Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 12:13:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Yes! I finally got FATE working on my computer again!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yes! I finally got FATE working on my computer again!!  (Read 59 times)
Fooby
« on: 27 February, 2008, 04:53:02 pm »

It wouldn't work on my new computer, so I had to contact customer support. It took me five days (at one, two if I was lucky, messages a day) and 3 people, but it finally works!

Here's a log of my venture, just 'cause I feel like it:
Read from the bottom up.

Customer (Jake) 02/26/2008 03:20 PM 
Everything seems to be working. Yay.
I plan on installing the media upgrade and bonus packs tonight. Hopefully that doesn't screw everything up, but if it does I'll contact you guys.

Response (Joe) 02/26/2008 11:22 AM 
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the DXDiag. According to this diagnostic file, your computer utilizes a nVidia GeForce 8500 GT video card (hardware) to produce graphics. Please note that video card manufacturers release software called "drivers" fairly regularly, which make their video cards compatible with the newer graphic-intensive software and 3D effects. Sometimes new drivers are released as often as once per month.

To ensure that your computer runs and displays games properly, we need to make sure you have the latest drivers for your specific video card. According to your DXDiag, the drivers for your specific video card were last updated on 8/27/2007.

I checked the nVidia website (the manufacturer of your video card), and found that newer drivers are available for your card, from 12/20/2007. Please download, and then install, your new video drivers from the link below:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_169.25_whql.html

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you,

Joe
Customer Support
WildTangent Inc.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< WWW.WILDGAMES.COM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Customer (Jake) 02/25/2008 05:51 PM
Here ya' go.

Response (Nick) 02/25/2008 03:58 PM 
Jake,

I need more information about your computer to troubleshoot this issue further. To gather that information, we use a tool called the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Please follow the instructions below:

1) On your keyboard, press and hold the Windows key (which looks like the Microsoft logo) and then press the R key.
2) Type "DxDiag" into the prompt.
3) This will launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Your screen may go blank or black for a few seconds, which is normal.
4) When the tool is finished, click on Save All Information, and save the DxDiag.txt file it wants to create on your Desktop.
5) Send us the DxDiag.txt by attaching it to your reply to this email.

Thank you,

Nick
Customer Support
WildTangent Inc.

Customer (Jake) 02/24/2008 02:26 PM 
The code worked, and the game is unlocked.
But...
I made a new file, saved and quit. Then I closed the game.
I re-opened it, but when I tried to re-open my file it froze and closed.

Response (Nick) 02/24/2008 12:09 PM 

Jake,

Sorry for the confusion, but it looks like your code was simply overused. I have increased the number of uses allowed for your unlock code. Please try unlocking your game one more time.

If you have trouble unlocking, please enter the unlock code and click the Submit button, then let the game sit for several seconds while it unlocks. Do not do anything else during this time. If the game still doesn’t unlock or gives you an error message, do not try unlocking the game again; instead, please write down exactly what happens and reply to this message with that information. By trying to unlock just once more, you'll give us the information we need to fix your problem.

Thank you,

Nick
Customer Support
WildTangent Inc.

Customer (Jake) 02/23/2008 09:55 AM 
I ran the Remover, and then tried reinstalling the game, but it still asked me for an unlock code, and when I gave my code it said it was invalid.

I really don't want to, but would the problem be solved if I removed everything and then just repurchased the game?

Response (Jared) 02/23/2008 09:01 AM 
Jake,

I have reattached the file to this email. You should see a program called "WTRemover.exe"

Thank you,

Jared
Customer Support
WildTangent Inc.

Customer (Jake) 02/22/2008 02:53 PM 
I can't find the link to the uberuninstaller.
I couldn't find a link under my question, where exactly am I supposed to look?

Response (Jared) 02/22/2008 11:46 AM 
Jake,

Was this copy of Fate purchased via a retail location? It sounds like there is an existing version of FATE already installed on your computer, which is confusing the retail installer. This can be resolved by completely removing the copy of FATE already on your computer. To do so, I’ve attached a tool called the Uber Uninstaller. To download it, follow these steps:

1) Open http://support.wildgames.com
2) In the Submit an Issue menu on the lower right corner of the page, click on "Check my Issue status."
3) If you receive a message indicating the Login ID you provided is invalid, please double check that the email address you are using is the same one you have used to send us a request in the past.
4) Click on the "My Stuff" tab if you aren't on that page already, and then open the Questions section. Open the Question with the same number as this Incident that you're reading right now.

At the bottom of that question, you'll see a link for UberUninstallSetup-wt.exe. Click on that, choose to Save it, and put that file on your desktop.

Once it has downloaded, simply launch the program. You can remove all the programs if you wish, but the only one you need to remove is “FATE”. Make sure this is checked in the list that appears, and then follow the program's instructions to complete the uninstall process. Once this finishes, please try installing the game from the CD again. This time it should not ask for an unlock code.

Thank you,

Jared
Customer Support
WildTangent Inc.

Customer (Jake) 02/21/2008 03:32 PM 
I used the unlock code (and the CD I received when I purchased the game) to try and unlock the game on my new computer. It was unlocked, and I played the game once. When I tried to load it again, it was re-locked, and I was only able to play the demo version, though my file from the unlocked version was still there.
I want to know why my "code is invalid," and why the game unlocked and re-locked itself. It may be that I used the code too many times trying to get it fixed, and if it is, am I going to have to purchase the game again?

Anyone even heard of this game? >______>
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: