Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 01:30:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 125   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)  (Read 14433 times)
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #75 on: 10 June, 2008, 01:43:40 pm »

Well, no one can get anymore useless than Chad. >_>

lolRockLee
At least Rock Lee is awesome and Chad isn't.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #76 on: 10 June, 2008, 01:47:40 pm »

Well, no one can get anymore useless than Chad. >_>

lolRockLee
At least Rock Lee is awesome and Chad isn't.

All a matter of opinion. I happen to like Chad.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #77 on: 10 June, 2008, 04:24:29 pm »

I never could get into one piece, it seemed to kiddy to me...IMO
¨
It's understandable. I thought so too at first.

But that was before I tried watching more than 20 episodes... it's true, the series has a lot of humor in it. Even in serious fights, there tend to be humor. But even so, One piece deals with serious issues, and IMO, it is the series of the three "big" shonen series (Bleach, Naruto, One piece) that shows the most emotion. IMO, Oda is a brilliant man, able to make his characters extremely likeable, and his villains someone you love to detest. IMO, Luffy is also the most likeable main character, more likeable than Naruto and Ichigo combined... but that's just IMO.

What basically got me to start one piece was this:

<_<

Okay, I'll stop with the One piece talk now.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #78 on: 10 June, 2008, 04:57:49 pm »

When asked why Ulquiorra has no personality, my sister said "Because he's emo"
>_>
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #79 on: 10 June, 2008, 05:00:38 pm »

He does have a personality. It's just a very cold and unemotional one.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #80 on: 10 June, 2008, 05:01:58 pm »

It's amazing how a simple question got over 50 posts.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #81 on: 10 June, 2008, 05:02:57 pm »

Oh, and BTW...

http://sonohtora.deviantart.com/art/Ulquiorra-Schiffer-76851770
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #82 on: 10 June, 2008, 05:28:51 pm »

He does have a personality. It's just a very cold and unemotional one.
Well, everyone has a personality, but his character is shallow, got no story to him.
He basically survives on looks, which he doesn't have a lot of. He's very generic.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #83 on: 10 June, 2008, 05:32:46 pm »

Well, we didn't know Nnoita had a story to him until he fought Kenpachi. Same with Grimmjow until he fought Ichigo in Hueco Mundo. Maybe we'll learn something about Ulquiorra when Ichigo fights him.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #84 on: 10 June, 2008, 05:51:03 pm »

Well, we didn't know Nnoita had a story to him until he fought Kenpachi. Same with Grimmjow until he fought Ichigo in Hueco Mundo. Maybe we'll learn something about Ulquiorra when Ichigo fights him.
Hopefully it's a good story,

Right now, he doesn't really deserve a fanbase.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #85 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:48:46 pm »

Actually, Kubo is much worse than Kishimoto.

Have you noticed the similarities between Hueco Mundo and Soul Society? Yeah, "Let's break in and rescue my friend!" Both of which SHOULD be able to hold their own in a fight (one of which is excusable, since she was dealing with her superiors), but Orihime should be able to pick up and fight when she really needs to, Considering she has the most broken power in the whole manga/anime.

The battles aren't really that well written. Here's how it usually goes:
Bad guy beats up Good guy. Good guy attacks maybe a couple times, but it fails.
Good guy gets beat up past what anyone should live through, gets up and powers up, then beats the guy.

Plus, Zanpakuto's are far too limited. With 2 releases each, Kubo severely limited the growth his characters can have (Except for Uryu and Chad, who's limits to their powers are undefined). And power ups like "I found my resolve!" are dumb. You should have had it the first place, dummy.

Erm, I thought of something else, but I forgot. >_>

One small fix, but I agree. Kishimoto is creative, at the very least.

Question: How is Bleach so much less creative than Naruto?

I didn't read the whole topic, so I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I feel the need to reply.

A. In the beginning of the show the main character gets powers from a mysterious girl who's job it is to send spirits to the afterlife. With these powers the main character aids the girl in doing this job and fight "bad spirits" (hollows or demons)

In case you didn't figure it out, this applies to both Bleach and Yu Yu Hakusho. In fact, Shonen Jump initially rejected Bleach for being to similar, and it wasn't until Toriyama himself read it and wrote a reccomendation to SJ to publish it that they did.

B. Soul Society=Hueco Mundo. Each arc is almost exactly the same. If you deny this, I'll explain it, but I hope you can realize that yourself.
Report Spam   Logged
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #86 on: 10 June, 2008, 07:51:51 pm »

Well I think *click*

Wait a minute, I'm arguing on the internet over a story...
hrghghrbll
*snap*
WATCH NARTO AND B A REEL MAN

>_>

If you want to be a real man, watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That's a manly anime.

Have you noticed the similarities between Hueco Mundo and Soul Society? Yeah, "Let's break in and rescue my friend!" Both of which SHOULD be able to hold their own in a fight (one of which is excusable, since she was dealing with her superiors), but Orihime should be able to pick up and fight when she really needs to, Considering she has the most broken power in the whole manga/anime.

Good guy gets beat up past what anyone should live through, gets up and powers up, then beats the guy.

Plus, Zanpakuto's are far too limited. With 2 releases each, Kubo severely limited the growth his characters can have (Except for Uryu and Chad, who's limits to their powers are undefined). And power ups like "I found my resolve!" are dumb. You should have had it the first place, dummy.

I didn't read the whole topic, so I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I feel the need to reply.

A. In the beginning of the show the main character gets powers from a mysterious girl who's job it is to send spirits to the afterlife. With these powers the main character aids the girl in doing this job and fight "bad spirits" (hollows or demons)

In case you didn't figure it out, this applies to both Bleach and Yu Yu Hakusho. In fact, Shonen Jump initially rejected Bleach for being to similar, and it wasn't until Toriyama himself read it and wrote a reccomendation to SJ to publish it that they did.

B. Soul Society=Hueco Mundo. Each arc is almost exactly the same. If you deny this, I'll explain it, but I hope you can realize that yourself.

...you know, I never drew that connection before.

Well, if you're going to bring YYH into this.
YYH = One Piece >>> >>>>>>>Bleach >>>Naruto

Ok, so maybe Bleach isn't that much better than Naruto.
At least with Bleach you get consistent quality. Once again, my major problem with Kishimoto is that he took a once great series and drove it into the ground with his constant Uchiha worship and lack of focus on several much more interesting characters.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #87 on: 10 June, 2008, 08:06:33 pm »

Well I think *click*

hrghghrbll
*snap*

>_>

If you want to be a real man, watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That's a manly anime.
YES
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #88 on: 10 June, 2008, 08:11:17 pm »

Well I think *click*

hrghghrbll
*snap*

>_>

At least with Bleach you get consistent quality. Once again, my major problem with Kishimoto is that he took a once great series and drove it into the ground with his constant Uchiha worship and lack of focus on several much more interesting characters.

Personally I thought the first arc of Bleach was 50x better than the rest.

<_< >_>
Report Spam   Logged
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #89 on: 10 June, 2008, 08:13:32 pm »

Well I think *click*

hrghghrbll
*snap*

>_>

Personally I thought the first arc of Bleach was 50x better than the rest.

<_< >_>

I thought the entire first half of Naruto was 100x better than part two.

It's almost like an entirely different manga.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 125   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: