Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 12:48:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 125   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)  (Read 14427 times)
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #30 on: 10 June, 2008, 01:14:58 am »

Actually, Kubo is much worse than Kishimoto.

Have you noticed the similarities between Hueco Mundo and Soul Society? Yeah, "Let's break in and rescue my friend!" Both of which SHOULD be able to hold their own in a fight (one of which is excusable, since she was dealing with her superiors), but Orihime should be able to pick up and fight when she really needs to, Considering she has the most broken power in the whole manga/anime.

The battles aren't really that well written. Here's how it usually goes:
Bad guy beats up Good guy. Good guy attacks maybe a couple times, but it fails.
Good guy gets beat up past what anyone should live through, gets up and powers up, then beats the guy.

Plus, Zanpakuto's are far too limited. With 2 releases each, Kubo severely limited the growth his characters can have (Except for Uryu and Chad, who's limits to their powers are undefined). And power ups like "I found my resolve!" are dumb. You should have had it the first place, dummy.

Erm, I thought of something else, but I forgot. >_>

One small fix, but I agree. Kishimoto is creative, at the very least.

Question: How is Bleach so much less creative than Naruto?

Statement: Also, no one is worse than Kishimoto.
After all, at least with other authors you either get a manga that is consistently good or consistently bad. I have never seen a manga start out good, and then descend into a miserable pile of crap.
That's the part about Kishimoto's horrible writing that hurts me the most. Naruto had potential to be great, and then Kishimoto stuck his head up his ass and made it suck.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #31 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:10:42 am »

Regardless, Nobody showed off any new abilities past what they had before they went there. Kenpachi just used something he learned a while back at the request of his superior. Renji should be nearly the same level as Ichigo, and with Uryu, they should be stronger than Ichigo. And they couldn't beat the number 8 guy? While Ichigo beat the number six guy by himself? The power levels are out of whack.

Of course Ichigo IS the main character... but Renji is the main character's friendly rival, who SHOULD be equal or around the same strength. (Of course, this makes Renji viable for a captain position, which I think he would be fine at. Why haven't they promoted him?)

Because Ichigo's reached a higher level over power than them by controlling his Vizard powers. He's only been able to win against any of the arrancar in Hueco Mundo by putting that mask on.

Uryu meanwhile was only able to beat a captain by using the Quincy Final Form and sacrificing his powers in the process. Having only just got them back, I'm guessing he doesn't want to lose them again. As for Renji, yes he's powerful, but there's a huge gap of power between captain & lieutenant. Kubo essentially said himself (through one of the characters) that the captains of the Gotei 13 are the backbone of Soul Society's fighting force. So yes, he's powerful, but it would seem that all the captains are still more powerful than he is. Plus, they all have way more experience, apart from possibly Kenpachi, but he became a captain through pretty unique circumstances.

And don't forget that when fighting the 8th Espada, Renji was unable to use his bankai. At first, anyway. By the time the limit on his & Uryu's powers were lifted, they were both really worn down while the Espada had barely moved and was able to heal himself by eating his subordinates. All of Ichigo's fights were straight-off 1-on-1 encounters with no limiters like that and I think he would've been beaten by Nnoitra if Nel & Kenpachi hadn't stepped in. Let's not forget how badly Ulquiorra owned Ichigo without even using his zanpakuto, and with Ichigo using both his bankai and Hollow mask. He would've died right then if Grimmjow hadn't turned up with Orihime.

There are a lot of factors to consider with Bleach battles & power levels. Why does no-one ever pay attention to them?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #32 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:12:31 am »

Opinion:

One piece >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bleach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Naruto

IMO of course. Some of you may (probably) disagree.

Statement:

I have nothing to add to this conversation so... <_<

Eiichiro Oda pwns every other manga artist out there. The only one who comes close is Akira Toriyama.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #33 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:21:20 am »

What does Toriyama do again?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #34 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:23:15 am »

He's the guy who created dragonball.

I think I remember you not liking dragonball much, so you probably won't agree with my statement.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #35 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:29:24 am »

I don't agree. I'm really not very keen on Toriyama's art style.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #36 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:30:59 am »

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #37 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:37:00 am »

I know. It just irritates me when people have a go at something without considering all the factors.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #38 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:38:03 am »

Mhmm, that can be very annoying at times.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #39 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:46:05 am »

Exactly. Now watch as my reasonable explanation a few posts before goes ignored.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #40 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:47:43 am »

Regardless, Nobody showed off any new abilities past what they had before they went there. Kenpachi just used something he learned a while back at the request of his superior. Renji should be nearly the same level as Ichigo, and with Uryu, they should be stronger than Ichigo. And they couldn't beat the number 8 guy? While Ichigo beat the number six guy by himself? The power levels are out of whack.

Of course Ichigo IS the main character... but Renji is the main character's friendly rival, who SHOULD be equal or around the same strength. (Of course, this makes Renji viable for a captain position, which I think he would be fine at. Why haven't they promoted him?)

Because Ichigo's reached a higher level over power than them by controlling his Vizard powers. He's only been able to win against any of the arrancar in Hueco Mundo by putting that mask on.

Uryu meanwhile was only able to beat a captain by using the Quincy Final Form and sacrificing his powers in the process. Having only just got them back, I'm guessing he doesn't want to lose them again. As for Renji, yes he's powerful, but there's a huge gap of power between captain & lieutenant. Kubo essentially said himself (through one of the characters) that the captains of the Gotei 13 are the backbone of Soul Society's fighting force. So yes, he's powerful, but it would seem that all the captains are still more powerful than he is. Plus, they all have way more experience, apart from possibly Kenpachi, but he became a captain through pretty unique circumstances.

And don't forget that when fighting the 8th Espada, Renji was unable to use his bankai. At first, anyway. By the time the limit on his & Uryu's powers were lifted, they were both really worn down while the Espada had barely moved and was able to heal himself by eating his subordinates. All of Ichigo's fights were straight-off 1-on-1 encounters with no limiters like that and I think he would've been beaten by Nnoitra if Nel & Kenpachi hadn't stepped in. Let's not forget how badly Ulquiorra owned Ichigo without even using his zanpakuto, and with Ichigo using both his bankai and Hollow mask. He would've died right then if Grimmjow hadn't turned up with Orihime.

There are a lot of factors to consider with Bleach battles & power levels. Why does no-one ever pay attention to them?

Not if I keep quoting it it won't.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #41 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:50:45 am »

It's true though. There are a lot of factors to consider when talking about Bleach battles & power levels.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #42 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:53:06 am »

Yeah, there is.

It does look more complicated than One piece's or Naruto's strength levels.

Though they may be deep, I just don't look into them that deeply...
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #43 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:58:10 am »

Yeah.

To be honest, One Piece's strenght levels seems to be pretty straight-forward.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #44 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:59:38 am »

Yeah, it's just based on...

....Well, strength. <_<
Report Spam   Logged