Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 03:07:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AoB Gaiden: Shadow of Corruption (Complete)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoB Gaiden: Shadow of Corruption (Complete)  (Read 2927 times)
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #45 on: 23 June, 2008, 06:03:33 pm »

*The day continues on as the group marches on through the heat*

Blue: Hey, Collin.

Collin: Yes, Blue?

Blue: Just how far are we from the headquarters?

Jawo: Yeah, we've been traveling all day and there's still no sign of it. What's the deal?

Collin: Well...the files stated that it's located in the center region. So we shouldn't be too far off.

Blue: Hmm, if you say so. While we're on the subject, why don't you tell us a little about it.

Collin: Okay! Uhm...to begin with, the headquarters is composed of two buildings.

Lilia: Two buildings?

Collin: Yeah, the left tower and the right tower, as they call it. The two towers are both connected by a bridge at the top, acting as a way of transport between the two.

Blue: I see... So where would we find the Official?

Collin: According to the files, the Official's quarters lies at the top of the right tower. But the only way to reach it, is to cross the bridge from the left tower and go from there.

ILS: Wait a minute. Why can't we go there directly from the right tower?

Collin: Because, other than the bridgeway, there is no other entrance into the right tower.

Rachel: So the only way to get into the right tower, is to enter from the left tower? Pretty awkward system they have going there.

Collin: It's a defense mechanism meant to confuse intruders. The target of an infiltration is almost always the right tower, so that makes easier for them to be trapped and picked off.

Jawo: That's pretty elaborate of them, don't you think? Why would they even need something like that?

ILS: Eh, you never know when rival hunters may try to invade and take out the competition. We've had to deal with stuff like that before.

Collin: But we don't have to worry! Thanks to the files in the archive room, I know the place inside out.

Blue: In that case, we'll be counting on you to give us a leg up, Collin.

Collin: You got it, Blue! I won't let you down!

*The group continues traveling through the wastelands. Later on, the two towers of the headquarters come into view*

ILS: Hey, is that what I think it is?

Lilia: It is! It's the headquarters! We found it!

Blue: Great. Let's go!

*The group picks up their pace and trudges toward the headquarters. But they are halted when the ground beneath them begins to crack and crumble*

Blue: W-what the--

Jawo: What's going on!?

Collin: It..it must be-- Guys! Get out of the way! Hurry!

Blue: Okay!

*The group follows Collin's advice and leaps to safer ground. Just then, a giant green serpent emerges from the earth and faces them*

Serpant: Sssssssssssss!

Jawo: What the hell is that!?

Collin: *shivering* I-I-It's the Y-Yanju Snake!!!

Lilia: It's enormous!

Blue: I think it'd be safe to assume that this isn't a defense mechanism.

Collin: You're right, Blue. It's a wild beast native to these lands. And it'll attack anyone who trespasses!!!

*The serpent lunges at the group, but they manage bounce back and avoid the attack*

Blue: Whoa! I'll just have to show it who's boss. Fireball!!

Collin: No, Blue! Don't!

*Blue casts a Fireball spell. He launches three fireballs at the Serpent, but it opens its mouth and injests the fireballs, completely unphazed by the attack*

Blue: What!?

Collin: I meant to tell you! The Yanju Snake is impervious to fire attacks!

*The serpent opens its mouth and takes a deep breath. It then spews a violent stream of fire at Blue*

Blue: Aah!

Jawo: Blue, watch out!!

*Blue springs back and manages to avoid being hit by the full attack. Though his leg is struck by the fire and is severly burned*

Blue: *clutches wound* Errgh...

Lilia: Are you okay...?

Blue: No. It...it got my leg....Aaagh...

Jawo: Blue's hurt. Collin, take care of him.

Collin: Got it.

*Collin helps Blue up and helps him to safety*

Collin: Easy, Blue. Easy. That wound is terrible. Let me apply some first aid.

ILS: We'll take it from here, Blue. You just rest and leave everything to us.

Blue: Alright, but be careful. That's no normal flame it's shooting from its mouth. The heat is almost twice as intense.

Jawo: Don't worry, I've got it all under control.

*Jawo grabs the hilt of his sword*

Jawo: Let's see how he likes a taste of my Crystal Sword.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: