Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 12:21:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AoB Gaiden: Shadow of Corruption (Complete)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoB Gaiden: Shadow of Corruption (Complete)  (Read 2933 times)
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #45 on: 25 June, 2008, 10:37:03 am »

Blue: W-was that....Psynergy!?

Lilia: Psynergy? What's Psynergy?

Blue: Psychic Energy, or Psynergy for short, is the ability to conjure sorcerous effects based on the elements and fueled by the spiritual power of the person's mind.

Lilia: A person's...mind?

Blue: Yeah, unlike me, who uses the energy of the body to cast magic instead.

Lilia: That sounds pretty cool!

Blue: It is. But only a particular people can make use of Psynergy. They're known as Adepts.

Lilia: So I guess Collin must be one of these Adepts, huh?

Blue: Yeah. And since he used a Plasma spell, he must belong to the Jupiter Alignment. Their psynergy is based on the powers of wind and lightning.

ILS: Collin! Is...is this all true?

Collin: Yes..it is...

Rachel: But then...how come you didn't tell us there you were a Jupiter Adept? Why did you keep it from us?

Collin: Because I...I was afraid of fighting. I'm not as strong and courageous as the rest of you. I was just a weakling...

ILS: Collin...

Collin: But now...now it's my turn to fight! Now's my chance to contribute to our cause! You guys go on ahead. I'll take care of things here.

Jawo: Come on, Collin. You can't really mean to take him on by yourself. That's just crazy!

Collin: We don't have a choice! I'm the only one among us who can fight ILX without having my attacks read and countered. Only I can do this!

Jawo: But...

Blue: You heard him. We need to move on.

Lilia: But Blue, what if something happens to him!?

Blue: I know...he's inexperienced. But like he said, he's the only one who can fight ILX on fair ground. If we try to help, we'll only get in the way.

ILS: Mmn, I know what you mean, but...I still don't like this.

Blue: I don't either, but this is for the best. Collin, we'll leave it to you.

Collin: Thanks, Blue. And don't worry, I'll be sure to catch up later.

Blue: Heh, you better. Now let's go. We still have a date with the Official.

*The group heads to the elevator lift, but ILX steps in front of them to stop their advance*

Blue: Ergh...

ILX: You're not going anywhere, I'm afraid...

Collin: Not if I have anything to say about it! (Blunt!!)

*Collin casts a blunt spell. A sword of magic appears in front of ILX and shatters, signifying a decrease in strength*

ILX: Oofgh! W-what is the meaning of this? Why do I feel so...weak...?

Collin: Hurry, guys! Get out of here while you can!

Blue: Okay, thanks!

*The group boards the elevator and Blue sets it to go up to the 20th floor*

Jawo: Don't you die on us, Collin! You hear!?

*Collin smiles and waves as the elevator door closes shut and sets about its destination. Once it's out of sight, he turns and faces ILX once more*

Collin: Hm!

ILX: Ah, child. I must say, that is some impressive power you wield. How long have you been praticing its use?

Collin: Uhm...only a month, I suppose.

ILX: Only a month, you say? But you handle it so well! Tell me, lad. How old are you?

Collin: I'm 12.

ILX: Oh, for one so young, you are quite formidable. But I must ask, what makes you think that you, a novice hunter with no rank to speak of, can defeat me, a S rank hunter?

Collin: I don't know. But I do know that for the sake of my friends, I will have to try!

ILX: I admire your strong spirit. But it will take much more than just being able to avoid my ability to best me. Are you ready!?

Collin: I am!

ILX: Then have at you! Well shall see who's abilities trump who's!
« Last Edit: 25 June, 2008, 09:39:22 pm by BlueAnnihilator » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: