Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 05:34:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AoB Gaiden: Shadow of Corruption (Complete)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoB Gaiden: Shadow of Corruption (Complete)  (Read 2889 times)
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #30 on: 22 June, 2008, 12:30:56 pm »

*Meanwhile, in the IL Guild Headquarters, a messenger hunter enters the Official's quarters to inform him of events thus far*

Hunter: Official sir, I have something to report.

Official: Yes, what is it?

Hunter: Uhm well...you see..

Official: Spit it out!

Hunter: Aah!! B-Blue and his friends managed to overcome both the eastern and western bases!

Official: What!? Are you certain!

Hunter: I'm afraid so. They even laid waste to the Annihilator and destroyed all the research data on it. The project has been deemed a failure.

Official: Where are they now!?

Hunter: They've discovered the location of the headquarters and are on their way here as we speak.

Official: Rrraaaggh!!!

*In his anger, the Official resumes his true form of Mephiles*

Hunter: A-aaah! W-what is the meaning of this!?

Mephiles: Begone!

*In a fit of rage, Mephiles fires a purple bolt at the hunter, destroying him*

Hunter: Aaaaaagggh!!

Mephiles: Curse you, Blue! Curse your eyes! Why can't they defeat you!?!?

??: Hahahahahaha...

Mephiles: What are you laughing at, you pest? I am not in the mood.

*Agaranok emerges from the shadows*

Agaranok: Blue and his friends simply are amazing, are they not? There is only 6 of them, yet they continue to effortlessly bring an entire organization of skilled fighters to submission. Don't you see? Don't you see how sublime it is!?

Mephiles: I think you are enjoying this spectacle a little too much, Agaranok.

Agaranok: What do you mean? My most worthy adversary trudges ever closer to his destined battle with me. How could I not revel in excitement?

Mephiles: What did I tell you about that...

Agaranok: Worry not. For when the time comes, I shall not pull my punches against Blue. Me and him will fight at our very best, as true warriors should!

Mephiles: Hmph, so you say.

Agaranok: Do you not trust my word?

Mephiles: Not that. It's just..I'm beginning to wonder if even you have what it takes to defeat Blue now.

Agaranok: Hmm, I wonder myself.

Mephiles: What...

Agaranok: Perhaps Blue has become stronger than I. Perhaps he hasn't. The only sure way to find out is for us to cross blades.

Mephiles: Agaranok...

Agaranok: Then we will see. If it so happens that I have met my match, and I meet my end on the battlefield, then so be it. At least I will die an honorable death by the hands of a superior opponent. That, is the way of a warrior.

Mephiles: Silence your foolish tongue, Agaranok. There is no honor in being defeated. Only shame and ridicule. To even suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

Agaranok: Hahaha. Ah, Mephiles. You've much yet to learn.

Mephiles: Enough of your babbling. Away with you.

Agaranok: As you wish. I shall return once Blue comes knocking.

*Agaranok disappears*

Mephiles: Agaranok, you whelp. Blue will meet his end. I will have my revenge. Even if I have to bring him to his knees myself!!! *clenches fist*

*Back to Blue and his friends as they head towards the Yanju Wastelands. On their way, they come across the small village of Weyseid, and decide to pass through*

Rachel: Uhm, w-wait a minute, guys...

Blue: What's the matter, Rachel?

Rachel: Would it be okay if we..uhm..skipped pass this town?

Lilia: But why?

Rachel: I...just don't like it here...

Blue: Well gee, Rachel. I'd like to, but it's starting to get late, and we don't know how far off the next town is.

Rachel: *sigh* I understand...

Lilia: Sorry, Rachel...

Rachel: Don't worry about it.

ILS: You know, you can't dodge it forever, Rach.

Jawo: What are you going on about?

ILS: This is where Rachel's boyfriend lives.

Jawo: What!?

Rachel: Mads!!!

ILS: I'm not going to let you hide it anymore, Rach.

Collin: I don't understand. If it's her boyfriend, why is she so afraid to see him?

ILS: It's because--

Rachel: No, Mads. I'll tell them.

ILS: Alright.

Rachel: You see, me and my boyfriend, Mike. We've been together for a long time. So long in fact, that we've decided to get our own place and move in together.

Blue: So then what?

Rachel: Well, we didn't have the money to do that and we weren't getting enough from our current jobs.

ILS: And that's when I offered her the opportunity to become a bounty hunter, since they make a lot of quick cash. She had the fighting ability, so I thought it'd be easy for her.

Rachel: Mike didn't want me to go, but since we were desperate for money, I went ahead anyway.

Lilia: What happened next?

Rachel: I joined the bounty hunters easily enough, but I soon found out that I was never able to acquire any bounties due to my fear of taking lives. I became so distraught by my constant failures that I spent all my focus on becoming better, and after a while, I completely forgot why I was even there in the first place.

Jawo: How long has it been since you've last seen him?

Rachel: Over 3 years...

Lilia: Ah! Oh no!

Rachel: Now do you see? I just can't bare to face him after abandoning him for so long!

ILS: But Rach, if you don't, it's just going to continue eating at you on the inside.

Rachel: I know, but..

Blue: ILS is right, Rachel. For better or worse, you have to go see him and let him know what happened. If his feelings for you are strong, it shouldn't be hard at all for him to forgive you.

Rachel: Okay...I'll do it...

Jawo: Alright. And I'll come with you! Just to make sure everything's okay.

Lilia: Yeah, me too!

Rachel: Heheh, thanks for your support, guys.

Jawo: No problem. That's what friends are for.

Lilia: We'll always be there to lend a hand!

Blue: Good luck, you guys. The rest of us will be at the inn.

Rachel: Okay. See you later.
« Last Edit: 22 June, 2008, 01:00:59 pm by BlueAnnihilator » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: