Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 01:58:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Guitar Hero: Metallica!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guitar Hero: Metallica!  (Read 556 times)
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #30 on: 04 June, 2008, 07:42:37 pm »

St. Anger had room for improvement imo. <_<

Snare drums were kinda annoying to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #31 on: 04 June, 2008, 07:45:41 pm »

Well... ya. >_>

I don't actually have St. Anger.
Or Kill 'Em All.

I like all of the other ones though.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #32 on: 04 June, 2008, 07:48:12 pm »

I can't wait for this!  This is incredible!  Metallica is my favorite, and this is going to be an awesome game.

I know people said they sold out, but that's not fair....

Money makes the world go round, and by doing what they did they became a huge, huge band and very famous.

They are writing music they want to, so we need to be supportive of it.  If you don't like it, fine.  But still, it's for them and us.  But they shouldn't be pressured into writing something they dont' want to.

I like all their CD's.  Each one is unique.

Metallica is my favorite, and can't wait for this game. 

*salutes*

St. Anger was bad because of Lars Ulrich and Bob Rock taking advantage of the fact that James was in rehab, theyre was no bass player, and Kirk is a pushover. The production was so bad, the solos were cut, and the drums were just god awful.

Load and Reload I think are average. If you take all the good songs from Load, all the good songs from Reload, and make them one album, you'd have a damn good album. Obviously there are some bad tracks on both though.

Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justice For All are perfect. Everyone.

Black Album is near perfect.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #33 on: 04 June, 2008, 07:55:17 pm »

I can't wait for this!  This is incredible!  Metallica is my favorite, and this is going to be an awesome game.

I know people said they sold out, but that's not fair....

Money makes the world go round, and by doing what they did they became a huge, huge band and very famous.

They are writing music they want to, so we need to be supportive of it.  If you don't like it, fine.  But still, it's for them and us.  But they shouldn't be pressured into writing something they dont' want to.

I like all their CD's.  Each one is unique.

Metallica is my favorite, and can't wait for this game. 

*salutes*

St. Anger was bad because of Lars Ulrich and Bob Rock taking advantage of the fact that James was in rehab, theyre was no bass player, and Kirk is a pushover. The production was so bad, the solos were cut, and the drums were just god awful.

Load and Reload I think are average. If you take all the good songs from Load, all the good songs from Reload, and make them one album, you'd have a damn good album. Obviously there are some bad tracks on both though.

Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justice For All are perfect. Everyone.

Black Album is near perfect.
I agree almost entirely. I've heard Kill 'em All is very unrefined for them, so I never bothered to get it.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #34 on: 04 June, 2008, 07:58:10 pm »

Kill Em All doesn't sound like any of their other albums. That being said, its their msot thrashiest album, easily, and its the greatest pure thrash album ever, with the exception of Reign in Blood by Slayer. If you aren;t going to get it, you have to at least have the following three songs.

Hit the Lights

The Four Horsemen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyq55YzJY3o&feature=related

and the best track on the album

Seek and Destroy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYKh85Leq_g&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #35 on: 04 June, 2008, 07:59:34 pm »

Will do... when my grandparents go home.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #36 on: 04 June, 2008, 08:17:25 pm »

Will do... when my grandparents go home.

alright. let me know what you think of them.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #37 on: 04 June, 2008, 09:43:26 pm »

They were all right. I might have to listen to them again. The instrumentals sounded good, but James' singing just wasn't on par for me.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #38 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:18:39 pm »

it took some time for them to grow on me, but I love them now.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #39 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:20:36 pm »

Well I'll definitely listen to them again when I get a chance.
Report Spam   Logged

Parrothair (Solid Snake)
Legendary Mercenary
Holy Ruler

Showtime

« Reply #40 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:36:02 pm »

Thanks guys.  But yeah, here is my opinion on their CDs.  Not including Garage, inc. and S & M.

I love Kill 'Em All, it's just very very thrashy as been said.  Then again, that was their first CD in 1983.

Kill 'Em All:  Very Thrashy and hard core, but cool.

Ride The Lightning:  A great Follow up album with some great songs, still very thrashy, but Fade to Black is very heartfelt, and that's when you begin to look at them differently.

Master of Puppets:  What's to say about this album that hasn't been already?  It's a great album, great musical wise, and has some of their most famous songs on it. The bass is the best here.

...And Justice For All:  My personal favorite.  One is a genius song, my favorite.  The other songs blend so melodically with the rest of the album, it's great. To Live is To Die is a very great musical song with some poetry written by Cliff before he died, so it's a tribute.

Black Album:  The Transformation album.  Enter Sandman is now the most famous metal song of all time.  Nothing Else Matters is a great slow song.  The other songs are a mixture of old and what's to come.

Load:  Ah, very different, but I like it.  It's a good rock album, it's songs are catchy, and is just a good album all together.

Reload:  Another very different album.  This time they do weirder (in a good way) stuff musically, they expand more.  Load and Reload are very much similar, hence the names, yet different.

St. Anger:  This one is hard to talk about.  Most people give it so much hate.  The drums do sound a little weird here, that's for sure.  But it's a good album.  Very hard sounding album, very fast.  Sounds a bit like their older stuff mixed with their newer stuff, sped up.  I like it.  That was my second album I actually got of theirs (though been listening longer).  I got it when it first came out, so when I heard it, I thought it sounded fine.  I still think it does.  Maybe it's because I didn't listen to their other CD's straight through yet, so that gave me and advantage.  The movie Some Kind of Monster gave me a deeper love for the album.

So in my opinion, albums go like this....

...And Justice For All> Master of Puppets> Reload> Black Album> Load> Ride The Lightning> Kill 'Em All, and St. Anger are equal

I like all their albums, and I don't think any are bad.  I just think some sound different.  I like their metal sound and their rock sound.

« Last Edit: 04 June, 2008, 10:43:30 pm by Parrothair (Solid Snake) » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #41 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:40:54 pm »

I rank them:

Ride the Lightning > Master of Puppets = ...And Justice for All > Black Album > Load = Reload

I can't really rank the ones I don't have. I just love Ride the Lightning. "Fade to Black" is my favorite song, and Call of Ktulu is awesome. "Creeping Death" deserves more talk than I think it gets, and the title track is another of my favorites.
Report Spam   Logged

Parrothair (Solid Snake)
Legendary Mercenary
Holy Ruler

Showtime

« Reply #42 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:42:58 pm »

I rank them:

Ride the Lightning > Master of Puppets = ...And Justice for All > Black Album > Load = Reload

I can't really rank the ones I don't have. I just love Ride the Lightning. "Fade to Black" is my favorite song, and Call of Ktulu is awesome. "Creeping Death" deserves more talk than I think it gets, and the title track is another of my favorites.

I love Creeping Death, I wish they played that at the concert I went to a while back.  Oh well.  They actually didn't play anything for Ride the Lightning.

But yeah, I love all their CD's.  And I meant to put Ride the Lightning> St. Anger and Kill 'Em All, let me modify it.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #43 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:52:08 pm »

for me it goes

Master of Puppets>Ride the Lightning> Kill Em All=...And Justice For All>Black Album> Load=Reload> St. Anger
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac234678
« Reply #44 on: 05 June, 2008, 06:49:16 pm »

I'm going to break the chain; I thought that everything after the Black Album was crap. I don't throw around the term "sell-out" in any way other than as a joke, but I still hated what Metallica became.

I also think that Metallica is overrated and basically consumed the success of bands like Testament and Exodus. (Both of which during their stints in the 80's I liked better, though they've aged poorly.) I do know that both of those are popular, but never achieved the commercial success that Metallica did.

inb4flames
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: