Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:46:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Rief's Story

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rief's Story  (Read 1982 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 03 April, 2008, 02:26:49 am »

Chapter 4

Rief woke up in a darkened room, he was heavily bandaged above the waist and was lying in a stuffy bed. Rief looked under the blankets to see that he was wearing bland white and grey clothes that were unfamiliar to him. He looked around the room to find his equipment was nowhere to be found.

“Ugh. If I ever get out of this, Jack is so dead.”

Rief tried to get out of the bed only to find that he wasn’t full healed quite yet. Making close friends with the floor, Rief looked around the dim room until he spotted the only door in the room opening. Rief quickly rolled under the bed as Thaum walked in.

“Get out from under there boy. The floor isn’t a good place to rest up and it certainly doesn’t help that I haven’t gotten around to sweeping under there in decades.” Thaum barked.

Rief rolled out from under the bed covered in a thick layer of dust. Getting up painfully, Rief hauled himself onto the bed in a sitting position, facing his captor.

“Well congratulations, despite the turret’s best effort, you’re still alive, and it took a lot of work on my part to keep you that way.” Thaum went on.

“Why didn’t you let me die?” Rief asked.

“Because I never intended to kill you you idiot.” Thaum replied sharply.

“What about that whole ‘We’ve decided something should be done about you’ crap?”

“We wanted you out of the way, not dead. Besides, you’re not allowed to die yet, I still require your services.”

Rief stared at Cigruta blankly.

“As I said earlier, a thief willing to steal from magicians is very rare. Not a lot of mortals are willing to take on an opponent armed with the supernatural. Someone with your courage could be very useful if utilized properly.” Thaum went on.

“What exactly are you trying to say?” Rief asked.

“I’m offering you a job Rief. If a lowly thief who can steal from a magician is worth fearing, just think of what a thief with the help of a magician can accomplish.”

Rief looked at Thaum calmly, “You can’t be serious. What could you possibly need my help with?”

“That is to be revealed at a later date. As for now, get some rest and recover from those bullet wounds of yours.”

“Bullets?”

“Yes, bullets, those are what you got hit with the other day, it’s a small miracle that you’re still alive by the way, I’d just like to reiterate that. Anyway, I’m not surprised that you haven’t heard of them, those turrets were a gift from a friend of mine. Now then, if that’s everything for now, rest up. Advanced training starts tomorrow.” Thaum mentally turned off the lights and exited through the door. Rief didn’t have to try the handle to know that it was locked.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: