Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 05:12:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 ... 125   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)  (Read 14492 times)
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Mood: Grateful

Rotom!

« Reply #1680 on: 05 December, 2012, 08:18:54 pm »

So the bones of the Zero Squad are the Key now? In the past, the Key was implied to be an object, in which its location and such was a well guarded secret.

All those souls Aizen needed to "create" the Key? Pointless, according to this new reveal.

It seems Kubo is deviating from his original plan for Bleach, for whatever reason...and its forcing him to pull stuff like this.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1681 on: 12 December, 2012, 11:39:57 am »

welp

double badass time, apparently

also also finally the yachiru mystery that got absolutely no time at all devoted to it is finally solved
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1682 on: 12 December, 2012, 01:47:53 pm »

Are... Are Kenpachi and Unohana, one of my favourite Bleach OTPs, finally going to get some screentime together?

Also nice that they're finally acknowledging Unohana's power/skill in a more obvious way. And Kyoraku shutting the Central 46 up with valid points.

But I hope, probably in vain, that after he's kind of been bigged up here Renji isn't just sent back to Team Jobber again. Obviously he won't be as strong as Ichigo, but still...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #1683 on: 12 December, 2012, 04:19:25 pm »

Unohana and Kenpachi tiem yessss.

But I cant help but wonder why Aizen never gave Unohana much thought if she's this powerful. He took extra steps to stop Yama's sword, but not her? He may have noted her somewhat passive nature, but why risk her stoping his plans?

Maybe Aizen didnt know about her past, though...it could have been far before his time.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1684 on: 12 December, 2012, 04:54:40 pm »

She was one of the captains he tried to leave trapped in Hueco Mundo. You could also ask why he didn't prepare anything special for Ukitake or Kyoraku, since they're supposed to be around her level. And a lot more likely to fight.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #1685 on: 12 December, 2012, 06:20:30 pm »

Oh yeah. But when he saw her breaking through the sky with Ichigo in tow, still no reaction from Aizen...it wold have been great foreshadowing to have him see her as a threat. Same with Bach.

As for Ukitake and Kyo, those two may not have been close enough to Unohana and Yama's level in Aizen's eyes. With the Hy-whatever in his chest, Aizen probly saw no reason to make previsions for them.

Normal Aisen would have, most likely.

Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1686 on: 12 December, 2012, 06:32:38 pm »

Oh yeah. But when he saw her breaking through the sky with Ichigo in tow, still no reaction from Aizen...it wold have been great foreshadowing to have him see her as a threat. Same with Bach.

As for Ukitake and Kyo, those two may not have been close enough to Unohana and Yama's level in Aizen's eyes. With the Hy-whatever in his chest, Aizen probly saw no reason to make previsions for them.

Same could be said of Unohana.

I forget, had Aizen already bonded with the Hogyoku before he entered Fake Karakura Town, or did he do it during the battle?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #1687 on: 12 December, 2012, 06:45:10 pm »

But Aizen was thinking that Unohana and the others were trapped in HM and out of the way. Its likely Aizen wouldnt prepare something for her under that assuption.

It must have been before. He revealed it sometime after Ichigo showed up, and before Urahara stepped in.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1688 on: 12 December, 2012, 07:36:14 pm »

It's still entirely possible that he just didn't see Unohana as much of a threat anyway, especially since he'd already bonded with the Hogyoku, which is probably why he didn't react much, if at all, to her escaping from Hueco Mundo. Yeah, he took special measures for Yamamoto and Unohana was potentially the second most powerful captain under him, but that doesn't necessarily mean much because we don't know how big the gap was between Unohana and Yamamoto. Especially now that we've seen what Yamamoto's Bankai was capable of.

And on the subject of Ukitake and Kyoraku, don't forget that they were able to both take down the most powerful arrancar Aizen brought to Fake Karakura Town (which actually Kyoraku did pretty much single-handed) and survive the Vandenreich invasion apparently using just their Shikais. We've no idea what their Bankais are capable of, or about their Kido prowess.

So yeah, I fully accept that Unohana may well be the second most powerful captain after Yamamoto, albeit narrowly ahead of Kyoraku (Ukitake is unfortunately handicapped by his TB), but I don't think Aizen apparently ignoring her really means much aside from demonstrating his arrogance. Don't forget that Aizen was ludicrously powerful himself even before bonding with the Hogyoku.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #1689 on: 13 December, 2012, 11:04:48 pm »

Fair enough. I guess we'll have to wait and see just how powerful Kubo makes Unohana in the end.

Its hard to gauge a Bleach character's strength when they're written around the plot...
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1690 on: 14 December, 2012, 07:43:10 am »

Yeah... And that's not even counting former captains like some of the Visored, Urahara, Yoruichi, Tessai or Isshin.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1691 on: 18 December, 2012, 01:04:14 pm »

Holy crap... Guess now we know why Shinji didn't recognise her at first. O_o

So what did the first guy create, then? Or was it just those hotsprings?

I'd also forgotten how much I liked Kubo's non-serious moments, like Ichigo and Renji's bickering and Kon being a butt monkey. And their expressions when they saw the slim Hikifune.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1692 on: 18 December, 2012, 11:51:36 pm »

Probably healing techniques.

And yeah, I've always felt that Kubo did slapstick better than he did action and plot.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1693 on: 19 December, 2012, 07:26:51 am »

I feel Kubo's action sequences always come off better in the anime than the manga.

I've always generally liked his ideas for zanpakuto/hollow/whatever abilities as well (leaving aside the fact that some of them are really broken, like Aizen's and Baraggan's). The only one that jumps to mind that I feel let down by so far is Ukitake's Shikai.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #1694 on: 27 December, 2012, 01:08:00 pm »

Too bad either one of them cant do Kido.

Gonna be an interesting fight...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 ... 125   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: