Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:04:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Clash of Smash Gym

Pages: 1 ... 1730 1731 1732 1733 [1734] 1735 1736 1737 1738   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clash of Smash Gym  (Read 122494 times)
Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #25995 on: 21 January, 2017, 09:56:54 pm »

(Finally beat Final Fantasy 15, geez that game is long...)

Now that my video game hunger has been sated, I'll get to reading.

I'll definitely have to look into Pit People then! I love all of Behemoth's games. They make really solid games. I actually have a buddy who's working on a game right now. I think he's releasing it to beta soon.

Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Username: Doc
Mood: Tired

Still Technically here

« Reply #25996 on: 21 January, 2017, 10:47:19 pm »

Doc: it is a FF game...

I want progress reports on what u end up reading as you go.

I have completed the story missions in pit people, and collected at least 1 of each unit type. It might not be worth 15 bucks just yet... But it is a good demo ish thing. The cupcakes and wraiths are so good.

Oh, what kind?

edit: update for a pit people strat: get a hair troll, a troll mom, and a mascot with the "you're not mom" costume, then just sit in a corner and watch the madness i now call "Troll Patrol"
« Last Edit: 22 January, 2017, 03:36:46 am by The Necrostar » Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25997 on: 28 January, 2017, 07:44:55 pm »

Just started on Overlord, we'll see how it goes on that read.

Actually my Mass Effect game ended up dying on the vine since only one person had actually played the series. Did find a group doing a DnD game though so now I'm reading through that material. Jesus those books are thick.

Looking at Pit People, it looks like a strategy game which might be a hard sell for me. I am so incredibly bad at strategy games.

He's working on a game called Women of Xal, it's a visual novel that's gonna hit Kickstarter in a couple of days.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25998 on: 29 January, 2017, 12:04:08 am »

Doc: looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Is playing  the game that vital to the tabletop? U dm?

It's like baby's first strategy game, but the humor of behemoth is in full force throughout.

Visual novel eh? Sounds vaguely sketchy
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25999 on: 02 February, 2017, 08:49:39 pm »

Chapter 14 of Overlord: So far it's really good! I'm very curious about what the main character's true motivations are. And I enjoy the twist on the classic "Guy stuck in a video game" angle.

And playing the game was pretty important considering my game took place after the series' ending. So it was a lot of world that most of the players didn't understand. I was DMing, but I think I'll put the story on hold for now until I find enough people to start it up again.

I'll have to pick it up. I still have really fond memories of Alien Hominid. I beat that game so many times...

And he actually just launched the KS for it if you wanna see the trailer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/projecttrinity/women-of-xal-a-political-visual-novel
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26000 on: 03 February, 2017, 12:16:54 am »

Doc: that's like vol 3ish right? That's about as far in as I've read, I think anime goes to vol 4 by the end tho.

What a shame to put it on hold then. Next time I get into a game I'm going bard... a gargoyle bars if I can

As I said tho, it's got basically 3 story missions so far,.. But way more side quests

Ok, so I'm not really into that kinda game, like at all, but i almost wanna donate so they have to put Marcus in it...
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #26001 on: 04 February, 2017, 12:13:48 am »

Yup, I ended up reading up to Chapter 22 which is the last chapter I can find. It's a pretty good series, but geez that Lizard arc dragged on...

I'm actually about to join a DnD group this Sunday. My plan is to roll a Bard/Warlock multiclass. He literally sold his soul to be able to play the fiddle.

And yeah, it's not really my cup of tea game-wise either, but it definitely has potential and he's my friend so my money's already in.

On to the next manga!
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26002 on: 04 February, 2017, 04:02:11 am »

Doc: hmm, I'm not sure when the manga started, only know it was a light novel at first.

Seems legit, I'm hoping to swing for a "sculpted with no mouth" type deal, mute bars seems like a fun run

I guess you have to at that point don't you, the art seems mostly good at any rate.

Do it
I just got into the series Tanya the evil, seems good, you might like it? (Alternate universe WW1, with mage units, and the main character is a reincarnation of someone from our (?) World modern day... It reminds me of fullmetal alchemist in a way...)
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #26003 on: 10 February, 2017, 10:53:30 pm »

Okay, just finished Hero Academia. It was really good! I'm a sucker for inverted super hero tropes. I like that the plot can go to really unexpected places at times, like All For One just showing up suddenly and ruining everyone's day. But there are other times where it gets a bit predictable.

Favorite moment in the manga:

Deku going shounen and "Instead of giving 100%, giving 1,000,000%!" and super punches the bad guy.

Cut to a week later. Reality ensues.

Dr: I'm afraid you've sustained horrible damage to your arms. If you ever punch with your arms again you will probably lose your ability to use them.

*Picture of Deku's horribly **** up arms*

The DnD group is actually has a guy with no eyes, but can see anyway. Like, literally, there aren't even eye sockets. At first I thought the guy was psychic, but then when my character tried to read his mind he got nothing. I even blew a spell slot and tried to dig deeper but got nothing. Really curious about what that's all about. Bards can be all types though. They can be magicians, athletes, ect. Don't have to be all about singing.

I think I might read Berserk next while I'm on a manga high. I've heard good things, but never read it myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26004 on: 11 February, 2017, 03:03:30 am »

Doc: well I think it's safe to say you're farther then me in academia then. I'm on vol 6/7.

Well that's concerning, I wonder how he do that... I would go full music though, try to play with a 1 man band setup, full charisma, and no talking at all, like notes to gm style.

._. Berserk is good, unless you're rattled by overly dark themes. (Raep, murder, child soldiers/prostitots, mental illnesss, and an excess of gore). As long as you can ok that stuff It's worth the time. Watching the first movie could give you an inclination one way or the other (It's on netflix).

I will say this about Berserk, it adds context to the whole big sword guy idea, showing why it got so big, as Guys is OG GS  hero. Also the art is gorgeous

« Last Edit: 11 February, 2017, 03:09:06 am by The Necrostar » Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #26005 on: 13 February, 2017, 05:05:51 pm »

Ooooooooh.

Sorry about them spoilers. ._.

One man band bards are great! Though I think going the game without talking would be tough. Also during times of heavy RP it might get a little boring or frustrating. Like when the party is trying to get information from someone and they're asking all the wrong questions, but you know what the correct question is. Gets a little angering. (We had a confrontation with the Big Bad last week, and apparently he doesn't like lying bards so he turned me into a worm. Cue 15 minutes of me being out of the game talking-wise.

I've read a bit of it so far. Yeah, it's kind of a tough read so far. Not sure how far into it I'll be able to dive. I just got to Gutts joining Griffin's group. The art is beautiful when it's not **** up.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26006 on: 13 February, 2017, 05:38:10 pm »

Doc: no big deal, context matters way more than events.

I enjoy the gendo pose moments of silence though, besides, I can't lie if I cannot speak. I shall communicate with a series of head mods or shakes only, or through drums...

Was guts a kid already? I can't remember if that is shown before the band of the hawk starts or not. Oh geez, if you're not sure now, you might wanna stop before the trolls, or the horse... or sloan... or the faerie children.

Also, I think you might be read a bad translation, or your auto correct is betraying you

(As an aside, we recorded a bit of podcast prototype, it might be a thing soon... or maybe not)

Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #26007 on: 16 February, 2017, 07:06:30 pm »

Under known languages, just put "Sign Language". It's also great because you can turn you session into impromptu charades. And then during the one big moment in your campaign, you can pull a Silent Bob. I do feel like CoS helped me prepare for DnD though. What can you creatively do with a very limited powerset?

Yeah, too late unfortunately, I already got through some of the really messed up stuff. About halfway through and I've seen the translations spell his name about 5 different ways already. What's the generally accepted translation?
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26008 on: 16 February, 2017, 09:26:32 pm »

Doc: I mean, I could do that, but the added "doesn't know sign" is so funny to me, but I might have to go that route if I get the chance. You mean DnD, or in general?

Sure you have, sure you have. Guts is the word of God answer, any variation of Gatsu is considered infinitely  wrong

Unrelated, I started reading a manga about a guy whose obsessed with zombies, then he makes 1 using an ancient book that might be Santeria ... I will update as I go.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #26009 on: 23 February, 2017, 06:57:55 pm »

Instead of "Sign Language", you could just go with "Lewd Gestures" instead. See how far your team can go in creating a language based entirely off of variations of "the bird".

So just finished up Berserk and might need a break from manga for a bit. Geez that stuff was heavy.

That manga you're reading sounds interesting though. What's it called?

*Currently revisiting the glory that is Legend of Dragoon"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1730 1731 1732 1733 [1734] 1735 1736 1737 1738   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: