Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 12:41:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Seriously. I don't even want a Wii anymore.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously. I don't even want a Wii anymore.  (Read 1320 times)
Masterman
« Reply #15 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:00:52 pm »

PS3 and 360 have CALL OF DUTY 4 AND GTA4. Those two alone can take on just about anything.

wii gets COD5. as for GTA4...well....yeah.....

COD5 on Wii. You really think that it's going to be good?

Yes. The Wii was made for the FPS genre.

GTA is highly overrated.

*dislikes the GTA series*

Then that means you dislike gaming, period.

No, I just don't like pointlessly violent games.
Also, I dislike games that put you in the role of the criminal.

Call me old school, but I mostly only like Nintendo games.
80% of all games I buy are Nintendo first or second party games.

I respect that. But you can also do good in GTA. You can be the Po-po.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #16 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:03:14 pm »

And even if the Wii's controller is ideal for FPS games, the only game that has even taken advantage of that is MP3:C, and maybe another game or two.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #17 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:04:34 pm »

Wasn't Medal of Honor a user of that? I also remember a CoD game advertising that one time if I can recall correctly.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #18 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:06:55 pm »

I'd rather pay 400 bucks for a copy of MSG4, 2 Controllers, An 80 gig system, and I don't know what else instead of buying a 250 system that I will probably get bored with after the first week of playing it.

The bundle sure as hell isn't $400.

PS3 is coming out with all these great games

hahahahahaha.... good joke.

I can list a dozen upcoming PS3 games I want right now. That's more than either Wii or 360. Granted, if I include the Wii games I already have with the upcoming ones, it would push it far over...

Still, the "lol ps3 haz no gaems" thing was only applicable for the half a year or so. Anyone still saying it now is just proving they haven't payed any attention and are still basing their opinions off of those first few months.

>_>

Fine, miss out on all the great Nintendo 1st party titles.

Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, etc.

If all a console has are its first party games, it isn't going anywhere.

Though the Wii does have some good third party games out and coming out.

PS3 and 360 have CALL OF DUTY 4 AND GTA4. Those two alone can take on just about anything.

And the Wii has SMG and Brawl, which can also "take on anything". You'd be better off listing more than two games. I know there are more.

wii gets COD5. as for GTA4...well....yeah.....

COD5 won't even be made by the same people who made COD4. I'll bet money it won't be nearly as good, especially the Wii version.

Almost every good game on the PS3 can be found on it, with the exception of two or three.

And the same can practically be said vice versa. The deciding factor is the exclusives.

I wasn't even aware they were making twelve games for the PS3.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:11:43 pm »

That's the kind of dry wit that lost its appeal months ago and now just sounds ignorant.
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #20 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:12:09 pm »

SMG??? Take on anything? Don't make me laugh. It can barely take Super Mario World.

FPS and Wii don't go good together. The best I've played was RRR. The plunger shooting missions. MP3:C was follygagger.

PS3 has Def Jam: Hood Star on the way, Ninja Gaiden II, COD5, LBP, Home, Tekken 6, and even PARAPPA 3!!!

Wii gets credibility for fun family games, but most of the time after a couple of weeks, you put them up, never to be played again. Seriously, how many of you still play TP? SMG? That's right, none of you. I'm still playing COD4.

Now the DS is a different story.
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #21 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:13:05 pm »

Yeah, try to outsmart me. I got all ****in' night.
Report Spam   Logged
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

Don't follow me...

« Reply #22 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:13:46 pm »

SMG??? Take on anything? Don't make me laugh. It can barely take Super Mario World.

FPS and Wii don't go good together. The best I've played was RRR. The plunger shooting missions. MP3:C was follygagger.

PS3 has Def Jam: Hood Star on the way, Ninja Gaiden II, COD5, LBP, Home, Tekken 6, and even PARAPPA 3!!!

Wii gets credibility for fun family games, but most of the time after a couple of weeks, you put them up, never to be played again. Seriously, how many of you still play TP? SMG? That's right, none of you. I'm still playing COD4.

well now i know your delusional.
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #23 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:15:21 pm »

well now i know your delusional.
MM's never one to be taken seriously.
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:16:38 pm »

You can't really use minority opinions when arguing about something that clearly pertains to the majority. You may not think SMG is that good, but clearly, many people do.

FPS games and the Wii do go well together, but lazy developers and the Wii do not. This has plagued more than just FPS games.

Ninja Gaiden II isn't for the PS3. It's a 360 game, and it isn't breaking any records. COD5 will probably not be nearly as great as COD4 on any platform.

Seriously, how many of you still play TP? SMG? That's right, none of you. I'm still playing COD4.

Because COD4 is a multiplayer game designed with infinite replay value, like Brawl is. Which happens to be a Wii game. TP may not have merited a second play through, but I was willing to play through SMG twice in a row, and will probably play through it again over the summer.

Comparing multiplayer games to singleplayer games is a lost cause though.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #25 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:17:57 pm »

That's the kind of dry wit that lost its appeal months ago and now just sounds ignorant.

not wit at all, just me being honest. I have yet to see anything of any value coming to that console, with a few slight exceptions. Resistance 2 should be good, and MGS4 looks wonderful. However, if history repeats itself will eventually be ported over to the 360 eventually. Then there is God of War 3, of which nothing is known.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:21:25 pm »

It has been proven time and again that there's next to no way MGS4 could be ported to the 360.

the PS3 has FFXIII, and FVSXIII, White Knight Chronicles, Valkyrie Chronicles, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, and others. Not to mention the large number of games it shares with the 360.
Report Spam   Logged
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #27 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:23:20 pm »

It has been proven time and again that there's next to no way MGS4 could be ported to the 360.

the PS3 has FFXIII, and FVSXIII, White Knight Chronicles, Valkyrie Chronicles, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, and others. Not to mention the large number of games it shares with the 360.

the ony thing on that list that sounds half good is MGS4
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:24:57 pm »

No, you mean the only thing on that list that appeals to your noticeably narrow tastes is MGS4.
Report Spam   Logged
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #29 on: 27 May, 2008, 10:25:58 pm »

No, you mean the only thing on that list that appeals to your noticeably narrow tastes is MGS4.

what's your point? its my taste.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: