Ultimate Paradise
17 April, 2024, 11:39:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

360 vs PS3 vs Wii

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 vs PS3 vs Wii  (Read 1063 times)
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #15 on: 28 May, 2008, 04:03:26 pm »

My dream is that Nintendo drops out of the hardware business and becomes a software company.

Think about it, the graphics and control of ether PS3 or Xbox360 combined with the best game series?
Your dream is a nightmare that will thankfully never come true.

Except for the fact that it is an awesome idea? Never will happen, though.
Well, I hate that idea. >_>

I have to agree that this is a horrible idea. Look at what happened to Sega's Sonic games after they became just a software company.

Plus...just the idea of playing a Nintendo game on a non-Nintendo system seems so...so...wrong.

Not to mention, I've played the Gamecube, Wii, Xbox, and PS2.
Out of the four, I think the Wii has the best controls when they're used properly, but  other than that, the Gamecube is the easiest to use controller, followed by the XBox controller, and the PS2 controller in last place.

I love how Nintendo made the buttons on the Gamecube controller. Half the time I try to play PS2 games, I forget which button is which because they all feel the same. The Xbox I seem to have an easier time remembering which button is which though, but it's still harder than the Gamecube. With the Gamecube, I only ever mix up the Y and X buttons.

Also, I don't care about graphics. I actual prefer most of Nintendo's graphics to the uber realistic graphics of other games. They make the games seem...more fun.
For example, I'm actually not a huge fan of Twilight Princess's graphical style. It was too realistic, and kind of took away from the Zelda feel of the enemies.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #16 on: 28 May, 2008, 04:06:52 pm »

^ Nintendo fangurl 4 lyfe.
Report Spam   Logged
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #17 on: 28 May, 2008, 04:42:45 pm »

Yeah, I know I'm biased....but at least I can say I've played the other systems. I like the Xbox...it has some fun games, and I find the controller to actually fit my hand pretty well...far better than the PS2 controller.

If I were to get a second system, it would definitely be a 360.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #18 on: 28 May, 2008, 05:11:13 pm »

If nintendo became software based, I'd probably become a Sony enthusiast especially if Nintendo backed them. <_<
Report Spam   Logged

Lumines_Nervend
« Reply #19 on: 29 May, 2008, 04:29:37 pm »

As a game company, I just don't like Nintendo.  I don't like how they reuse old IPs (intellectual properties) over and over again without any real innovation and any new IPs are almost exclusively targeted to non gamers.

And by no means does Nintendo=fun.  the only fun game I can think of for the Wii by Nintendo is Brawl.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #20 on: 29 May, 2008, 04:35:06 pm »

As a game company, I just don't like Nintendo.  I don't like how they reuse old IPs (intellectual properties) over and over again without any real innovation and any new IPs are almost exclusively targeted to non gamers.

And by no means does Nintendo=fun.  the only fun game I can think of for the Wii by Nintendo is Brawl.
I thought you didn't like Brawl. Or I guess that shows how much you dislike the Wii's games. >_>

Yeah, if Nintendo became a software company, I'd support Sony. Hell, I already do. I thought the PS2 was the best system of last gen, but for this one, it's hard for me to choose. There are a lot of games coming to the PS3, the 360 is already great, and so is the Wii.

Regardless, I don't think Nintendo will ever become a software company.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #21 on: 29 May, 2008, 04:42:24 pm »

He doesn't like how he thinks it feels less competitive, I don't think he said it wasn't fun.
Report Spam   Logged
Lumines_Nervend
« Reply #22 on: 29 May, 2008, 04:43:56 pm »

It may sound backwards but I really don't like game companies that have their own consoles.  most notably with Nintendo, any game for their system has to be developed according to their standards and in so doing, you have to play games how they want you too.

And I never said I didn't like Brawl, I just said it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be (I was hoping it would justify buying a Wii).
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #23 on: 29 May, 2008, 05:42:23 pm »

My dream is that Nintendo drops out of the hardware business and becomes a software company.

Think about it, the graphics and control of ether PS3 or Xbox360 combined with the best game series?

That will never happen; at least, we'll never live long enough to see it happen.

Allow me to quote myself, ages ago:

Do you know why Nintendo doesn't utilize high-end technology such as the Unreal Engine or Blu-Ray rays in their wares?

Because it would disrupt the very balance of this plane of existence. They would be too awesome.

Think about it this way, we don't have horns or wings on our bodies. Neither do we have poison glands or sharp claws or super-smell.

Why? Because we make up for not having that stuff by having more developed brains, people. If we did have all that stuff, we would become so awesome that our awesomeness would just make all other creatures woefully obsolete. Then, the dinosaurs would somehow come back and molest us to death.

Same goes for Nintendo. They make friggin' incredible games overall, even though those games are "physically" weak, they overcome that weakocity and bloom into great games.

If Nintendo had a 120 gig hard-drive/blu-ray player hybrid with a PS3 "Home"style online sub-world with XBox Live style online gaming, the world would just fricken' be like "Ok, this is all that I've been waiting for. I can blow up now."

Boom.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #24 on: 29 May, 2008, 05:46:15 pm »

Everything he says is true. >__>
Report Spam   Logged

Lumines_Nervend
« Reply #25 on: 29 May, 2008, 05:50:23 pm »

As for the PS3 and 360, there just isn't enough of a difference to justify owning both.  Even though the PS3 has much more power, the difficulty of developing for it and the ease of developing for the 360 compensates for this and levels the field.
Report Spam   Logged
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: 29 May, 2008, 11:48:12 pm »

>_> You dislike the whole reason I love Nintendo in the first place.
The franchises are what make Nintendo so great. Face it...if someone made a game exactly like a Mario game, only without Mario characters, it just wouldn't be as fun. If someone made a game that's a complete clone of Ocarina of Time, only with fancier graphics and a new "original" story, it wouldn't be as loved or fun. It's the very IPs that you hate Nintendo for reusing that makes Nintendo so great.

Without Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon etc., Nintendo would suck.

Although I do agree, Nintendo needs to make a new franchise, and one made with gamers in mind.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #27 on: 29 May, 2008, 11:50:41 pm »

A game exactly like Mario with different characters would indeed be as fun. I hardly care about or like any of the Mario characters and still find the games fun.
Report Spam   Logged
ProtoOmegaWeapon
Legendary Member

« Reply #28 on: 30 May, 2008, 06:02:18 pm »

I can't believe no one here has mentioned No More Heroes >__>
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #29 on: 30 May, 2008, 07:49:53 pm »

No More Heroes was mostly a commercial flop. Bringing it up would only further solidify that the concept of third party games and nintendo consoles mixing doesn't work.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: