Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 02:50:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The "Officious" Naruto Topic

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 131   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Officious" Naruto Topic  (Read 18598 times)
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Mood: Grateful

Rotom!

« Reply #1215 on: 11 October, 2009, 01:39:59 pm »

I guess Byakugan was out of the question because no one in Madara's group had it...
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1216 on: 11 October, 2009, 02:40:04 pm »

Yeah, maybe... I've never liked Kishimoto's special treatment of the Uchihas, though...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #1217 on: 15 October, 2009, 08:35:43 pm »

I continue to love the Raikage.

And according to some early spoilers I read.... Killerbee is showing up in this week's chapter.

Ah, I love the Cloud village....it's officially my favorite.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1218 on: 16 October, 2009, 10:14:27 am »

And according to some early spoilers I read.... Killerbee is showing up in this week's chapter.

Well, the spoilers are correct.

Though something tells me Killerbee might be about to get his ass kicked... unfortunately...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1219 on: 16 October, 2009, 12:08:34 pm »

Though something tells me Killerbee might be about to get his ass kicked... unfortunately...
Well let's think about it. Kisame was just specifically mentioned as being as strong as a Bijuu, and then we switch to him, when he's about to fight? Of course that's the case.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1220 on: 16 October, 2009, 12:29:12 pm »

Yeah, that was my reasoning.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1221 on: 16 October, 2009, 09:19:04 pm »

NEVER! Killerbee is unstoppable!

He'll destroy Kisame with.....THE POWER OF ENKA!
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1222 on: 16 October, 2009, 09:25:31 pm »

NEVER! Killerbee is unstoppable!

He'll destroy Kisame with.....THE POWER OF ENKA!
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah...no dice. Everything about how this battle's been set up indicates KB's going to get curbstomped.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1223 on: 16 October, 2009, 09:31:55 pm »

But....Killerbee is awesome....and....passion...and...enka.... /denial.

Although, I would like to point out how everyone assumed Sasuke was going to beat Raikage, and I was the only one who said NO WAI!
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1224 on: 16 October, 2009, 09:37:04 pm »

Although, I would like to point out how everyone assumed Sasuke was going to beat Raikage, and I was the only one who said NO WAI!
Well, he did get past Raikage, since that's what he was aiming for the whole time, it's a sort of victory, though he did get owned hard. However, the reason we all assumed that was because of how much of the spotlight had been placed on Sasuke and how damn good and invincible he was.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1225 on: 16 October, 2009, 09:39:03 pm »

Well, he did get past Raikage, since that's what he was aiming for the whole time, it's a sort of victory, though he did get owned hard. However, the reason we all assumed that was because of how much of the spotlight had been placed on Sasuke and how damn good and invincible he was.

This. I personally find it hard to believe that Kishimoto would have made... uh... that glasses character put so much emphasis on how strong Kisame supposedly is if he wasn't about to own someone hard.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #1226 on: 24 October, 2009, 10:09:48 pm »

So I just finished reading this series over the last two weeks, and there's quite a bit I've wanted to say about it, but I wanted to come into this series with zero risks of spoilers. And I have to say that of all the manga series I've read so far, this is easily the best. I'm not sure yet if I'd say it's my favorite, but it is the best.

I'm not sure who writes this series but they're a development God. In the beginning of the story when the characters only knew a couple tricks, a fight would last half a chapter to at most a chapter and a half, which I appreciated about the Chunnin arc since it kept it from dragging on. But now that the characters have developed, fights between them can go on for chapters at a time and still be relatively reasonable when you consider their newer strategies and techniques. The characters are all glorious, the only two I don't really like are Sasuke and Sakura. But the rest of the cast is flippantly **** awesome. I swear to God tears almost came to my eyes when Shikimaru and Gaara, my two favorite characters, took several levels in badass as the series progressed.

I also appreciate how, recent arc excluding, characters actually stay dead. Jiraiya's death, although foreshadowed to hell, was what convinced me without a doubt that this is the best manga I've read so far. The fact that they had the sheer balls to kill off such a beloved character completely earned my respect.

I also think it's kind of funny how Naruto really is a better person than me. When I was going through the destruction of Konoha, I had known these characters for only about two weeks, and I wanted Pain to die horrifically for what he'd done. I kept cheering for Naruto to off the fucker, preferably using some sort of slow burning fire. The death of Kakashi completely threw me over the edge. Deep in the back of my mind, the pessimist in me kept saying how it was cheap that they brought him back so easily while the rest of my brain told my inner pessimist to shut the hell up and go cut itself.

My only real complaint I have towards the series is Sasuke. I suppose he must be some sort of necessary evil to the series but in every one of his battles, I've been rooting **** for the people who fight against him, all of which had way more personality than he did. Hell, Deadra had like, 6 panels of background story, and he had more justified and reasonable motivation.

Anywho, just wanted to get my thoughts on this excellent and previously under-estimated series out there.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1227 on: 24 October, 2009, 10:28:42 pm »

Kishimoto? A "development God"?

I must be really out of the Naruto loop...
« Last Edit: 24 October, 2009, 10:30:31 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #1228 on: 24 October, 2009, 10:30:19 pm »

hurr hurr

Admittedly the recent stuff has been fairly interesting.

And I wanna see that guy that Killerbee was talking to fight.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1229 on: 24 October, 2009, 10:33:00 pm »

hurr hurr

Admittedly the recent stuff has been fairly interesting.

Eh, I suppose.

And, despite being out of the Naruto loop for a long time, missing a huge gap in the story, I guess I can give Gaffit credit for at least hating Sasuke like any self-respecting fan of this series should.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 131   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: