Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:43:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The "Officious" Naruto Topic

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 131   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Officious" Naruto Topic  (Read 17834 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #1230 on: 24 October, 2009, 10:43:19 pm »

Kishimoto? A "development God"?

I must be really out of the Naruto loop...
Cut the Naruto noob a break eh?

The two characters that have received the least development in my opinion are Tenten and Sakura. And at least Tenten has the fact that she's a secondary character as an excuse.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1231 on: 24 October, 2009, 11:16:17 pm »

The two characters that have received the least development in my opinion are Tenten and Sakura. And at least Tenten has the fact that she's a secondary character as an excuse.

To be fair, I'm probably about as much of a noob as you are. I started watching Naruto at the begining, then they stopped showing it in the UK around where Jiraiya and Tsunade fight Orochimaru and I had no real desire to get back into it. I only started reading it again a couple of months ago, so there's a huge gap where I only know a few details.

Also, to bring up another point in your previous post, you don't necessarily need to kill off popular characters to write a great story. One Piece is running proof of that. And if you do kill off characters, it's pretty cheap to just suddenly resurrect them without much explanation for how it happened. *coughKakashicough*
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1232 on: 24 October, 2009, 11:17:57 pm »

Thinking of getting back in Naruto now, actually...
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1233 on: 24 October, 2009, 11:29:09 pm »

To be fair, I'm probably about as much of a noob as you are. I started watching Naruto at the begining, then they stopped showing it in the UK around where Jiraiya and Tsunade fight Orochimaru and I had no real desire to get back into it. I only started reading it again a couple of months ago, so there's a huge gap where I only know a few details.

Also, to bring up another point in your previous post, you don't necessarily need to kill off popular characters to write a great story. One Piece is running proof of that. And if you do kill off characters, it's pretty cheap to just suddenly resurrect them without much explanation for how it happened. *coughKakashicough*

I realize you don't need to kill off a character (Though Bon-Chan will still always be in our memories), the way they pulled it off was just awesome. The fact that Jiraiya willed himself back to life after his heart had physically stopped just so he could leave behind the bad guy's weakness before dying and revealing Naruto's origins in the process was beyond words.

I admit that Kakashi coming back to life was handled a bit awkwardly, and I would have liked to see how they handled 9/10 of Konoha's population being destroyed, I liked how it was done with Pain sacrificing himself to bring back all those he'd killed on what was essentially a bet on Naruto. Plus we got to meet Kakashi's pops. What I was straight out dreading was that this would somehow bring Jiraiya back as well, thankfully they avoided this and his badass death was not undone.
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« Reply #1234 on: 24 October, 2009, 11:30:24 pm »

I was under the impression that it was implied Kakashi didn't actually die, but was at death's door and recovered.
Nvm...I remembered that it was Nagato that brought him back.
« Last Edit: 24 October, 2009, 11:32:40 pm by sasilly » Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1235 on: 25 October, 2009, 10:17:14 am »

Could someone tell me what Sasuke's motivation is now? 'Cause it seems to me a bit like he's just being evil for the sake of being evil.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1236 on: 25 October, 2009, 11:14:31 am »

Could someone tell me what Sasuke's motivation is now? 'Cause it seems to me a bit like he's just being evil for the sake of being evil.

Honestly, I have no idea anymore. That's one of the things I really don't like about him. His brother sacrificed his life and reputation in order to save Konoha, so obviously Sasuke should.... destroy... Konoha?
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1237 on: 25 October, 2009, 11:38:29 am »

LolNaruto.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1238 on: 25 October, 2009, 11:47:38 am »

LolNaruto.

Says the man with the Dragonball Z profile inside the Naruto topic?
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1239 on: 25 October, 2009, 11:53:01 am »

And?
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1240 on: 25 October, 2009, 12:14:58 pm »

Who said I was attempting to make a point? Merely laying out a difference in opinions I suppose.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1241 on: 25 October, 2009, 12:24:25 pm »

Well, truth be told I haven't been paying attention to anime nowadays. Original Naruto was alright, but Shippuden is horsedoodoo. Don't get me started on Bleach though, that crap makes Shippuden look like a masterpiece....One Piece is cool though.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1242 on: 25 October, 2009, 12:34:05 pm »

Honestly, I have no idea anymore. That's one of the things I really don't like about him. His brother sacrificed his life and reputation in order to save Konoha, so obviously Sasuke should.... destroy... Konoha?
Somehow (just IMO), I get the feeling that Kishimoto's writing of Sasuke's motivations and decisions is supposed to reflect just how stupid he's been and how much he's warped his ideals and his wishes on his quest for revenge.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1243 on: 25 October, 2009, 12:37:10 pm »

I recommend reading the Pain Invasion arc. It has terrible end, but the rest of it's epic. So much so that it literally has it's own CMOA section, which takes up about half of the entire CMOA page:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/CrowningMoment/Naruto

Somehow (just IMO), I get the feeling that Kishimoto's writing of Sasuke's motivations and decisions is supposed to reflect just how stupid he's been and how much he's warped his ideals and his wishes on his quest for revenge.

I was thinking something similar, maybe just how much Madara has managed to manipulate him. Stopping Sasuke from killing Danzo was also a crazy stupid move on the five Kages part. Basically they had an oppurtunity to let a manipulative bastard and a dangerous missing nin fight eachother to the death, but instead they protected him.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1244 on: 25 October, 2009, 12:38:22 pm »

Who is Sasuke supposed to be getting revenge on now, though? All I can remember is Madara saying something about him being filled with hate.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 131   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: