Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 11:16:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

360 vs PS3 vs Wii

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 vs PS3 vs Wii  (Read 1060 times)
Lumines_Nervend
« on: 27 May, 2008, 05:51:30 pm »

A biased review of this gen's consoles (*note, I own none of the three).

The 360 is the strongest of the three at this moment. 

Pros:
-Multi-Console games on par with other systems
-Strong exclusive games
-Great Controller

Cons:
-Xbox Live
-RRoD
-Limited storage
-No native wifi support

PS3
started off shaky but built for the long haul.  we'll see...

Pros:
-Legal modding
-Free Online
-Expandable storage
-WiFi enabled
-Super Computer-like hardware
-Cheapest Blu-Ray Player
-Multi-Console games on par with other systems

Cons:
-expensive
-weak exclusive games
-meager online support
-difficulty in developing games
-Dualshock3/Sixaxis (tired controller design)

Wii
The Wii is the hot item everyone and their mom wants to buy; forsaking gamers for the casual market.

Pros:
-Cheap
-WiFi enabled
-Unique games

Cons:
-Cheap
-Gimmicky Games
-Bad controller (see gimmicky)
-No Ethernet support
-little to no storage options
-convoluted online support
-Multi-Console games below par or non-existent.
-poor use of technology
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1 on: 27 May, 2008, 08:35:10 pm »

Fair enough.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

Don't follow me...

« Reply #2 on: 27 May, 2008, 08:36:39 pm »

the wii does have ethernet.
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #3 on: 27 May, 2008, 08:44:08 pm »

Well, Wii=Nintendo. Nintendo=Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Metroid etc.

See, in all honesty, Nintendo could make a game system that is technologically sub-par to the other systems, but as long as the gameplay is fun (Which, if you note, all of the Wii's best games are its first party games.), the graphics are bearable, and they continue to own the exclusive rights to these great franchises, they'll never go out of business.

This is exactly why Nintendo will always have my loyal support. They make the games I like. I don't really like most of the games that Microsoft and Sony have to offer with their systems. But Nintendo always makes great games that I like.

So I wouldn't say the Wii has forsaken gamers.
It just seems like Nintendo is the only company making games for gamers, and almost all of the third party games are horribly designed casual games, with a couple of exceptions.
Report Spam   Logged
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #4 on: 27 May, 2008, 08:47:06 pm »

See, in all honesty, Nintendo could make a game system that is technologically sub-par to the other systems, but as long as the gameplay is fun (Which, if you note, all of the Wii's best games are its first party games.), the graphics are bearable, and they continue to own the exclusive rights to these great franchises, they'll never go out of business.

This is exactly why Nintendo will always have my loyal support. They make the games I like. I don't really like most of the games that Microsoft and Sony have to offer with their systems. But Nintendo always makes great games that I like.

It just seems like Nintendo is the only company making games for gamers, and almost all of the third party games are horribly designed casual games, with a couple of exceptions.

this. it was put very succinctly.
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #5 on: 27 May, 2008, 08:57:43 pm »

Graphics: PS3 > 360 > Wii

Controller:  PS3(May be a tired design, but it works and it works well) > Wii > 360(Never liked the Microsoft controllers...)

Storage: PS3 > 360 >>>>>>> Wii

Exclusives: 360 > Wii > PS3

Fun Factor: Wii > 360 (Hasn't played PS3 yet so can't judge)

Online: 360(Need pay, but has plenty of online enabled games with great support) > Wii(Free, though some games suck on WiFi *cough*Brawl*cough*) > PS3(Free, but not enough good online enabled games)

Eh, that's my PoV.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #6 on: 27 May, 2008, 08:58:45 pm »

I will always enjoy Nintendo games. I think Nintendo is the best company, followed by Sony, followed by crap, followed by Microsoft.

I really like the 360, probably as much as the Wii. But the thing I respect about Nintendo is that their first-party games are brilliant and amazing. In all honesty, if they're fun, they're fun. I do wish sometimes that the Wii was as powerful as the 360 and the PS3, but it's still an excellent system IMO. If the third-party support was better, then that'd just be great.

Now the DS...That's a completely different story. It's catering to both the casuals and the hardcores both equally, something I think the Wii should do. The DS is sorta like the handheld version of the PS2 (in the sense that it's appealing to casuals and hardcores).

Nintendo just needs to gain more third-party support. I mean, look at the crap we're getting. The Wii seems to be a system for ports and remakes (coughcoughOkamiandResidentEvil4and0coughcough). It's a great system. Just needs more third-party games, and it'll be simply amazing.
« Last Edit: 27 May, 2008, 09:09:35 pm by Tao Master Waka » Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #7 on: 27 May, 2008, 09:04:33 pm »

The fact that ONLY Nintendo are producing these games does not say much in the console's defense. They release a big name title for every 20-30 games in which just about all of them are movie tie-ins, or half hearted spin offs or ports. The fact that they fund **** that doesn't have any appeal once you get over the fact that it's related to the new, hot Pixar movie doesn't exactly mean anything good, either. And as for those few high quality games, when you're as fickle a gamer as I am, you stop thinking about a system with 6-7 high quality games, and go for the system that has about 20.

Anyway, tackling the 360, the limited storage gas been fixed somewhat with the release of the Elite version, though those of us who bought a 360, like, 2 months before it was announced are still left high and dry. Not that I have Xbox LIVE or ever had, I'm wondering why it's a con when many others find it so accessible, glitches or faults in it?

Anyway, I almost completely agree with Loomee, especially on the Wii and PS3.
Report Spam   Logged
Parrothair (Solid Snake)
Legendary Mercenary
Holy Ruler

Showtime

« Reply #8 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:42:47 pm »

Graphics: PS3 has the best, hands down.  Followed by the 360, then Wii.

Controller:  Never liked Xbox, Wii is good sometimes (though I like you can have different set ups on some games).  I like the PS3, always liked the controllers.

Exclusives: Hmmm....  Wii right now, then PS3, then Xbox.  PS3 has some great titles coming out, and I never cared for FPS games which a lot of Xbox games are based on.  PS3 and Wii have some variety.

Fun Factor: Wii.  Great interactive.

Online: I haven't tried the Xbox, so that's not fair here.  But the PS3 had great online when I played the demo for Metal Gear Online, it was incredible.  So PS3, then Wii.

Yeah, I used most of the categories from another person.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #9 on: 27 May, 2008, 11:41:44 pm »

My dream is that Nintendo drops out of the hardware business and becomes a software company.

Think about it, the graphics and control of ether PS3 or Xbox360 combined with the best game series?
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #10 on: 28 May, 2008, 09:36:41 am »

The reason why the nintendo wii is considered "inferior" is because developers quite frankly don't give a **** about it. Which is sad, because the wii is quite capable of making very good games. Look at Nintendo themeselves. They know how to make the wii games good (Obviously since it's their console...), but other developers don't seem to even want to bother to learn.

If the third party developers would just get their asses in gear and start actually TRYING to make good games, the wii would be much more popular than it is ATM.
Report Spam   Logged

Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #11 on: 28 May, 2008, 12:19:14 pm »

The reason why the nintendo wii is considered "inferior" is because developers quite frankly don't give a **** about it. Which is sad, because the wii is quite capable of making very good games. Look at Nintendo themeselves. They know how to make the wii games good (Obviously since it's their console...), but other developers don't seem to even want to bother to learn.

If the third party developers would just get their asses in gear and start actually TRYING to make good games, the wii would be much more popular than it is ATM.

you played Death Jr. for the wii? they got the controls down on that one real good.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #12 on: 28 May, 2008, 03:40:11 pm »

My dream is that Nintendo drops out of the hardware business and becomes a software company.

Think about it, the graphics and control of ether PS3 or Xbox360 combined with the best game series?
Your dream is a nightmare that will thankfully never come true.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #13 on: 28 May, 2008, 03:44:48 pm »

Except for the fact that it is an awesome idea? Never will happen, though.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #14 on: 28 May, 2008, 03:48:18 pm »

Except for the fact that it is an awesome idea? Never will happen, though.
Well, I hate that idea. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: