Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 09:42:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Am I one of the only people who don't care about watching an anime in English?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I one of the only people who don't care about watching an anime in English?  (Read 514 times)
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #15 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:34:55 pm »

Depends. If it's bad, I'm not real interested in watching. But, english dubs are sometimes hard to find on the internet.

Uncut English dubs are where it's at.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #16 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:40:39 pm »

Watching the one piece 4kids dub made me cringe... I'm not kidding.

THe horrible puns, the half assed voice acting (except aforementioned Zoro and Crocodile), the very bad censoring (In one scene, we see a spike fly at luffy, then the next scene it's suddenly a suction cup. uh... why not change it to a suction cup from the START?) and much else....

I just.... 4kids ruined an excellent anime. the only 4kids anime I've ever found to be "acceptable" was Yu-gi-oh. It at least had Dan Green as the main character. Dan Green, the true man.

Dan Green voiced the Pharoah, right? Or did he voice normal Yugi as well?

*shudder* I never liked the Pharoah's voice. He sounds stupid when he shouts, and he shouts a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
GSD
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

GSD

« Reply #17 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:43:02 pm »

THe horrible puns, the half assed voice acting (except aforementioned Zoro and Crocodile), the very bad censoring (In one scene, we see a spike fly at luffy, then the next scene it's suddenly a suction cup. uh... why not change it to a suction cup from the START?) and much else....

I just.... 4kids ruined an excellent anime. the only 4kids anime I've ever found to be "acceptable" was Yu-gi-oh. It at least had Dan Green as the main character. Dan Green, the true man.

*shudder* I never liked the Pharoah's voice. He sounds stupid when he shouts, and he shouts a lot.
I think he played both.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #18 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:43:29 pm »

Depends. If it's bad, I'm not real interested in watching. But, english dubs are sometimes hard to find on the internet.

Uncut English dubs are where it's at.
This.

WHich is why I like Bleach's dub, because it's mostly uncut, except for a few lines (Like Kon looking up under Rukia's skirt. In the original he says something like "NICE ANGLE!" But in the dub he says something else). That, and it's got the voice of Guy Cecil for Ichigo. Beeg beeg thumbs up for that.

Yeah, he voiced the pharaoh. And Normal yugi.

O: Dan Green is a good voice actor IMO at least. His voice doesn't fit Knuckles at all, but he still does a good job voicing him. Even if the voice doesn't fit.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #19 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:46:26 pm »

His voice fits Knuckles better that the Pharoah... Don't get me wrong, Yugi's voice is okay, I just find it a little painful to watch his duels...

To be honest, I prefer GX to the original stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #20 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:49:09 pm »

Yeah, it can be annoying, I'll admit that.

I haven't seen GX. THough I've heard they've started taking advice from Yu-gi-oh the abridged series (E.g Making jokes about card games being the only thing that matters in the world)
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #21 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:49:59 pm »

This might sound weird, but there are quite a few of 4kids voices that are actually pretty good, It's the poor voice direction and badly written dialog that ruins it.

TMNT, the 4kids one is a show I could stand to watch.

I haven't seen GX. THough I've heard they've started taking advice from Yu-gi-oh the abridged series (E.g Making jokes about card games being the only thing that matters in the world)
I've seen some of that, and it's actually kinda funny. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #22 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:51:44 pm »

I used to watch Bleach on Adult Sim, but then it started over... >_> and now its pretty far I guess.

It started over on Adult Swim, too?
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #23 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:52:54 pm »

This might sound weird, but there are quite a few of 4kids voices that are actually pretty good, It's the poor voice direction and badly written dialog that ruins it.

TMNT, the 4kids one is a show I could stand to watch.

I've seen some of that, and it's actually kinda funny. >_>
That's true. I honestly LOVE the voices of the four turtles and Splinter.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #24 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:53:24 pm »

Yeah. One a couple of occasions, the main character tells people to just settle down and have fun, since it's just a game.

I'm skeptical about the newest incarnation (called 5 Ds, or something...) where they've implemented motorbikes into the dueling... ¬_¬
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Maniac234678
« Reply #25 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:53:50 pm »

Unless the English version is horrible, I only watch stuff subbed because it's farther ahead/the dub doesn't even exist yet.

This. I'll never watch subbed Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, YuYu Hakusho, etc., unless I run out of money and need to watch something on YouTube/Veoh/etc. (in where there are no dubbed versions available) that I don't have in the box-sets I've bought. Though I read manga predominately, so this battle is pretty nulled for me.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #26 on: 11 June, 2008, 04:55:20 pm »

Yeah. One a couple of occasions, the main character tells people to just settle down and have fun, since it's just a game.

I'm skeptical about the newest incarnation (called 5 Ds, or something...) where they've implemented motorbikes into the dueling... ¬_¬
I lol'd when I saw that.

And I know I've said this, but I've been reading the yu-gi-oh manga recently... and dear god it's dark. I mean, the anime is 1000 times kiddier than the manga...
Report Spam   Logged

Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #27 on: 11 June, 2008, 05:03:37 pm »

Say what!?
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #28 on: 11 June, 2008, 05:04:29 pm »

I heard that it was pretty violent before card games came into play.

"Because in the future, card games will be played on motorcycles!"
"Tristan, that may be the dumbest thing you have ever said."
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #29 on: 11 June, 2008, 05:09:18 pm »

Say what!?

I heard that it was pretty violent before card games came into play.

"Because in the future, card games will be played on motorcycles!"
"Tristan, that may be the dumbest thing you have ever said."
It is. Even WITH the card games it's violent. I mean, I can't remember exactly, but Yugi plays Mokuba a game of capsule monsters or something like that (It's almost the same as the card games), and the loser is put in a virtual reality room, designed to drive people insane. And of course, Mokuba loses and he's driven close to insanity, because his brother doesn't even care about him.

...His face when Mokuba screams is almost nightmare fuel. Almost.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: