Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 02:33:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Green Antagonist

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Green Antagonist  (Read 4235 times)
Masterman
« Reply #45 on: 19 June, 2010, 01:28:09 am »

7: Part 1
Broken Blades

Mount Olympus

As Cole and Captain Falcon made their way to the peak of Mount Olympus, the two grew very concerned. The people from Olympus would surely rat them out, and the danger that would come from that would surely cost them more precious time. They wanted the herb, and they wanted to leave immediately.

The mountain seemed to go on forever, even with Falcon's speed and drifting skills. A couple of close calls on the edges caused Cole to spout some profanity, leading to some much-needed laughter.

Falcon: Damn, how tall is this mountain!!?? How do those people climb this thing to worship their gods? EVERYDAY?!

Cole: They're obviously not human.

Falcon: Or just plain devoted. Man, if everybody in America was like them then geez, who knows how much better shape we'd be in.

Cole: Uhm...that was a low-blow, Douglas.

Falcon: I don't care.

As Falcon said this, he looked at his Boost Power gauge. It was almost empty. His eyes widened and he gulped, hoping Cole wouldn't see or else he'd have to hear Cole's endless complaining.

Falcon: Man, these curves are crucial.

Cole: I wish you'd slow down, but at the same time speed up. Heh, I swear you're gonna mess up and kill us both.

Falcon: Wow, cynical Cole. Never thought I'd see the day.

Cole: Is that sarcasm?

Falcon: You decide.

After muttering these words, the duo finally see the peak of the mountain.

Mount Olympus

Falcon grinned up something serious, and Cole slapped his hand on his face. They were finally here. They could save Snake.

Falcon parked his vehicle near in a safe area towards the side of the mountain, and the two trekked to the top. Falcon stretched his legs and yawned. Both of his legs caught a cramp, and he needed the stretch.

Cole: Let's hurry and find this thing so we can get the hell out of here.

Falcon: I agree. I swear, if the clouds in the sky start to turn ominous, we know we're in some serious ****.

Cole: Yeah. Plus, there's not much oxygen up here, so if we have to fight it's gonna be rough. My powers are extremely limited up here.

Falcon: Yeah, me too. My fire won't be able to come out like I want. So what does it look like again?

Cole: They're purple, and I think these are it.

Cole stood over a multitude of the plants. They were everywhere. Purple, yellow, green, and red plants, in a garden-esque pattern across the west side of the mountain. Cole crouched and began to pick the purple herbs.

Cole: How much do we need?

Falcon: I dunno. Just pick a bunch so we don't have to come back.

Falcon grabbed a huge amount and held it in his arms, waiting on Cole to pick his. As Cole finished up, he noticed something on the surface from which he picked the herbs. It was a small rock, infused with electrical energy. Cole picked it up with two fingers and took it with him to the Blue Falcon.

The two dumped their load in the back of the Blue Falcon and they both got in, ready to head back to town. Cole examined the rock carefully, toying with it and rolling it around in his hands.

Falcon started up the Blue Falcon.

Falcon: Whatcha got there?

Cole: I dunno. It's like a magical rock or something. It has some electricity stored in it. I wonder if I can use it somehow...

Falcon: Hm...

Falcon revved up the Blue Falcon and the duo returned down the giant mountain.

Cole: Think those people have left?

Falcon: I hope so. If they haven't we gotta find some kind of shortcut.

Cole: JUST RUN THEM OVER.

Falcon: No, Cole.

Cole: Why not?! Falcon, it makes perfect sense! They have no soul!

Falcon: No, Cole.

Cole: Agh, you're such a...lawful man. You have no edge.

Falcon: No edge huh?

Cole: None.

Falcon: Hmm...that's fine.

Cole: You're no fun.

Falcon: *chuckles*

The duo chatted all the way back down the mountain. Little did they know, however, a certain man seeking revenge was awaiting their return...

Olympus

The duo made it back to the town, but the people were gone. That wasn't the kicker however, what they found was much worse. Men, slaughtered. Women, murdered. Children, dead.
Blood littered the roads. Weak flames were scattered here and there. Severed heads were lying all over the place. It was horrible.

Falcon slowed down a bit and was appalled by what he was seeing. He was speechless and so was Cole. The only thing Falcon could do was drive past it all.

Falcon glanced to the right and saw a man crawling, vomiting blood and some other substance. Falcon watched as the man cried in agony, but there was nothing he could do. Falcon wanted to use the last of his boost to get away from it, but at the same time he wanted to know what happened.

Cole: Holy....****....

Falcon: This is.....my god...

Women crawled towards the machine, only to die shortly after due to their wounds. As Falcon looked up from the devastation, he glanced ahead and caught a glimpse of a faint figure in the distance. A small, bald man from what he could gather. As he drew closer, the man grew more recognizable and when he drew his blades, Falcon knew exactly who it was. The blades were grasped firmly in his hands, and the chains were painted in blood. His eyes glared at the Blue Falcon, and his cold expression sent chills down Falcon's spine. Cole seemed unfazed by the man's gaze, however.

Falcon: No...

Cole: Who is that? Why are you slowing down?

Falcon: I know him...I fought alongside him...

Cole: Okay, so why is he blocking our way?

Falcon: I think he knows what we have done...

Cole: Uhh...what did we do?

Falcon: We mocked him. His people. We mocked the gods.

Cole: Not our problem. That's THEM being oversensitive. We're trying to save our friend!

As Cole muttered this, the man began to charge toward the Blue Falcon, dragging his blades on the ground. Falcon immediately hopped out of the Blue Falcon, with Cole on the other side.

Falcon: KRATOS! STOP!! It's me! Douglas J. Falcon!

The man ignored him, and began to run even faster. His gruff breaths and angry grunts told Falcon that he was not going to let up. Cole's arms cackled with electricity, ready to bake Kratos.

Falcon: KRATOS!! PLEASE, IT'S ME!

The man slowed down a bit, but this time, as he neared Falcon he swung his blades horizontally intent on slicing Falcon.

Falcon ducked and rammed his shoulder into Kratos' torso. The two engaged in an epic push-off, filled with nothing but testosterone.   

Falcon: Kratos, what's wrong with you?

Kratos: The question is, what's with YOU, Falcon? Or should I say, Hephaestus?

Falcon's eyes grew wide. He pushed off of Kratos and rolled to the right. He got into fighting stance.

Kratos took a step back.

Kratos: Hephaestus and Zeus...ha, you took my men as fools.

Cole: They fell for it pretty easily.

Kratos: I assume you're the Zeus imposter? Ha, you're not physically built to look the part. With your stature, you'd barely pass as the God of Pansies.

Cole: Could've fooled me. You're so-called MEN were shitting themselves at the sight of me. If I didn't know any better, this says a LOT about you.

Kratos: Hades will have a visitor tonight.

Cole: Ha, that's hilarious.

Cole scowled and ran at Kratos, throwing blasts of lighting at him.

Kratos repelled every blast and rammed Cole as he drew close. Cole recovered immediately after the ram, and zapped Kratos' leg.

Kratos stood and sent one of his blades after Cole, who promptly dodged and grabbed the chain. Kratos pulled back with all of his might, reeling in Cole. As Cole lie below him, Kratos raised his foot to stomp on an anticipating Cole. Kratos was about to deliver the massive blow, until Falcon rammed into him knocking him backward.

Falcon: Kratos! We don't want to fight! We HAVE to get back to the hospital!

Kratos stood and glared at Falcon.

Kratos: You have disgraced my people! You'll pay in blood!

Falcon: Kratos, PLEASE-

Kratos: -ENOUGH.

Kratos twirled his blades in front of him and charged at Falcon, who jumped out of the way.

Cole stood up and attempted to zap Kratos again. Kratos repelled the blow with the Golden Fleece and sent it back to Cole. Cole didn't expect it, and took his own blast straight to the chest. Cole got knocked off of his feet and landed on top of the Blue Falcon. Falcon glanced over and his mouth dropped as he pointed at Cole.

Falcon: MY PAINT JOB.

As Falcon muttered this, Kratos scored a cheap shot on Falcon, knocking him into a nearby building. Kratos didn't let up. He charged into the hole Falcon made and knocked him through the rest of the building. The building collapsed behind Kratos and debris covered the area.

Falcon hesitated as he stood, and took a blade to the chest. Kratos swung his blades like a madman as Falcon managed his way through them.

Cole stood finally, and rubbed his head.

Cole: Where did they go?

Cole noticed the destruction nearby.

Cole: Oh.

Cole stood and ran toward the battle.

Falcon struggled to evade the rapid blades, and just when he thought he found an opening, Kratos summoned Chronos' Rage to put Falcon in his place. The electricity knocked Falcon backwards and into another building.

Falcon looked at the blood on his shirt. He glared at Kratos, who was walking toward him, dragging his blades.

Falcon staggered as he stood. He tightened his right glove and fixed up his helmet.

Falcon: Alright, Kratos. Since you won't let me past...I'll just force my way through.

A red aura surrounded Falcon as he walked toward Kratos.

The two hastened their pace and eventually the two clashed in a test of might. They locked hands and attempted to best one another in a struggle of pure strength. Kratos being a demi-god did not help tip the scales in favor of Falcon, but he held his own. Kratos eventually overpowered Falcon, and kicked him to the ground. Kratos pulled out the Barbarian Hammer and attempted to smash Falcon.

Falcon dodged and gave Kratos a mean right hook, making him stagger. Falcon followed up with an uppercut, sending Kratos hurtling into the air. Cole appeared and called forth lightning which collided into an airborne Kratos. Kratos plummeted afterwards, and received a mean Falcon Kick to the skull.

Kratos went flying into a nearby abandoned store, leaving skid marks in his wake. Kratos had smoke coming from him and his body was black from the blast. Falcon and Cole stood there, looking in his direction making sure he wasn't getting up.

Falcon: Let's go while he's down, Cole.

Cole: Yeah. I wanted to kick his ass some more, but let's go.

The two ran toward the Blue Falcon and hopped in immediately. Just as they did, Kratos threw off a giant boulder that had landed on him. They weren't getting away. Kratos ran toward the Blue Falcon, which was ready for takeoff. He thrusted blade as far as he could and it barely missed the machine. Falcon activated the last of his boost power and speeded away into the distance, leaving an angry Kratos even angrier.

Kratos thrusted his arms upward and shook his fists at the sky.

Kratos: Rrrrr...rrrr....COWARDS!!!!!!

Kratos went down to his knees and punched the ground. His fury consuming his mind.

Kratos: Grrrr...GRRRRRR....

He breathed uncontrollably and punched everything in sight. As he did so, a familiar bird landed on a nearby building. It became Athena.

Athena: Kratos....

KratosL THOSE COWARDS! They attacked and ran. When I see them, I'm going to slaughter them.

Athena: Kratos...I've received word from Zeus.

Kratos: ZEUS!?

Athena: Yes. Apparently, he doesn't like being mocked either. He said he'd like to...negotiate with you.

Kratos: Forget it. I'll never forgive Zeus. If I see him, I'll kill him.

Athena: Well, what about Hercules?

Kratos: ...What is his reason?

Athena: Hercules wishes to fight alongside you. To defeat the two who mocked the Gods.

Kratos: I don't need his help.

Athena: Kratos, from what I've seen, they have allies. You need all the help you can get.

Athena jumped from the building and landed in front of Kratos.

Athena: That's why I made these for you.

Athena took off Kratos' blades and replaced them with the Blades of Exile. The Blades of Exile were a powerful weapon, much better than the Blades of Athena which had grown worn and old. The Blades of Exile gave Kratos newfound power, and Kratos felt it surging within him. The blades felt...right, he thought.

Kratos: ...These blades....will aid me in defeating those clowns?

Athena: Yes.

Kratos: I didn't need them in the first place, but I'll take them.

Athena: You have no choice.

Kratos: ...

Athena transformed back into a bird and soared high above.

Athena: I'll contact Hercules immediately.

She flew off into the distance, leaving Kratos to examine his new blades.

Kratos: I hope you know...I will kill Hercules as well, if he says one word to me. My vengeance...won't go unrequited. Believe that, Douglas.

Kratos looked off into the distance, his rage settled in the back of his mind.

Inside the Veilstone Cafe

A lone man was sitting at a table, sipping Mountain Dew and reading the newspaper. Everyone called him..."The God Hand". He was a hyperactive fighter who has mastered many styles and techniques. He's fairly goofy however, but a capable fighter. People have been after him for years, trying their hardest to kill him and take his God Hand. His name was Gene. He took part in the last battle, although he had very little importance. Actually, no one knows why he was there in the first place. His name was Gene.

Gene: Hmm...so there's some weird **** going down at Port Rixstar. Very weird ****. I dunno what the hell's going on lately. Powerful guys coming in and fighting for no reason. It's crazy. The "Amp Hunters"? Who the hell are they? They have the lamest group name I've ever heard.

Gene flipped the page.

Gene: Gah...so many douchebags trying to take my God Hand. **** those guys.

He takes a sip of his Mountain Dew.

Gene: I tell ya what's the tru-

Gene pauses. He looked out of the window and saw two ominous figures walking toward the hospital. Gene recognized them from the description in a video he watched a long time ago. One of them matched the identity of Altair the Assassin perfectly.

Gene: That can't be good...

Gene tossed the newspaper down and chugged the rest of his Mountain Dew. He dashed out of the cafe and followed the two figures as they walked inside the hospital.

The two stood at the front desk and asked the Waddle Dee a question. Gene couldn't quite catch what they asked, but he assumed it wasn't a pleasant question.

Algol: Which room is...Shadow the Hedgehog in?

Front Desk Dee: *pulls out a clipboard and scrolls down it* Shadow...Shadow...Shadow...Shadow...here he is. Shadow the Hedgehog...he's in Room Number 1337.

Algol: 1337? This hospital doesn't have that many rooms!

FDD: Well...that's not my problem, now is it?

Algol gritted his teeth. Tabuu told him not to make a scene, but this Waddle Dee was testing his patience.

Algol: Altair...let's go, before I mutilate that puffball beyond belief.

Altair nodded.

The two walked down the hall and stopped at an elevator. Gene followed.

Algol: Hmm...1337...why does that number seem so odd?

Altair: ...

Algol: Ugh, why do I even bother talking to you?

Altair: *shrugs*

Algol: *chuckles* Well, let's try the 10th floor.

The two got in the elevator. Gene stopped in front of it.

Gene: Damn, I gotta hurry.

Gene hurried up the stairs, running as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog trying to get to the 10th floor before THEY did.

Gene sped up the stairs and burst through the door. The two men kicked open the door labeled "Room 1337" and rushed inside. Altair revealed his hidden blades as Algol levitated inside.

The two looked around and couldn't believe what they saw. There were about 5 men, all in geeky attire, all on laptops. The men were on some type of site called "4chan" and looked at Algol apathetically.

Algol: Uhh...

Altair: ...

Altair put up his blades and walked back out, shaking his head. Algol sat there, astonished.

Algol: ...**** you.

Algol levitated back outside, leaving the men with blank expressions. They looked at each other and then focused on their respective monitors.

Algol: What the hell...we'll never find them. That damn puffball gave us the wrong room. I'm going to kill it.

Altair looked to the right and stared in that direction. He pointed down that way.

Algol was looking in the other direction until he finally noticed Altair pointing. He looked and saw Gene standing there, with a look of determination on his face.

Algol: ...You...you're the God Hand!!! Azel was sent after you.

Gene: Azel?

Algol: Yes, Azel. The man with the Devil Hand. The alternate version of yours.

Gene: Devil Hand....?

Algol: Yes. I'm surprised he hasn't found you yet. No matter. We'll kill you and take you along with us. The reward will be outstanding.

Altair revealed his hidden blades and walked slowly toward Gene.

Gene got into his fighting stance, swaying about like a drunken fighter.

Algol laughed at this gesture and levitated towards Gene.

Gene ran toward the two at unbelievable speed. Altair was caught off guard, and so was Algol. The two couldn't defend in time before Gene rammed into the both of them, crashing through the hospital wall and back into the city. They were up 10 floors, so it was a long fall. Algol recovered and levitated to the ground, but Altair hit the ground hard, as Gene landed on top of him.

Gene got up and got into his stance again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOWKlbICz0M&feature=related

Gene: Come and get some!

Algol: ...What is that atrocious music?

Gene: A damn good song from my game!

Algol had an extremely confused look on his face. Was this guy a nut or what? Algol just ignored it and charged at Gene.

Gene ran toward Algol and performed a diving headbutt, knocking Algol backward. Algol swung his Soul Edge at Gene, who ducked and sweeped Algol off of his feet. He ran up to Algol and began stomping on him repeatedly. Algol took about 20 stomps until he finally grabbed Gene's foot and threw him down. Algol got up and attempted to impale Gene on the ground with his Soul Edge.

Gene rolled out of the way. As he did so, Altair attempted to stab Gene on the ground. Gene did a ground backflip and stood up. Altair ran toward him, with his blades shining in the sun. Gene pulled his fist back and slowed down time. A magical roulette appeared out of nowhere and Gene selected "Dragon Kick" from it. As time fastforwarded, Gene promptly delivered a MASSIVE kick to Altair's gut. The impact was so great, Altair took a few seconds to feel it. He was sent flying into the cafe. He blasted through it and into the pub right beside it. The pub had just started rebuilding after the Sol incident, and now it was destroyed again.

Altair twitched on the ground, smoke emitting from his body.

Algol looked back and whistled.

Algol: Impres-

As he muttered, he failed to realize that Gene picked another move from the roulette wheel. Gene materialized an energy baseball bat, and reeled back to deliver a home run swing on Algol. The hit connected and Algol was sent in the same direction as Altair. He slammed into Altair, but Algol was quick to recover. He got up immediately and bolted towards Gene.

The two began to pummel each other in a barrage of fists, neither one feeling a thing. Gene began to gain the upper hand on Algol though, but Algol did a quick sweep to get out of it. Gene landed on his back, but rolled out of the way of an incoming axe kick. Algol pursued Gene, who ran down the city, dodging Algol's energy gunshots. The shots created medium sized craters in the streets and civilians ran inside buildings.

Gene turned around and punched Algol square in the nose quickly halting his pursuit, Gene followed up with a chop to the torso. Algol blocked the chop and kneed Gene in the chest. Algol then picked Gene up and slammed him into a nearby building, multiple times before kicking him away.

Gene stood up and ran on a wall. He jumped off and attempted an axe kick from overhead, but Algol parried it and swung his Soul Edge which nicked Gene's arm. Gene grabbed Algol's arm and twisted it, causing Algol to stagger. Gene then led Algol to the right, running him straight into Gene's extended boot. Algol fell to the ground, and Gene began to stomp on him again.

After the 13th stomp, Altair ran up to Gene with a shortsword. He swung it elegantly, but Gene did multiple backflips and kicked Altair in the face with a retaliation flip. Altair stumbled backward and pursued Gene once more. Algol got up and did the same.

Algol swung his Soul Edge at Gene and Altar swung his sword. Gene parried both of them repeatedly in a tight corridor before Algol used the swords in his back to catch Gene off guard. Gene stumbled and Altair kicked him to the ground. Altair revealed his blade once more and attempted to impale Gene, but Gene rolled backward and gave Altair a mean roundhouse to his face. Algol ran up and grabbed Gene, tossing him in the air and shooting him repeatedly.

Gene fell to the ground as Algol cackled. Algol prepared his Soul Edge, but Gene stood quickly. He was becoming fatigued. Altair stood and grabbed Gene from behind, holding him in place to be stabbed by Algol. Gene threw off Altair just in time and dove out of the way. He began to shake uncontrollably. His arm glowed and the gauntlet containing the power of hand exploded, revealing the legendary God Hand. He kicked a downed Altair in the face, sending him flying down the road. He turned to Algol and began to throw a flurry of punches in his direction.

The punches were so rapid, Algol couldn't keep up and he found himself stuck in the vortex of blows. Gene began to pummel Algol ferociously and rapidly before finishing with a mighty uppercut that sent Algol in the air. As Algol plummeted downward, Gene picked from the roulette and selected his infamous move.

He grabbed Algol and made him stand. Algol was dizzy and couldn't defend himself. Gene dropped his guard and simply poked Algol on his chest. A few seconds later, Algol exploded and was sent hurtling into 5 consecutive buildings. Gene let out a manly and triumphant "ERRRRRAAAAAYYYYYYYY" and began to moonwalk back toward Altair. He pulled off numerous Michael Jackson moves and pimpsmacked Altair. He spun around and kicked him in the balls. As Altair reeled in pain, Gene stood over him and performed the most fatal karate chop ever seen. The chop rattled the earth, sending a massive shockwave out and several windows shattered in the distance. Altair sat there paralyzed.

Gene turned away from Altair. He raised his own arm and kissed it, before the gauntlet placed itself back on his arm, to contain the God Hand and let it cool down. A few seconds later, Gene began to walk away from Altair, down the road to investigate Algol. As he did so, Altair's hood ripped in two. Soon after, Altair's head parted ways and his body went limp on the street. Altair was dead. In Gene's mind, Algol was next.

Gene made it to Algol and grabbed him by his collar. He pulled his fist back to kill Algol, but he stopped after he heard a familiar voice call out to him.

??: Stop right there, God Hand.

Gene stopped and dropped Algol, he whirled around and glared at Azel, the Devil Hand. The one who chose to become the Devil.

Gene: Azel...You're name didn't ring a bell at first, but now I know exactly who you are.

Gene got into his stance and beckoned Azel.

Azel: Ha...who DOESN'T know who I am, God Hand? Enough with the formalities. I'll be taking that God Hand.

Gene: This guy said the same thing. *points at Algol* Look what happened to 'em.

Azel: I am ten times stronger and skilled than that fool. You should know this, God Hand. Oh yeah, Olivia told me to tell you hi.

Gene's eyes went wide. That name struck incredible rage in Gene's heart. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. His tone became darker and more serious, very unlike him.

Gene: What have you done with her?

Azel: Oh, nothing out of the ordinary.

Gene's eyes narrowed.

Gene: Where is she?

Azel: Not tellin' ya.

Gene: 'Guess I'll have to beat it out of you.

Azel: Come and try, God Hand.

Gene: ...

The two stood across from each other. Gene glared at Azel with murderous intent, determined to get answers to the questions about his friend, Olivia. If they had done anything to her, Gene would try to kill every last one of them. Azel couldn't help but feel a bit guilty for why Olivia is where she's at right now. It was partially his fault. He really didn't want her to be brought into the conflict, but he had no choice. Tabuu commanded him to. As Azel thought about this, his smile quickly faded into a frown. He stared at Gene, and the two stared each other down.
They were going to fight to the death. The victor...would gain BOTH hands.

And with both hands...comes absolute terror upon those he faces.

TBC
« Last Edit: 19 June, 2010, 09:51:02 am by Masterman » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: