slurring his speech. But he can't have red cheeks?
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #487 on: 16 December, 2007, 11:01:07 am »

That's dubbing companies for you.

They screw you over. I'm not surprised to be honest... Not because I don't like dubs, but because Naruto aired on CN. Everything that airs on CN gets screwed over if it wasn't immediately intended for kids. One piece got screwed, and now Naruto gets screwed. Pokemon got screwed, Yu-gi-oh got screwed... It's not a surprise for me.

I'm just glad that Denmark will get the uncensored version of the anime.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #488 on: 16 December, 2007, 11:08:43 am »

........Is that an anime CHANNEL!?

Yup. Barely anything on it, though.

Bleach
Wolf's Rain
Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig
.Hack//Sign
Cowboy Bebop
Transformers Victory

That's it.

Naruto & Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo have been taken by Jetix & Cartoon Network had One Piece before it got cancelled.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #489 on: 16 December, 2007, 11:41:40 am »

That's dubbing companies for you.

They screw you over. I'm not surprised to be honest... Not because I don't like dubs, but because Naruto aired on CN. Everything that airs on CN gets screwed over if it wasn't immediately intended for kids. One piece got screwed, and now Naruto gets screwed. Pokemon got screwed, Yu-gi-oh got screwed... It's not a surprise for me.

I'm just glad that Denmark will get the uncensored version of the anime.

Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon didn't originally air on Cartoon Network here in America....well, Yu-Gi-Oh GX originally aired on Cartoon Network, but that was it.

The main problem is 4Kids. 4Kids dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh, they dubbed several seasons of Pokemon, and they originally dubbed One Piece.

Although, ironically enough, 4Kids didn't really screw Pokemon up. The Pokemon anime just became horrible when they began to show all those fillers to stall until the 3rd gen games were released.

Up until now, Naruto has had what I called a "decent dub". They didn't try to write around death, they removed some blood, but not all of it, they used the word kill....I mean, they kept in the Sexy Jutsu, and made several vague references to alcohol. But then they pulled the whole Loopy Fist crap. It's the only horrible thing they've done, but it's insulting enough for me to be really upset about it.

When I think about it, I really hope Naruto Shippuden airs on Adult Swim, that way they won't have to edit Sai's lines about Naruto's manhood, nor will they have to edit out Hidan and Suigetsu's language.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #490 on: 16 December, 2007, 11:43:31 am »

I think you'll have to wave goodbye to Sai's insults. I doubt Viz will give Naruto away to another company, or air it on Adult swim.

It's a child anime you know.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #491 on: 16 December, 2007, 11:50:29 am »

Eh, Yu-Gi-Oh & Pokemon are crappy shows anyway. Pokemon might be better if they ditched the current characters & followed the games more.

And to be fair, I prefer GX to original Yu-Gi-Oh. Though I lost interest in that some time ago...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #492 on: 16 December, 2007, 12:26:58 pm »

I think you'll have to wave goodbye to Sai's insults. I doubt Viz will give Naruto away to another company, or air it on Adult swim.

It's a child anime you know.

The problem is, so is Bleach. In Japan, Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece are all targeted towards the same age group. Yet when you bring them to America, Naruto and One Piece suddenly get targeted towards a younger audience, while Bleach is targeted towards an older group. Why?

I mean, when I think about it, I'm now dreading the introduction of Franky in the dub, because I'm afraid of what they may change. You know they're going to do something about the part where Franky streaks through the city, and you know they're going to try and edit around the part where Robin grabs Franky's manhood. And it makes me sad.
They'll probably also edit Brook's request to see Robin and Nami's panties!

It's stuff like this that makes me realize that as long as they continue to market One Piece and Naruto to the wrong age group, they'll never be able to really dub it correctly.

Eh, Yu-Gi-Oh & Pokemon are crappy shows anyway. Pokemon might be better if they ditched the current characters & followed the games more.

And to be fair, I prefer GX to original Yu-Gi-Oh. Though I lost interest in that some time ago...

I agree. Pokemon is aimed towards younger audiences even in Japan, and Yu-Gi-Oh is actually pretty boring when you think about it.

As for the Pokemon anime....well, let's just say I've actually compiled a list of changes they would have to make to make the Pokemon anime good. And the number one change is to get rid of Ash.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #493 on: 16 December, 2007, 12:29:47 pm »

That's america for you.

The land of freedom, yet the most censorship.

THat's actually a subject I like Denmark on. We're getting the Naruto anime January 1st, in two versions. One to be shown on T.V, which has been edited. The second is an unedited version, completely intact, that you can freely watch on the internet.

THAT is the correct way to dub something, if you want it to be aimed towards younger audiences. Just let people watch it on the internet if they don't like the edited version.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #494 on: 16 December, 2007, 12:33:14 pm »

That's america for you.

The land of freedom, yet the most censorship.

THat's actually a subject I like Denmark on. We're getting the Naruto anime January 1st, in two versions. One to be shown on T.V, which has been edited. The second is an unedited version, completely intact, that you can freely watch on the internet.

THAT is the correct way to dub something, if you want it to be aimed towards younger audiences. Just let people watch it on the internet if they don't like the edited version.

....can I move in with you?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 131   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: