Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 10:03:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Clash of Smash Gym

Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 1731 1732 ... 1738   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clash of Smash Gym  (Read 122346 times)
Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Username: Doc
Mood: Tired

Still Technically here

« Reply #25905 on: 20 October, 2016, 10:41:38 pm »

Doc: Ok Dom, whatever you say (joke)

well i'd just like to put the toys together before i break them i guess? (internally, the decks seem fair to me, breaking will surely occur when they get mixed)
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #25906 on: 21 October, 2016, 07:13:18 am »

Seems like a reasonable approach to building a game. I usually start off with it broken and then fill the cracks in. Easier to fix something that's broken than it is to build something working.

So what's new in your neck of the woods?
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25907 on: 21 October, 2016, 01:31:50 pm »

Doc: thats probably true, but i dont ever seem to take the easy road on these things.

...um ...not much really, might go get a  driver's license soon i guess, you?
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25908 on: 21 October, 2016, 05:36:57 pm »

Different styles work for different folks so it's not necessarily the easy road, just the one that works for me.

That's cool! Renewing or first time license? Not a whole lot going on for me. Married life is pretty chill , but other than that, same old same old. Work and vidga games
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25909 on: 21 October, 2016, 11:18:48 pm »

Doc: true enough

first license (never really wanted to bother, still don't honestly).sounds chill.   Oh, i guess i have been grewing my music library lately (bought like 30+ albums in the last few months)
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25910 on: 24 October, 2016, 10:38:56 pm »

Eh, driving is pretty damn cool. Nerve-wracking at first, but it's shocking how quickly it becomes normal. And then if you ever do motorcycles you go through the same thing all over again.

Nice! What kind of albums did you pick up? Ninja Sex Party has been my jam recently.

Hosted my first game of Mass Effect D6 yesterday. Went pretty well up until one of the Krogans came across two Vorcha beating up an innocent Rachni in an alley, and then proceeded to join in on the beating.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25911 on: 25 October, 2016, 02:58:30 am »

Doc: eh, it just isn't something i have any real interest in.

welcome to the party on nsp then (so excited for the 2 new albums), I've been buying up and listening to; The Mountain Goats, Steam Powered Giraffe, The Cog is Dead, The Protomen, The Megas, new Abney Park, and probably gonna buy some of The Pillows soon as well.

I always wanted to try that out...  its good?
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25912 on: 25 October, 2016, 05:13:31 pm »

Yup, I just straight up bought all their stuff. The Mountain Goats, The Protomen (where is that damn Act III!) and The Pillows are all amazing! Haven't heard of those others though. By association to NSP, TWRP is incredible!

Mass Effect the game or Mass Effect the tabletop? The video games are very good. I think cumulatively I've bought them all around 2-3 times now.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25913 on: 25 October, 2016, 07:05:12 pm »

Doc: i think i got on the nsp train around S&C so yeah they're amazing for sure, the mountain goats thing was kinda your fault actually (you  posted one of their songs a while back and i saw it while looking for something), i also cannot wait for act 3.

If i may make a case for you to look into stram powered giraffe, they are a fallout music-ish, robot styled, steampunk band. they've got like 5-6 studio albums atm, and they did the musc for the game steamworld heist.

(an example, not my fav song by them, but good still, would recommend "the suspender man" or "i'll rust with you")

Oh, i own the games, its more the tabletop im interested in hearing about your thoughts on.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25914 on: 25 October, 2016, 08:51:22 pm »

Had to go 17 pages back into my post history. No Children? That's the song that originally got me into that band. **** that song hits hard as a truck. I think The Protomen were supposed to release a short film at some point? I'm not sure if that's come out yet, but it'll take place from Light Up The Night all the way to The Fall

Hmm... I actually really like that song. I'll check out their other works. Which of their albums would you recommend?

For tabletops, this is only my second experience with them, and the first time GMing, so I'm a terrible person to ask. I just prepare like crazy and try to throw in as many curveballs as I can because if I keep the players confused, they won't realize that I'm confused. So far it's gone well. But I'm finding the best way to keep my players interested is by making them give their characters crazy motivations, personal quests, and backstory. That way they want to see how their characters story unfolds and will hopefully stick with it. But like I said, not a lot of experience so I'll have to keep you informed as to whether or not it all comes crashing down around me.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25915 on: 25 October, 2016, 10:18:33 pm »

Doc: yeah thats the one... i eventually found myself listening to beat the champ on youtube, then i was only amazon buyig like 10 cds... yeah, a trailer for that just came out last week i think?

assuming that all of them isn't a fair answer (all but the latest album are on their youtube channel) i would say 2¢ show  if you want just 1 to try em out, but they are all good (i haven't got the new one yet tho) ...this profile is a spg character actually... very cthugha meets Hexxus...

(as antangentially related aside, i've also gotten into The Darkest of the Hilside Thickets "recently", lovecraft punk rock... has a song that i think is 100% a Helpheus song)

i look forward to the fate of the teslaburg then.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25916 on: 26 October, 2016, 05:26:05 pm »

Ha, I had a friend that ended up giving me just about every Mountain Goats album there is and demanding that I listen to 'em all. I'm not complaining too much. The Protomen Trailer came out, yup. I guess I was just under the assumption that the movie was coming out soon.

Very interesting. Which album is your profile from?

Just make the safe assumption that my RP is all going down in terrible flames. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

On a side note, have you read the web serial Worm? It's written by a person named Wildbow and I recently finished consuming everything they ever wrote. Worm is an incredible story about a more realistic world filled with superheroes, and the main character is young woman that can control bugs.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25917 on: 26 October, 2016, 05:53:35 pm »

Doc: well the trailer says coming soon, so maybe?

its from "vice quadrant" their space opera, though necro is only in the background for most of it, apparently the fandom think that he will be a big part of their next concept album, or rather "the necronaut" will be. (man, i could do some things with a necronaut)

but the fire is exciting.

never heard of it, but i feel like my identity was stolen... controls bug eh? i'll probably pass then, bugs are mad gross
(the song, for context)

Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #25918 on: 26 October, 2016, 09:08:22 pm »

Ha, I dunno man, I think the only real advantage to a necronaut is not needing to breathe in space.  Wink I'll see if I can give that a youtube listen thoug, it sounds good.

You might still like, the main character thinks bugs are mad gross too. She spends quite a lot of time designing her costume so that bugs don't actually touch her. It's mostly a good story about how to use a power very creatively. She punches way above her weight class because everyone is constantly underestimating "the bug" girl. The first person she fights is a guy who's basically the Hulk, but on fire, and instead of a Hulk, more of a dragon. And she manages to beat him. Wildbow also wrote Pact, an Urban-Fantasy Horror story, and Twig, a Bio-Punk Victorian story. Both good too.
Report Spam   Logged

Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Local Mod
Legendary Member

Still Technically here

« Reply #25919 on: 26 October, 2016, 09:26:26 pm »

Doc: i kinda like the other kind of necronaut too though, like the constantine kind.

hmmm... where does this exist?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 1731 1732 ... 1738   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: