Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:33:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull  (Read 1158 times)
Ahriman
« Reply #75 on: 07 June, 2008, 09:44:39 pm »

the only thing that really bothered me was the spaceship at the end. other than that i thought it was a fantastic movie.

You weren't bothered by a fridge surviving a nuclear explosion?

Or Indy surviving falling down three massive waterfalls with his hat on?

Or the totally random people that popped out of nowhere and attacked in the graveyard and temple?

the fridge aside, thats all classic indy. you allow a certain suspension of belief, but i draw the line with giant space ships sucking up soviets. i'm pretty sure Lucas put that in there just to use cgi.

In Temple of Doom maybe, but the other two were reasonably sensible. <_<

the might of god killing every nazi? the cup of christ granting healing to any wound? no suspension of belief?

Now those are completely different and only relate to the artifacts, which are supposed to be supernatural or whatever. Unless that fridge was supernatural, it wouldn't have survived a nuke, lead-lined or not. And you wouldn't survive falling down one waterfall, let alone three.
Report Spam   Logged
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

Don't follow me...

« Reply #76 on: 07 June, 2008, 09:46:19 pm »

the only thing that really bothered me was the spaceship at the end. other than that i thought it was a fantastic movie.

You weren't bothered by a fridge surviving a nuclear explosion?

Or Indy surviving falling down three massive waterfalls with his hat on?

Or the totally random people that popped out of nowhere and attacked in the graveyard and temple?

the fridge aside, thats all classic indy. you allow a certain suspension of belief, but i draw the line with giant space ships sucking up soviets. i'm pretty sure Lucas put that in there just to use cgi.

In Temple of Doom maybe, but the other two were reasonably sensible. <_<

the might of god killing every nazi? the cup of christ granting healing to any wound? no suspension of belief?

Now those are completely different and only relate to the artifacts, which are supposed to be supernatural or whatever. Unless that fridge was supernatural, it wouldn't have survived a nuke, lead-lined or not. And you wouldn't survive falling down one waterfall, let alone three.

alright i'll give you the fridge and the last 2 waterfalls. those were a bit out there... O_o
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
Ahriman
« Reply #77 on: 07 June, 2008, 09:58:59 pm »

And there were several more examples of stupid things happening, the things I mentioned and the aliens and such were just the most obvious ones.
Report Spam   Logged
mikey
mikeyelvis92
Flame Spirit

« Reply #78 on: 08 June, 2008, 01:59:54 am »

regardless of whether or not it could actually work, I thought the fridge thing was pretty cool.
and btw, http://youtube.com/watch?v=ER-CyEBjIxA
angry video game nerd, I agree with most of what he says on the matter.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #79 on: 08 June, 2008, 02:42:22 am »

Pfft, he thought it was better than Temple of Doom. That's just wrong. <_<
Report Spam   Logged
LuigiKong
The Master of the Kongs/LuigiKong
Legendary Member

Mood: Busy

"That's Mama LKong to you!"

« Reply #80 on: 08 June, 2008, 09:38:28 pm »

I loved the fridge part. lol
Report Spam   Logged

Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #81 on: 13 June, 2008, 10:09:55 pm »

Pfft, he thought it was better than Temple of Doom. That's just wrong. <_<

oh hell no. it was alright, but nothing beats having a hot woman have to reach into a tiny hole filled with disgusting insects. not even mummified spaniards.
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #82 on: 13 June, 2008, 10:44:57 pm »

I haven't seen the first three yet, so I can't really touch on the whole "better than Temple of Doom" controversy. But if ignore that point, I think you have to agree, that was a really fair review.
Report Spam   Logged
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #83 on: 14 June, 2008, 12:31:44 am »

I saw this awhile ago, and I must say, I was thouroughly impressed, as a HUGE fan of the first three. In my honest opinion, this was right up there with the other movies. So much was done right..

Better than Temple of Doom? I don't know. I liked that movie a lot more than most people did (and I've seen it millions of times). I guess the other films just have that nostalgia factor for me, which is something this one won't for quite awhile. I'll have to see it again (of course I plan on buying it as soon as it comes out).

for the most part i agree with you, but i did feel that some of it could have been removed/rewritten to better the story. but for the most part i do think it kept up with the others. Indy's age did force everything to slow down, but it did make for some very good jokes. plus the whole sword fight through the jungle was just kick ass.
Report Spam   Logged

Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #84 on: 14 June, 2008, 12:41:05 am »

I saw this awhile ago, and I must say, I was thouroughly impressed, as a HUGE fan of the first three. In my honest opinion, this was right up there with the other movies. So much was done right..

Better than Temple of Doom? I don't know. I liked that movie a lot more than most people did (and I've seen it millions of times). I guess the other films just have that nostalgia factor for me, which is something this one won't for quite awhile. I'll have to see it again (of course I plan on buying it as soon as it comes out).

for the most part i agree with you, but i did feel that some of it could have been removed/rewritten to better the story. but for the most part i do think it kept up with the others. Indy's age did force everything to slow down, but it did make for some very good jokes. plus the whole sword fight through the jungle was just kick ass.

Best part of the whole movie. And yeah, I agree with you as well. Overall though, very good. I went in with really high expectations and I was totally satisfied.

i think the moment i knew they had done Indy proud was when he picked up his hat after the giant ants had gone away. i swear a shiver went up my spine at seeing that. i was like "yes! here we go! full on Indiana Jones!"
Report Spam   Logged

mikey
mikeyelvis92
Flame Spirit

« Reply #85 on: 14 June, 2008, 11:52:53 pm »

i just saw temple of doom, and crystal skull was definately way better. I didn't understand half of the plot and the jokes were just stupid. And you're trying to tell me that a flying suacer is less belivible than a giant swirling fire pit?
Report Spam   Logged
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #86 on: 15 June, 2008, 05:02:58 pm »

just saw it again last night. a lot better this time around, though i did come up with a better ending (yes, i have been obsessing over this)

hear me out: spoilers (sort of):

when the russian chick starts getting the info from the skeletons (not the alien yet) she goes through this whole "i want to learn more! MORE!" thing. during this, Indy and friends get the **** out of there. The Russian lady starts to shake and her skin begins to peel back and her skeleton starts to turn to crystal. same thing happens with the other russians as they all wind up falling apart and shattering. The main villainies is still standing but is now a crystal skeleton. during all of this the temple is falling apart and the scene cuts away to the Indy/Mac scene except its more like The Mummy in that the door closes and traps Mac in there. anyway, the russian lady and the alien skeletons are last seen as the building crumbles around them. Indy and the rest make it out like in the movie. They make it to the top of the ridge and watch as the valley 'splits open' under the force of a giant earthquake. The end result is that the land itself rips itself apart. The pyramid in the middle falls into the earth just as the walls of the valley break and the movie continues as it did.

end 'spoilers' Undecided

anyway, thats just how i think it might have been a little better. though i do think they did a good job with what they did.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #87 on: 15 June, 2008, 05:23:16 pm »

Temple of Doom IMO is the most underrated Indiana Jones movie. It's my favorite one. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: