Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 10:39:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Clash of Smash Gym

Pages: 1 ... 1723 1724 1725 1726 [1727] 1728 1729 1730 1731 ... 1738   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clash of Smash Gym  (Read 122358 times)
Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #25890 on: 14 October, 2016, 05:44:26 pm »

Noice! I'll ping him when I get started. I gotta make a couple more games first so I know what I'm doing. Right now I'm in the middle of a sequel to Pong.

Huh, that sounds interesting! I'd assuming it'd use the usual CoS cast?

Speaking of the cast, I see that you, David and Nik are still around. Anyone else dropped by?

(And please do! "gaffit" is also my Steam name if you have an account there)
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Username: Doc
Mood: Tired

Still Technically here

« Reply #25891 on: 14 October, 2016, 05:50:35 pm »

Doc: allow for a few days transit.

well yes and no, right now i have 2 physical test decks, one is Nik, and the other is a comic/manga character imade for the sake of popularity and shame. the discussion is on page 1720 in this topic i think, so 7 pages back?

um... i think a duck posted recently (dmax iirc)

(i can probably do that...)

Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25892 on: 14 October, 2016, 06:04:13 pm »

Understandable. Let me see if I can magically summon them.

*Pulls a megaphone out Toolbox*

Nik! HEY NIK! DMAAAX! WE HAVE FREE PANCAKES ALL DAY!

*Pulls dusty pancakes out of Toolbox*

Actually these might not be good anymore.

Huh, the idea for that card game sounds pretty interesting! But I've always been terrible at them so I might not be the greatest judge. One things I've always liked about CoS is finding a way to creatively use one power, so maybe we could incorporate that somehow? For instance, in the video game I'm imagining, you start off with two basic powers. When you gain a new Ability Point, you can either unlock a new power, or spend it in researching the potential of one of your existing powers, unlocking sub-abilities. But that would probably be difficult to implement in a card game.

(Gotta jet for now. Dinner calls. Will see you around! Either on here, steam, or Xbox)

Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25893 on: 14 October, 2016, 11:16:42 pm »

Doc: sorry about that, had to take a 5 year old trick'n'treatin'.

... alternatively, you could send an xbl msg/ email to them

well the card game is kinda rock paper scissors atm, granted a more complicated version, but yeah (we can talk about that when im not on a wiiu though) thats a good idea you got there, i'd endorse it.

(sent friendies)

Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25894 on: 15 October, 2016, 01:31:22 pm »

Trick or Treating on October 14th? Seems a bit early.

I actually don't see too many folks on XBox Live anymore. Maybe it's just cause my XBone is just a youtube machine.

But for sure, I wouldn't mind discussing strategies with you about the card game. It sounds fun! So from your description, each character would be a separate deck? And glad you like the idea for the game. It would probably be very simple side-scroller, ala Terraria.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25895 on: 15 October, 2016, 02:03:34 pm »

Doc: its one of those special events at a ...well not a theme park ...or a tourist trap... its kinda hard to explain if you've never been, its a  old world walkabout place, imagine an amish theme park... thats holds a huge spooky marathon every weekend in october

finally bought a bone in the last few weeks myself, still haven't played any games on it yet

yes, but you could combine decks if you wanted (giving your Nik deck a dmax attack card b/c of its effects for example)
i still play terraria from time to time
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25896 on: 15 October, 2016, 03:26:58 pm »

Ooooooh! That makes sense. Yeah, when I was a kid it was the old haunted golf course.

The XBone is a pretty good system. If you're lacking in games, don't worry, Games for Gold every month will ensure that you are just buried in them within a couple month. My current jam is Elite Dangerous. Saving up for a fightin' space ship so I can be a pirate.

That sounds pretty interesting. You'd have to be careful with balance though to make sure one combination isn't too powerful, even if it is rock-paper-scissor style.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25897 on: 15 October, 2016, 09:25:51 pm »

Doc: yeah, this one is greenfield village, which is basically part of the henry ford museum. the 5 year old couldn't have cared less btw...

i mean, i have like 40 games on it already, what with backwards compatability and the deal i got buying it. so i've got some choices (haven't played anything on it though, just mass loading stuff on it.

well, if my plans work for it, balance shouldn't be a problem (technically it's more like rps with 4 options, and cross ups but yeah.)
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25898 on: 17 October, 2016, 04:45:24 pm »

Damn, the one I went to was in Indiana. I'm based out of Atlanta these days so the only haunted thing around these parts is General Lee's grave. Who was the kid you were rolling with?

I remember when I got my console I got it with the Master Chief Collection. After I downloaded it I got an email from Comcast asking me to stop using my internet for the rest of the month.

I always prefer a system where everything is so incredibly broken, that everyone has an equal shot.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25899 on: 17 October, 2016, 11:00:25 pm »

Doc: ...lee is spooky though... the kid is my niece(whom is some kind of special needs as well)

nice... i got the gears/rare replay bundle, and got recore free,.. and bought fallout4,.. and AoT,.. and sunset overdrive for$5...

well i don't mind broken systems either as long as their still function and are fun.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25900 on: 18 October, 2016, 11:12:17 pm »

D'aw, glad she's getting a good Halloween at least!

I got the same Bundle! Didn't get Recore though. I've heard amazing things about that game. I'm just gonna have to wait until it comes out on Games for gold. Sunset Overdrive is a pretty fun time. Kinda on the difficult side though just cause aiming is built to be a pain.

True. I find that although broken systems can be enjoyable, they don't always work out on the competitive level. Something is always most broken.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25901 on: 19 October, 2016, 01:03:52 am »

Doc: yeah, at least theres that.

decent deal to be sure, i kinda hope ark ends up on games for gold soonish actually, since my computer can'r run it... that said, i'll probably get around to playing the xbone soonish, still got a game or two to chew through first. (Lost planet 3, and maybe the  fallout 3/nvegas)

gonna build that ultimate deck someday,.. Nik, Dmax, and Marcus cards,.. its gonna be gross... (not that i know what the dmax uniques will be yet...)

edit: vomitting in CH about cards, don't feel like you need to look but if you're interested in what im thinking about for them, or want to know what a "Lop" is, its there
« Last Edit: 19 October, 2016, 05:09:57 am by Rad Slime » Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25902 on: 19 October, 2016, 08:49:42 pm »

Stuff like that makes me miss being a kid.  Going door to door demanding candy was the dream.

As long as it's free, I will basically download any game off of Games for Gold.  Those games on your list are pretty long, definitely worth the play through though. Next March is going to be awful though. Mass Effect Andromeda, Persona 5, and LoZ. So many games...

Dmax skill: Puppet Master: Choose one of your opponents character decks. The next time that deck requires a reshuffle of any sort, you get control of it until the next re shuffle. (Or something)

Oooh, I'll head over there when I get a chance
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25903 on: 19 October, 2016, 09:23:41 pm »

Doc: its still viable for short adults to do, or so i've heard.

im a bit more picky about it, no need for me2 grab the sports or car games for example. i've actually played through both of the fallouts b4, just figured its worth another look before i go for 4.  i can agree with 2 of those, not a persona player myself, hear good things though, not ever planning to play em', but i hear.

...wut? that is super broken isn't it?

no reason to rush, there'll be more to "see" the longer you wait
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25904 on: 20 October, 2016, 04:45:38 pm »

Yeah, I don't think I've ever actually completed a Fallout Game. I just play the hell out of them for awhile and then quit. Which is weird because I will farm an Elder Scroll game for content like a gold miner. The Persona Games are very interesting. It actually took a lot of convincing from my wife before I finally played Persona 4. But after that I was hooked.

Well, I kind of assumed that broken was the name of the game. Maybe that's too broken though?

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1723 1724 1725 1726 [1727] 1728 1729 1730 1731 ... 1738   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: