Ultimate Paradise
18 March, 2024, 09:29:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Clash of Smash Gym

Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 1733 1734 [1735] 1736 1737 1738   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clash of Smash Gym  (Read 122107 times)
Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Username: Doc
Mood: Tired

Still Technically here

« Reply #26010 on: 23 February, 2017, 11:06:59 pm »

Doc: Not a bad idea....

I can't say I blame you for that, apparently they're selling berserk at Barnes and noble now, there goes my money/shelf space... Also the Berserk game drops this week I think...

Um... lemme look it up, it's called Sankarea, I'm only like 4 chapters in though, it could get bad Idk

*nice*
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #26011 on: 27 February, 2017, 06:43:59 pm »

Geez. That's gotta be rough. I can't imagine the art covers for Berserk make it easy to buy them in-stores either. I've heard they can get pretty racey...

Let me know how it goes. If it's decent 20 chapters in I'll have to give it a look.

I've started playing a game called Pillars of Eternity which let's you make an entirely customized party of six.

Current Party:

Gaffit: Human Priest
Rief: Elf Rogue
Lotus: Nature Elemental Druid
Drake: Dragon Fighter

+ 2 story Characters.

Hoping to add Dr. Beta and either Thaum Cigruta or Alpha when I get done with the Story folk.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26012 on: 27 February, 2017, 09:33:40 pm »

Doc: I was there today, they already have the first 5 volumes... so far the covers are just guts, but if you're curious they shrinkwrap them closed. (I haven't bought any of them btw)

I think it's 50 chapters total so 20 in might be far.12 in, there's 3 zombies so far, 1 is human, and they have to eat a certain thing to stay alive/lucid. I think this might just be another shikabanehime type story...

Oh I've heard of that game
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #26013 on: 27 February, 2017, 09:36:42 pm »

Ah, gotcha. I go to Barnes and Nobles to pick up manga and comics every once in a while and they usually have their covers out in the open. Luckily the only manga I buy is One Punch so I don't have to worry about risque covers too often. (Very first-world problems I'm realizing as I type this out)

I had to google the word shikabanehime. It means... zombie harem?

So far so good. Kinda hoping it picks up later on but we'll see. Any games you been playing recently?
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26014 on: 27 February, 2017, 10:28:44 pm »

Doc: ah... You can imagine the looks I get when I buy monster musume or my girlfriend is a trex, both of which are hilarious, monster girl series.

It's like "corpse monster princess", but thats close in a thematic sense, the anime was ok

I've never actually played it. Um... binding of isaac, a little happy dungeon, and the dishonored 2 slog. (To be clear the game is fine, but ghost pacifist as first run was in a word, unwise)
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #26015 on: 13 March, 2017, 08:05:50 pm »

Ugh, at that point I'd probably just go ahead and buy 'em off Amazon.

One thing I really hated about Dishonored 1 was the lack of pacifist run options. You had the tranq and teleporting but that was it. Whereas you got to see all kinds of cool **** being done in the Murder Them All Run. It would've been nice if the options were half-and-half or something.

So we picked up the Nintendo Switch! So far it seems like we got one of the perfect ones that doesn't have any terrible flaws. Zelda is a fun as hell game!
Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dustin (Formerly)
Mood: Sad

Derp it!

« Reply #26016 on: 14 March, 2017, 11:14:06 pm »

Yeah I got really lucky with my Switch too, no wifi troubles, Joycons work fine, does not scratch itself.  Zelda is pretty amazing and such a time sink but great.  You get any other Switch games?
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26017 on: 15 March, 2017, 12:25:33 am »

Doc: nah, i think its funny sometimes with how they react to some books. Ive got everything from 70yo lady looking at me like a heathen, to some 25ish girl be all like "Do you read Junji Ito?" As im buying a copy of Gyo (a Ito book).

Yeah, they got more pacifist stuff in 2, like domino and shadow puppet or w/e. Im at like chapter 8 of like 11 i think? It introduces a new gameplay element, and i was like, i need a full day to save scum this thing.

Good to hear u2 got good units, im waiting for more to ship b4 i buy one. I hear every game is good, but 1 2 is too much $ for the gameplay

Yo Lex, welcome back to the graveyard
Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #26018 on: 15 March, 2017, 03:31:34 am »

Junji Ito... that's so weird, just the other day I overheard a pair of gals at the commons talking about Uzumaki.  Probably just coincidence but I wonder if he's gaining more western popularity.

Super Bomberman R LOOKS good but I hear it has some serious lag when playing online that can ruin matches, but Konami said they are fixing it.  I really wanna get it but not until the problems are worked out... but at week 2 the prime discount will be gone... that's tough yo.  1, 2 Switch really shoulda been a pack in.  Not sure if there are much more games out besides that. X3

But hai gais. :3  From one graveyard to another M I right?  I just remembered I forgot about this place (though I'm still active on the other site) and decided to pop and see if it was still going... things really slowed down here, did not think the RPs would have died about the last time I visited.  Got a PM from DavidK back in 2015ish saying he was worried how things were going which I only just saw... guess he was right to be worried. :x  I really should come back more often, but this website (not you guys)... is weird for me... not sure how to describe it...

Anyways I'm rambling. X3  How are you guys, how u been? :3
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26019 on: 16 March, 2017, 02:46:37 pm »

Doc: well that was actually where the conversation went, uzumaki and such i mean. As for if hes gaining ground his books are getting hardcover releases in stores so maybe? ?he was also involved in the recent shin gojira movie wasnt he?)

I think there's like 9ish games on it right now total right?

Well, there's still about 10 people on board each day, maybe 2 of which look in here, it gotten quiet to be sure.
I try to log in whenever someone else posts and I check the open boards each day. I get that, other people have had similar problems in the past.

Lol.

Ive been better, but I've been worse. How about you?

Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #26020 on: 19 March, 2017, 04:44:04 pm »

Huh I wouldn't mind getting a hard cover of Uzumaki and finally reading that, that'd be pretty cool. :3  No idea about Shin Godzilla though, havent' even seen it, I just hear that it doesn't really fiz the problems the new western version had. X3

As for the Switch, there's less retail games than that, but more games total I believe, since it has some eshop stuff, like a number of Neo Geo ports.  I mean Zelda's all I need right now, but something new would be nice. X3  Might get Blaster Master Zero.

I think because I was so young when I was on this website, and went through such a weird time in my life (and honestly this place wasn't good for my and I wasn't good for it) whenever I'm here I just remember being a lonely near drop out teenager just wanting to belong and trying way too hard. X3  Could probably write a paper on all my feels towards this place, just might.

Sorry to hear things have been not so great. ;~;  I hope the good are outweighing the bad?  As for my I'm doing alright, it's been a very weird past couple of months, kind of stressful between car repairs, appliances breaking, power lines being ripped from the house and having to get repairs for that, was sick and missed a ton of class... weird stuff.  But since I was last here I have transferred from a college to a university, now have an actual job, and been doing nerd stuffs with people like DnD, so life's not so bad. :3
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26021 on: 19 March, 2017, 08:49:07 pm »

Doc: its a trip to read, thats for sure,i think ch8 is my fave if its the 1 i think it is. THAT would depend on what you think 2014s problem was. Shin is probably the closest Godzilla gets to being a horror movie, yet is somehow also satire.

I mean like, non ports, but yeah Zelda is the solution atm.

I think a good few brawlers were/are something along those lines. Write it, even if no one reads it but you, ill probably be worth it.

Well im a pessimist, so no, not really, but its an anglerfish type situation anyway. That does sound like quite the arc, whats with the power lines?

Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #26022 on: 20 March, 2017, 01:17:55 am »

Ooh, just looked it up, those new hardcovers are really cheap, should get me Uzumaki so I can read it over the spring break. :3  As for Godzilla 2014, my biggest issue was just the lack of Godzilla. X3  He was in like, what, 3 scenes?  Hardly got to see him.  Got a movie about SOME GUY and I wanted a movie about GOD DANG ZILLA. X3

Non ports... you gots Zelda (as we know X3 ), 1,2, Switch! (cool idea but $50?  My lady balls), Super Bomberman R (looks good, bit spendy, online needs a patch) Snipperclips (this actually looks great I just wish I had someone to play with), Blaster Master Zero, Fast RMX, VOEZ... Just Dance... 8 games that are not ports. X3  You were pretty much right yeah.  Should be some more stuff coming out soon, looking forward to ARMS.

I think I will, after finals... if nothing else just to get my thoughts out there. X3  Probably embarrassing but who cares about that at this stage in my life. X3  But yeah, the more I think about it I doubt my experience was is that different from other members.

Anglerfish... type situation... is that like a TVTropes thing?  I have never heard of that before.  Or does it have to do with an actual angler fish?  Still yeah things ahve been weird. X3  We had some tree trimmers over, not licensed ones, just trying to take care of this one tree, but they screwed up so bad they took the powerlines down with a branch, partially destroyed the roof too, so we were without power and interest for a while, sucks when you are a student. X3  Destroyed the family computer too, but thankfully I just got a new laptop.  It's mostly taken care of now, but it was a freaking mess at the time. X3
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #26023 on: 20 March, 2017, 04:38:33 am »

Doc: yeah it was like $18 for the whole anthology when i got it. I sorta figured thats what you'd say, all
i can say is that he not in most of the movies that much honestly. Related note, Kong skull island is worth the money, and worth sitting through the credits for the extra bit.

ARMs looks good, but im more waiting for splatoon2.

i think in that regard, its great almost no one is still here, means they might've found something worth leaving for, you know?

Ah right, that doesn't make much sense unless you manage to stumble on what is probably a very obscure song (wow, that reads super pretentious).  Basically, you only miss the light if the darkness is sudden.

that right there is why you always go licensed, accountability.

Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Derp it!

« Reply #26024 on: 20 March, 2017, 04:56:41 am »

Are there only three books in the anthology?  I only saw three when I looked for Usumaki, but I suppose there could be more, but 3 books for 18 sounds like a good enough deal already. X3

And was Godzilla not much in the past movies either?  I could believe that, it has been a very long time since I saw any of them.  I think my favorite was a more child friendly one, like Son of Godzilla, so maybe my memory of the films is not exactly what most were like. X3

I was going to wait for Splatoon 2, if not Super Mario Odyssey, but I got a Switch for about 100 bucks so I need something after Zelda. X3

I suppose I can get what they mean... but that more sounds mean to the people who are here. X3

Ohhhh I get what you mean... that's still sad. X3  You need to inject yourself with some rainbows!

And you are right, but (eventually) our home owner's insurance did a good job handling everything.  Was a headache but is mostly taken care of, just need a cheap new comp for the parents. X3
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 1733 1734 [1735] 1736 1737 1738   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: