Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:25:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 ... 125   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)  (Read 14383 times)
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Mood: Grateful

Rotom!

« Reply #1710 on: 21 February, 2013, 05:22:58 pm »

http://mangachrome.com/bleach/526/5/

Its simply a katana dripping with blood, it appears. Its apparent effect melts away flesh of both Unohana and her target.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1711 on: 21 February, 2013, 05:27:36 pm »

Its simply a katana dripping with blood, it appears. Its apparent effect melts away flesh of both Unohana and her target.
Could be. I personally felt that that scene with the bones was probably an artistic metaphor, but it could be an apparently meaningless Bankai.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1712 on: 21 February, 2013, 05:33:01 pm »

Could be. I personally felt that that scene with the bones was probably an artistic metaphor, but it could be an apparently meaningless Bankai.

I thought that too. But now that I think about it, what would be the point of her saying bankai if apparently nothing happened?

Okay, so we might know her bankai then (although I don't really understand why it's apparently so drastically different from her shikai...), fair enough, but there's still currently no explanation for her apparent 180 in terms of personality/temperament, though. My only hope now is that it was genuine and she hasn't just been putting on a show all this time. The latter would probably completely ruin the character for me.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #1713 on: 21 February, 2013, 06:35:32 pm »

I read somewhere that 'Minazuki' can have an opposite/different meaning if its written differently in japanese.

Shikai is to heal, Bankai is to decay, I guess... 
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1714 on: 21 February, 2013, 06:53:11 pm »

Yeah, I saw that on her wikia page. So it's at least pretty clever in terms of the name. But it still seems a bit odd to me. I mean, pretty much every bankai we've seen thus far are basically the shikai turned up to eleven. If indeed that blood/decaying thing was her bankai then it's a completely different direction to her shikai.

Also, I want to know more about her relationship with that hotspring guy. All we know right now is that he taught her at least some of her healing techniques.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #1715 on: 21 February, 2013, 07:08:02 pm »

He knows how crazy she used to be, it seems. Maybe more details of Unohana's past will come from him instead of Isane...

Kubo has quite a bit to cover, thanks to such a large cast.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1716 on: 21 February, 2013, 07:26:19 pm »

Indeed. By this point I'm genuinely concerned that we'll never see Kyoraku or Ukitake's bankais. Or Urahara's, for that matter.

Also, what did that Royal Guard girl with those weird arms mean when she said the lock to Mayuri's lab was easier to open than "the last time she was here"? I'll also be interested to see what major advances she and the beard guy invented.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #1717 on: 22 February, 2013, 02:13:31 am »

Theres a good chance anything Royal Guard (present time)related will be put on hold for now, thanks to Ichigo getting the boot. Im seeing many flashbacks and history lessons on the horizon...Im thinking Turn Back the Pendulum level.

Speaking of Ichigo being kicked out, was that even zanpakuto man's call to make? Wasnt Ichigo summoned by the Soul King himself? Also, zanpakuto man opened what looked like a Sky Rift, something only Hollows should be able to do. He didnt even require a chant like Urahara does...

This development just seems very last minute. Ichigo could have passed that test and no one would question it.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1718 on: 22 February, 2013, 06:25:39 am »

I'm betting this will all just be some additional test for him. The guy must've known that the Soul King summoned Ichigo for a reason, so I think he'd have to be pretty stupid to genuinely kick him out and cancel his training.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1719 on: 27 February, 2013, 06:30:34 am »

*gasp!* Oh my god it's that revelation we all guessed ages ago!

Eh... At least now we might find out what division Isshin was captain of. And I find it interesting that "Kurosaki" was Masaki's surname. Maybe the theory that Isshin is related to the Shibas has more to support it than just Ichigo's likeness to Kaien.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1720 on: 27 February, 2013, 03:22:27 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1721 on: 27 February, 2013, 03:58:31 pm »

One of the magazines I read has done a feature on the "big three" shonen manga, and get this:

The main appeal of Bleach is the pacing.

Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #1722 on: 27 February, 2013, 10:00:15 pm »

Interesting set up chapter...the only interesting bit being that Ichigo's boss can see the Shinigami badge. Only those with spiritual awareness can see it, so maybe she will play a bigger role later in the story.

Also, Im still stuck on this Ichigo failing the test development... how can the zanpakuto spirits not accept him when he's achived something like the Final Getsuga Tenshou? Shinigami or not, that form was evidence that Ichigo has once in perfect unison with Zangetsu.

It was just...hand waved for the sake of the plot. 
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1723 on: 28 February, 2013, 06:57:24 am »

Well yeah, but wasn't Zangetsu really reluctant to teach Ichigo that technique? Those spirits could've interpreted it as Ichigo sacrificing his zanpakuto spirit for one huge power boost, just using it as a tool.

Oetsu seems like a weird guy anyway (even by current Zero Division standards), so I'm reserving judgement until Ichigo inevitably learns whatever he needs to. I'm guessing Ichigo's just as confused by being deemed "unworthy" as we are.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1724 on: 06 March, 2013, 12:13:43 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 ... 125   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: