Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 05:02:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

YES! *falls over*

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YES! *falls over*  (Read 464 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #30 on: 20 May, 2008, 10:09:05 pm »

Indeed. You should check out me and Upgraded's profile comments.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Masterman
« Reply #31 on: 20 May, 2008, 10:13:49 pm »

Raining Blood or whatever it's called still pisses me off.

Battle of the Bands for Wii looks terrible.
Report Spam   Logged
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #32 on: 20 May, 2008, 10:15:50 pm »

If you hit moar notes, it **** you off nearly as much.

Hitting moar notes is a proven strategy that works.
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #33 on: 20 May, 2008, 10:22:14 pm »

If you hit moar notes, it **** you off nearly as much.

Hitting moar notes is a proven strategy that works.

ha. funny. I threw it away.
Report Spam   Logged
White Glint
Heavens Reaper
Internet Addict

Heavens_Reaper

« Reply #34 on: 20 May, 2008, 11:37:52 pm »

Good job Judge. I still have yet to do that.
Report Spam   Logged

Gametag: Bakto Cannon
Ansem120
Straight from the Tippy-Tippys
Sacred Warrior

« Reply #35 on: 20 May, 2008, 11:47:01 pm »

Good job Judge, I know full well how cool it is when you finally get something you have been working on done in GH. Oh, and if you have any questions on how to beat it on Expert, I am all ears.
Report Spam   Logged
Fooby
« Reply #36 on: 21 May, 2008, 01:01:04 am »

Good job Judge, I know full well how cool it is when you finally get something you have been working on done in GH. Oh, and if you have any questions on how to beat it on Expert, I am all ears.
Can I take you up on that offer?

I'm up to 7 times beating it, but I still can't do it consistantly. =\
My success at this point hinges on hitting 2 of the 3 SPs after the start of Herman's solo, or else I'm screwed.

A good place to start would be Sam's.
Report Spam   Logged
Ansem120
Sacred Warrior

« Reply #37 on: 21 May, 2008, 02:52:01 pm »

My success at this point hinges on hitting 2 of the 3 SPs after the start of Herman's solo, or else I'm screwed.

If all you need is 2 of them, Then I suggest finding out where exactly in the song the SPs that you need are, and even go as far as to stop playing the last couple of notes before the SPs so you can make sure you get them. (Granted you have the health to do that.) I hope that helped somewhat and if you can, I would like to know your progress.
Report Spam   Logged
Fooby
« Reply #38 on: 21 May, 2008, 04:57:39 pm »

If all you need is 2 of them, Then I suggest finding out where exactly in the song the SPs that you need are, and even go as far as to stop playing the last couple of notes before the SPs so you can make sure you get them. (Granted you have the health to do that.) I hope that helped somewhat and if you can, I would like to know your progress.
I know exactly where the three SPs are.

I gather a full meter (like, start saving by Synth Death), and use a full meter right before the Pac-man noise ends. It should get me through the hard part of Herman's solo and run out right before the second half, which transitions me into the first SP phrase.

The second one is in the second half of Herman's solo II, but it has the funky trill at the end I still need to work on. I can that trill about 80% of the time, but it doesn't matter because I end up missing the simple notes before it >_>

Provided I nabbed those two and have enough health, I can squeeze through the first half of What The!? without dropping too much, and through the second half without dropping at all (that isn't saying I'm gaining health though).

The Twin solo is where I can grab the third SP before that massive One's Fast Solo A-esque trill, which is on average what sends me to my grave (That or everything preceding it). I'm fine if I've grabbed any two of the three Star Powers and used them at any point. I can hit enough notes to push me into green. But that's only if I've managed to grab them. They're pretty tricky.

But I'll work on it. I've rarely gotten use out of the practice mode. I've tried many many times and it only helped three. I learned that one trill with all the B's and O's in One, the ending of Thickest Chords Ever in Impulse, and CoFwRaR's Solo I. And the TTFAF intro, but that goes without saying >_>
Would it work better to take my trouble sections into training, or just endless repeating on Wifi matches? 'cause I play that song enough to >_> I'm thinking training though, 'cause I play this song (only) on Hyperspeed 4.
Report Spam   Logged
Ansem120
Sacred Warrior

« Reply #39 on: 21 May, 2008, 05:38:46 pm »

I know exactly where the three SPs are.

I gather a full meter (like, start saving by Synth Death), and use a full meter right before the Pac-man noise ends. It should get me through the hard part of Herman's solo and run out right before the second half, which transitions me into the first SP phrase.

The second one is in the second half of Herman's solo II, but it has the funky trill at the end I still need to work on. I can that trill about 80% of the time, but it doesn't matter because I end up missing the simple notes before it >_>

Provided I nabbed those two and have enough health, I can squeeze through the first half of What The!? without dropping too much, and through the second half without dropping at all (that isn't saying I'm gaining health though).

The Twin solo is where I can grab the third SP before that massive One's Fast Solo A-esque trill, which is on average what sends me to my grave (That or everything preceding it). I'm fine if I've grabbed any two of the three Star Powers and used them at any point. I can hit enough notes to push me into green. But that's only if I've managed to grab them. They're pretty tricky.

But I'll work on it. I've rarely gotten use out of the practice mode. I've tried many many times and it only helped three. I learned that one trill with all the B's and O's in One, the ending of Thickest Chords Ever in Impulse, and CoFwRaR's Solo I. And the TTFAF intro, but that goes without saying >_>
Would it work better to take my trouble sections into training, or just endless repeating on Wifi matches? 'cause I play that song enough to >_> I'm thinking training though, 'cause I play this song (only) on Hyperspeed 4.

OK, First off, Training is the best way to do it. Almost everything is remedied that way.

Now, It seems like your problem with the second SP is as simple as just slowing it down in Practice and getting the pattern down. I had the same problem when I was trying to beat it for the first time and all I did was practice it on Slow for about 10 minutes and it clicked instantly.

And one more thing, You probably know this by now but if you do manage to get the SPs, don't hesitate for a second to deploy it. If you deploy it during the 1st Twin Solo tapping part the SP will last until at least the beginning of the 2nd one. and you are not only guaranteed to pass the solo, but you will probably be in the green for So Far Away III.
Report Spam   Logged
Fooby
« Reply #40 on: 21 May, 2008, 05:45:56 pm »

That's with the Red Snake right?

It would help if I'm in the red. But I just flail on the Red during that anywayz.

Then after that I'm good. I've got the rest of the song down. I even learned to tap You Rock!
But I miss that about 10% of the time .-.

Also: You're going for Top Ten on scorehero!? O_O
Report Spam   Logged
Ansem120
Sacred Warrior

« Reply #41 on: 21 May, 2008, 06:04:10 pm »

Yes.

Yeah, I am nowhere near the Top 10 right now. but that's because I have updated my scores in a long time. And I am getting serious with GH3 again so it might happen soon.

And here are my scores btw:
http://www.scorehero.com/manage_scores.php?group=4&game=6&diff=4

Again, Keep in mind that I need to update that badly. But that could be as soon as tonight depending on how many songs I can get done.
Report Spam   Logged
Fooby
« Reply #42 on: 22 May, 2008, 07:06:22 pm »

Yes.

Yeah, I am nowhere near the Top 10 right now. but that's because I have updated my scores in a long time. And I am getting serious with GH3 again so it might happen soon.

And here are my scores btw:
http://www.scorehero.com/manage_scores.php?group=4&game=6&diff=4

Again, Keep in mind that I need to update that badly. But that could be as soon as tonight depending on how many songs I can get done.
Wrong link.
You gave the link that anyone'd use to edit their own scores, not to view yours =\
I noticed 'cause the whole thing was blank when I clicked. Try going Browse scores and then search yourself. The get the link that way.

Mine suck <_<
http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=141887&group=4&game=8&diff=4
Most of the songs I haven't played since I (barely) 5-starred them, so I have a lot of updating to do as well.

UPDATE ON TTFAF:
I missed two of the three SPs I used to need.
Yes, used to. I managed to hit enough notes total to barely keep me in the yellow  Grin And then I proceeded to pass it.
Of course, my score sucked. Like, 340k >_>
My record's a 4-star, 412k. I guess now I just need to work on comboing the individual sections. I think I want to put some work into Blackest Waves right now.
Report Spam   Logged
Ansem120
Sacred Warrior

« Reply #43 on: 22 May, 2008, 07:11:30 pm »

Sorry, Here are my scores.

http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=124851&group=4&game=6&diff=4
Report Spam   Logged
Ansem120
Sacred Warrior

« Reply #44 on: 22 May, 2008, 07:14:38 pm »

And good job being able to get past TTFAF like that. What section did you improve on?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: