Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 02:19:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 125   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)  (Read 15490 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #390 on: 07 March, 2009, 04:18:35 pm »

Deux ex Orihime, in both killing Ulq, and healing Ichigo from beyond death.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #391 on: 07 March, 2009, 04:19:46 pm »

God I hate Orihime.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #392 on: 07 March, 2009, 04:21:03 pm »

God I hate Orihime.
You just know that Ulq killing Ichigo is THE setup for Deus Ex Orihime.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #393 on: 07 March, 2009, 04:32:19 pm »

Uh... How is Orihime or her powers a deus ex machina?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #394 on: 07 March, 2009, 04:35:50 pm »

Uh... How is Orihime or her powers a deus ex machina?
Well besides the whole "She can heal the dead" thing, I'm betting she's going to go fucknuts and open up a whole can of ass-kicking with some new form or power for Tsubaki.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #395 on: 07 March, 2009, 05:36:07 pm »

Well yeah, but it's not like those things are sudden or unexpected. A deus ex machina is something that suddenly occurs in a story and just happens to solve all problems despite barely being mentioned (if at all) before it turns up. Whereas Orihime has had her powers for most of the series and we've had an idea of the potential of them since at least the arrancar arc. It's not like Kubo would just be pulling a random idea out of his ass.
« Last Edit: 07 March, 2009, 05:38:25 pm by Gargravarr » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #396 on: 07 March, 2009, 06:34:43 pm »

Because the whole point of his training was to not look like that.

And even when he fought Byakuya, it was commented on that he became slower pretty soon into the fight. He just isn't very skilled with his Bankai, that goes for characters like Ikkaku and Hitsugaya who also got their's pretty quickly, when it's supposed to take years. His inner hollow knows how to use it better than Ichigo, which is why he fairs better in fights, not because he's stronger. Hollow Ichigo has demonstrated more skill than Ichigo, with his idea about using the sword like a flail, and the hollow was the first to use the black getsuga.

Can't type much per message on the PS3, will continue in next post.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #397 on: 07 March, 2009, 06:38:07 pm »

But unlike the other Vizard, Ichigo has never exactly had the greatest control over his hollow. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it made a comeback.

Still, I think it's more likely that Orihime's going to take out Ulquiorra, or at least wound him enough for someone else to kill him.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #398 on: 07 March, 2009, 07:57:01 pm »

I'm betting Orihime will do something, though not kill Ulquiorra, then heal Ichigo. While Ichigo's getting healed he'll probably have a training session in his mind. I dunno what Orihime would do to Ulquiorra, but whatever it would be it would keep him away during the healing. Then Ichigo's all ready to go for round 2.

It just doesn't seem like anyone but Ichigo will beat Ulquiorra. He's like the Byakuya of the season, and Ichigo needs to beat someone important. Although he'll probably end up responsible in part of Aizen's inevitable defeat (unless something bigger than Aizen shows up and kills Aizen). Captains will probably take on the top 3 Espada, Some awesome people (captains in Hueco Mundo, or Vizards) will fight Gin and Blindo, and I dunno who'll fight Aizen. Some combination of Ichigo, Yamamoto, or a/the Vizard(s).
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #399 on: 07 March, 2009, 08:08:12 pm »

Anyway, it would be completely and utterly backwards for Ichigo, who went though multiple training sessions to supress and control his inner-hollow, to beat Ulquiorra just because he let it control him. There's no reason to win if you took 10 steps backwards in the process. Not to mention that in such a defeat, Ulquiorra would still have won with his psychological "you're like us" warfare, and considering they're in the middle of a war, Ichigo doesn't have time to mope around about being a failure, and the only training session he could possibly get would be in his own mind, everyone else is too busy saving the universe to train him.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #400 on: 08 March, 2009, 09:02:22 am »

Anyway, it would be completely and utterly backwards for Ichigo, who went though multiple training sessions to supress and control his inner-hollow, to beat Ulquiorra just because he let it control him. There's no reason to win if you took 10 steps backwards in the process. Not to mention that in such a defeat, Ulquiorra would still have won with his psychological "you're like us" warfare, and considering they're in the middle of a war, Ichigo doesn't have time to mope around about being a failure, and the only training session he could possibly get would be in his own mind, everyone else is too busy saving the universe to train him.

Hm... I guess you're right. Eh, it was just speculation.

It just doesn't seem like anyone but Ichigo will beat Ulquiorra. He's like the Byakuya of the season, and Ichigo needs to beat someone important.

Yeah. I was going to bring up Grimmjow, but he could probably be considered the Renji of the season.

Although he'll probably end up responsible in part of Aizen's inevitable defeat (unless something bigger than Aizen shows up and kills Aizen).

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that happened. Let's face it, Aizen, despite his huge amount of power, is only going to last for so long.

Captains will probably take on the top 3 Espada, Some awesome people (captains in Hueco Mundo, or Vizards) will fight Gin and Blindo, and I dunno who'll fight Aizen. Some combination of Ichigo, Yamamoto, or a/the Vizard(s).

I could see Aizen fighting Yamamoto, Ichigo (when he gets out of Hueco Mundo) and Shinji. I just think those three would be the most fitting.

Unless Lilinette has a really powerful resurreccion, Ukitake will probably deal with her quickly and help Shunsui fight Stark.

I reckon Komamura will have a go at fighting Tosen, and Rangiku (if she's recovered enough) will try to fight Gin, possibly with Hitsugaya's help.

I can't think of who'd fight Barragan, except maybe Soifon.

And as much as it pains me to say it, I could see Yamamoto being killed off in this arc. Most likely by Aizen.

Also, I'm wondering if maybe Ichigo & Uryu's dads will show up. They're both supposed to be really powerful... Same with Kisuke and Yoruichi.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ahriman
« Reply #401 on: 08 March, 2009, 03:47:22 pm »

Grimmjow was the Kenpachi.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #402 on: 08 March, 2009, 03:57:33 pm »

He totally wasn't.
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #403 on: 08 March, 2009, 03:59:45 pm »

i'm pretty sure kenpachi was the kenpachi
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #404 on: 08 March, 2009, 04:41:39 pm »

Nnoitra is obviously Kenpachi Mk. Arrancar.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 125   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: