Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 04:39:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Rief's Story

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rief's Story  (Read 2086 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #15 on: 16 April, 2009, 09:30:04 am »

Chapter 7:

Rief awoke in the familiar bedding, with fresh bandages wrapped around his body. Rief checked his wounds only to see that they were for the most part healed. Rief looked around and was pleasantly surprised to see his equipment in the corner.

Rief briefly considered taking the equipment and running, but he assumed the turret system would still be operational. Plus a small part of him did feel like he should at least listen to Thaum’s request. The poor guy must be pretty desperate if such a powerful magician had to call on the assistance of a simple thief. An even smaller part of him was even starting to grow on the old man.

Gathering his equipment from the corner of the room, Rief set out to find Cigruta. Passing through the halls of the fortress, Rief decided to look for Thaum where they had first met. Entering the fortress’ treasure hoard, Rief found Thaum rummaging through the countless chests within the room.

“Good to see you’re awake,” Thaum said without looking up, “I see your wounds have healed nicely, which is a good thing to because it looks like I have a mission for you.”

“Really? I don’t have to fight any fire-demons this time do I?”

“Not that I know of. There’s always a chance of running into them though isn’t there?” Thaum said while still rummaging.

“So what’s the job?” Rief asked.

“About two hundred years ago, a noble stole a crystal from me. Obviously he didn’t realize the importance of it, but he stole it nonetheless. I’ve heard rumors the noble passed it on to his son when he died and that the crystal still remains with the family to this day.” Thaum half-smiled, “Apparently they see it as some sort of show of superiority. I should have gotten the crystal back long ago, but now it’ll serve as an excellent test for you.” Thaum finished rummaging through his chest and pulled out a large white staff that was several times longer than the chest that held it.

“Alright, so where am I heading?” Rief asked.

“We are heading to Gemini!” Thaum said with a grin covering his face.

“You’re coming with me?”

“Well of course. It only makes sense that your performance should be graded. Plus you might need my help. After that show against two measly Elementals, I don’t doubt that I would be a great help to you.”

Rief thought about that for a moment, “Fair enough. So whose the target?”

“The ‘target’ as you so affectionately call him is Mr. Sterling.”

“Mayor Starling!? We’re knocking over the leader of Gemini City?”

“Yes, and I hate to rush this, but we do need to be somewhat quick about this, we don’t have a lot of time and we really do need that crystal.”

“Alright,” Rief said, removing his bandages. “I’m ready when you are.”

“Good.” Said Thaum while thumbing his staff, “Because the room left five seconds ago.” Thaum walked over to the treasure room door and opened it, revealing the bustling sights and sounds of Gemini.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: