Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 09:50:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 125   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Bleach Topic (SPOILERS)  (Read 15469 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #585 on: 19 July, 2009, 01:48:22 am »

So, I wussied out and I'm gonna continue reading. I just finished the Mayuri vs. Granz fight, and holy ****. Remind me to never **** Mayuri off. That freak is scary.
Honestly, I'm surprised he's not actually working for Aizen...
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #586 on: 19 July, 2009, 02:48:56 am »

So, I wussied out and I'm gonna continue reading. I just finished the Mayuri vs. Granz fight, and holy ****. Remind me to never **** Mayuri off. That freak is scary.
He's just so outrageously evil, I think he may slowly be becoming one of my favorite characters...
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #587 on: 19 July, 2009, 07:29:51 am »

Probably because he has virtually no interest in Aizen's goals. The Gotei 13 already pretty much give him free reign to experiment as he wishes, and that's all that really matters to him. He's not actually evil, just very twisted.

To be honest, Szayel is more evil than Mayuri. You just need to look at his abilities and his actions when helping Nnoitra take down Nel to know that he enjoys making people suffer, whereas Mayuri only does so if someone's pissed him off (Like Szayel did). It's not that he enjoys people suffering, he just doesn't care if they suffer as long as he can still conduct his research on them.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #588 on: 19 July, 2009, 11:13:06 am »

Probably because he has virtually no interest in Aizen's goals. The Gotei 13 already pretty much give him free reign to experiment as he wishes, and that's all that really matters to him. He's not actually evil, just very twisted.
wut
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #589 on: 19 July, 2009, 11:41:41 am »

wut

Okay, so that was a bad way of phrasing it. I mean he's not aiming to conquer/destroy the world or make people's lives miserable, all he really cares about is his research. It just happens that his research is more important to him than people's lives/well-being.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #590 on: 20 July, 2009, 04:16:40 pm »

Problems like what?

I don't know, it just seems like she forgets about her character's motives a lot. Like how Ishida was being joking around Mayuri during there second meeting, despite the fact that Ishida still hasn't gotten over Mayuri torturing his grandfather to death and then poisoning Ishida before leaving him for dead the first time.

Or how Orihime and Ishida are left alone in Aizen's inner chamber with everyone else either dead or preoccupied. And instead of going through with her earlier stated plan of rejecting Hōgyoku from existance, thereby ending the entire purpose of the arc, she goes to cheer Ichigo on.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #591 on: 20 July, 2009, 04:47:33 pm »

I don't know, it just seems like she forgets about her character's motives a lot. Like how Ishida was being joking around Mayuri during there second meeting, despite the fact that Ishida still hasn't gotten over Mayuri torturing his grandfather to death and then poisoning Ishida before leaving him for dead the first time.

What makes you assume Kubo Tite is a woman? <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #592 on: 20 July, 2009, 04:48:25 pm »

The name threw me off. Sorry.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #593 on: 20 July, 2009, 05:33:33 pm »

What makes you so sure he hasn't gotten over it? He almost destroyed Mayuri in the Soul Society arc, poison or not. Or maybe he's just willing to put aside his own feelings (at least for now) because he knows that Mayuri is a valuable asset in the fight against Aizen & the Arrancar, which is the most pressing issue right now. In Soul Society, Mayuri was never anything more than an enemy to Uryu, since he was trying to stop him rescuing Rukia. In Hueco Mundo, its more of a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Also, if by "their second meeting" you're referring to them meeting during the fight with Granz, it didn't seem like Uryu was joking around with Mayuri to me. It seemed more like relief that he and Renji were getting strong backup against an enemy that was about to kill them. As for when Mayuri's trying to heal him after the fight, he was (understandably) more preoccupied with what this twisted nutcase might be about to do to him during the "healing process".

Mayuri might have killed Uryu's grandfather, but he also saved Uryu's life in Hueco Mundo. I'm not saying that makes them square, but still...

Or how Orihime and Ishida are left alone in Aizen's inner chamber with everyone else either dead or preoccupied. And instead of going through with her earlier stated plan of rejecting  from existance, thereby ending the entire purpose of the arc, she goes to cheer Ichigo on.

You know what Orihime's like, especially about Ichigo. It's pretty clear to me that at that precise moment she was more worried about Ichigo possibly dying than the Hōgyoku. Now that Aizen's left Hueco Mundo and Ulquiorra's dead, she could go back and "reject" the Hōgyoku whenever she wants.
« Last Edit: 20 July, 2009, 05:35:34 pm by The Mighty Boosh » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #594 on: 24 July, 2009, 07:27:27 am »

Well, it's all about to kick off. Again.

Now that I think about it, Hachi seems like an appropriate opponent for Barragan. It's pretty clear physical attacks won't affect him much, so set a kido master on him.

Also, anyone else hoping Mashiro now proceeds to beat the crap out of Wonderweiss?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #595 on: 24 July, 2009, 12:29:47 pm »

Well, it's all about to kick off. Again.

Now that I think about it, Hachi seems like an appropriate opponent for Barragan. It's pretty clear physical attacks won't affect him much, so set a kido master on him.

Also, anyone else hoping Mashiro now proceeds to beat the crap out of Wonderweiss?
I am. Mashiro is made up of pure awesome. As well as Toku. She's silly. And deadly.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #596 on: 24 July, 2009, 02:11:33 pm »

I wonder what makes Wonderweiss so damn powerful. Is it just that he was created last, and was therefore most perfected?
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #597 on: 24 July, 2009, 02:20:03 pm »

I wonder what makes Wonderweiss so damn powerful. Is it just that he was created last, and was therefore most perfected?

*shrugs* Maybe. We also don't know what kind of Hollow/Menos he was before he was exposed to the Hōgyoku, so that might have something to do with it.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #598 on: 24 July, 2009, 03:14:30 pm »

*shrugs* Maybe. We also don't know what kind of Hollow/Menos he was before he was exposed to the Hōgyoku, so that might have something to do with it.
And also, he seems to be connected to Superchunky, so that might function as a source of power for him.
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #599 on: 29 July, 2009, 08:48:54 pm »

Opening 6 is my favorite.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 125   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: