Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 08:49:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*Sigh*

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *Sigh*  (Read 315 times)
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« on: 04 June, 2008, 06:03:06 pm »

I hate it when I'm like this.... I hate being depressed for no apparent reason, especially because it affects my RP'ing...

Lately, I've had naught-ass ideas. Nothing. I just can't think of anything. It feels like all my characters have gone stale and boring, and there's just no way to make them exciting again, because all the events I do pretty much fail IMO... not because of everyone else, but because of me. They're poorly planned out, poorly executed, they last for too long, the dialogue isn't good, and everything.

And what I was once known for, is becoming boring... I used to be known for having good personalities for my characters. I probably still have, but as I said they've become stale and boring. Everyone else is evolving (Michal, Gar, Agaranok, David, Link, Silhouette, Hawk and more), but my characters just.... stay the same. I mean when was the last time any of my characters took a huge evolvement step? Sheena is still plain old Sheena. Naru is still plain old Naru. And don't get me wrong, I like those characters. I'm just afraid that because they don't change, people will grow tired of them. And eventually not want to Rp with them because they aren't special or fun anymore.

I feel like I'm not contributing much to the RP either... The only thing I'm contributing with are couples... Which isn't bad, I like the couples I'm in, but... I don't do much else... and even then, the same problem as with my characters come up. I can't think of anything, so I'm afraid the relationships will end up being the same old same old, and be boring and forgotten.... Other relationships keep developing and looking fresh, but I feel like mine are stuck... It may just be my miserableness making me see things but...

And when I try to think up something new, the whole failing event thing stops it from working as it was supposed to...

*Sigh* I'm just being pathetic..... I don't know, maybe those are real issues I have, or just my miserable feeling in my chest and gut that causes me to think that... I don't know... Maybe I'll be better tomorrow...

Sorry for being so pathetic.... I know enough about psychology to realize that this topic is nothing but my inner **** child crying out for attention. So sorry for cluttering up the board with this topic... I just had to get this off my chest...

I'll log out for today.... I feel miserable.... See you all tomorrow...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #1 on: 04 June, 2008, 08:26:16 pm »

*throws a puppy at you* Stop being emo!

Ahem, anyways, I don't find any of your characters boring. You're doing good ILS.

Personally, neither you nor I have had any real character development for our characters. In the beginning, a lot of our characters had some development, but now, it's mostly Gar, David, and Agaranok's characters getting development. And Hawk too, to a lesser extent.

I think if anything, you characters and mine are just taking a back seat to let the others have the spotlight.
Report Spam   Logged
FrozenIndustry
Lord Agaranok/FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #2 on: 04 June, 2008, 08:47:39 pm »

It's true. Your characters often act as a backbone for the TIA RPs. They may not be in major development right now, but they help allow other characters to develop. Do you think Kestin would have any real development without Naru?

Cheer up a bit. Zeldafan made a good point.

Ah, brings back memories of when Spongebob was good.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #3 on: 05 June, 2008, 03:27:48 am »

I suppose you're right. I feel a bit better after sleeping, and I've made a few decisions as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Local Mod
Epic Post Whore

I'm: Hawk
Mood: Horny

« Reply #4 on: 05 June, 2008, 08:11:01 am »

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Your chars are fine, really. Fairly deep, varied. I can barely pull off deep, let alone variety.

I find ideas come when I'm off on long holidays, personally.
Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dustin (Formerly)
Mood: Sad

Derp it!

« Reply #5 on: 05 June, 2008, 11:19:46 am »

I'm probably late, but...

Anyways, I have always liked your characters and enjoyed RPing with them, and I never thought they were stale.  Hell, you're probably one of the only reasons that I come here.
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #6 on: 05 June, 2008, 12:18:47 pm »

Thanks, both of you. I do feel a bit better now.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #7 on: 05 June, 2008, 04:45:18 pm »

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Your chars are fine, really. Fairly deep, varied. I can barely pull off deep, let alone variety.

I find ideas come when I'm off on long holidays, personally.

Same here.

And I agree with Agaranok. Your characters help with the other characters' development, even if they don't develop much themselves.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #8 on: 05 June, 2008, 04:48:37 pm »

I suppose so. Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up