Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 02:41:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The "Officious" Naruto Topic

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 131   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Officious" Naruto Topic  (Read 18732 times)
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #510 on: 16 December, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »

See, this is what's good about the Bleach dub. It doesn't get totally raped by censors.

That's because they show it late at night on [adult swim]. They target it towards an older demographic, so they let it get away with more.

But apparently, Naruto and One Piece are kiddier than Bleach, so they have to be aimed at a younger demographic, despite being aimed at the same demographic in Japan as Bleach is!
I'd like to point out the fact that one piece characters are hurt and bleed 10 times more than bleach characters.

Usopp got his skull completely smashed. Ichigo has never had that happen, he mostly just blees from his forehead.

Exactly my point. I think the main reason Bleach is aired on [adult swim] is because of the large quantities of blood. But they could edit it out and air it for a younger audience just as easily as all the edits they make to One Piece!

I really think One Piece and Naruto would have much better dubs if they just edited them with an older demographic in mind. Air Naruto and One Piece at later time slots, target them towards the 16 and up demographic, and I'm sure they would be much better!
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #511 on: 16 December, 2007, 01:34:52 pm »

There really is no forgiving what 4Kids did to One Piece. I reckon the only reason they tied to kiddify it is because pirates could be interpreted as being more kiddy than a show that revolves around death & evil spirits.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #512 on: 16 December, 2007, 01:37:34 pm »

See, this is what's good about the Bleach dub. It doesn't get totally raped by censors.

That's because they show it late at night on [adult swim]. They target it towards an older demographic, so they let it get away with more.

But apparently, Naruto and One Piece are kiddier than Bleach, so they have to be aimed at a younger demographic, despite being aimed at the same demographic in Japan as Bleach is!
I'd like to point out the fact that one piece characters are hurt and bleed 10 times more than bleach characters.

Usopp got his skull completely smashed. Ichigo has never had that happen, he mostly just blees from his forehead.

Exactly my point. I think the main reason Bleach is aired on [adult swim] is because of the large quantities of blood. But they could edit it out and air it for a younger audience just as easily as all the edits they make to One Piece!

I really think One Piece and Naruto would have much better dubs if they just edited them with an older demographic in mind. Air Naruto and One Piece at later time slots, target them towards the 16 and up demographic, and I'm sure they would be much better!
But that's my whole point. Bleach DOESN'T have more blood, in fact it has less. It has more violence, but it has less blood.

When Luffy fights, he bleeds like tons, as does Zoro. They bleed to fill bucketfulls.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #513 on: 16 December, 2007, 01:52:21 pm »

But that's my whole point. Bleach DOESN'T have more blood, in fact it has less. It has more violence, but it has less blood.

When Luffy fights, he bleeds like tons, as does Zoro. They bleed to fill bucketfulls.

I never really knew that, but it's kind of the point that I'm trying to make. With all the blood they edit out of One Piece, Bleach could have just as easily aimed at a younger audience. I mean, they managed to edit Shaman King for a younger audience, and it dealt heavily with death and ghosts. So basically, my problem is that they treat One Piece and Naruto like it's so much kiddier than Bleach, when it isn't.

If Bleach is [adult swim] material, then so should Naruto and One Piece.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #514 on: 16 December, 2007, 02:03:49 pm »

Indeed, it should.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #515 on: 16 December, 2007, 02:07:17 pm »

Yeah, but the Shaman King dub isn't exactly praised, apparently...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #516 on: 16 December, 2007, 02:12:03 pm »

Yeah, but the Shaman King dub isn't exactly praised, apparently...

My problem with the Shaman King dub is that they pretty much showed every episode only once. Which means, I actually missed most episodes.

But I hear there were a lot of other problems with it.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #517 on: 16 December, 2007, 02:14:02 pm »

Yeah, Maniac (I think) gave me a whole list in ILS' question topic, essentially destroying any faith I had in the dub.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #518 on: 16 December, 2007, 02:15:11 pm »

...can I see this list?
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #519 on: 16 December, 2007, 02:17:36 pm »

Well not really a list. More a case of "butchered lines & raped fight scenes".

Those weren't the exact words, but that was essentially the point.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #520 on: 16 December, 2007, 02:18:14 pm »

Well not really a list. More a case of "butchered lines & raped fight scenes".

... *heads to ILS's topic to see this...case*
Report Spam   Logged
Cads_473
The one and only Cads.
Legendary Member

Mood: High

I wanna be the minority!

« Reply #521 on: 18 December, 2007, 09:34:03 am »

I don't mind the dubbed Naruto voices either. Although, Orochimaru's voice just draws more comparisons between him & Michael Jackson...
Duh.

He was based on Michael Jackson.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=243
Report Spam   Logged

Its all pointless now.
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #522 on: 18 December, 2007, 10:38:31 am »

Enel/Eneru from One Piece is based on Eminem... I believe the author said so...
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #523 on: 18 December, 2007, 11:38:00 am »

Enel/Eneru from One Piece is based on Eminem... I believe the author said so...
A: Shouldn't this be in the one piece discussion topic?

B: ....Seriously? If it is, then Lol big time.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #524 on: 18 December, 2007, 12:22:09 pm »

I dunno, you were just talking about characters being based on people.

And, to be back on topic, Lol @ Loopy fist, and more importantly, Lol @ the people who complain about it

This just in: Viz announces Shippuuden to start March 08. According to the list of episodes, there's about 6 weeks of episodes at the 2 episode a week rate... We'll probably see a bit of filler, probably the last one because the end contains a canon scene.
« Last Edit: 18 December, 2007, 05:00:15 pm by Kurosaki Ichigo » Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 131   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: