Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 03:31:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AoB Gaiden 2: The Lunar Monolith (Editing Continues!)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoB Gaiden 2: The Lunar Monolith (Editing Continues!)  (Read 5039 times)
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« on: 07 August, 2008, 08:39:50 am »

Blue: Agh, it's you.

Reese: M-Mr. Bancroft! Uhm...you're looking good today...

Mel: Spare me your empty flattery, boy. Now tell me, where do you think you're going with Penelope? She is forbidden to leave the hall!

Reese: *quietly* W-well, we were just..

Mel: SPEAK!

Reese: Aaah! *trembles*

Blue: We needed some information from her was all.

Mel: Is that so? What kind of information?

Blue: We came here to ask her if she knew anything about the whereabouts of my friends. They're lost, so me and Reese here set out to find them.

Mel: Hmm, go on.

Blue: As it turns out, she had seen one of my friends, and was about to tell us where he went, that is until you came and scooped her up. So you, that's why we just had to break her out of the hall. The lives of my friends may depend on it.

Mel: I see. That's quite the tale you just told me. And I think it's very noble of you to set out in search of your lost comrades.

Blue: Thank you.

Mel: So Penelope, have you told Blue what he needed to know?

Penny: Uhm..yeah.

Mel: Very well then. Blue and Reese, you may go. As for you, Penelope; you're coming back with me to continue your punishment!

*Mel grabs Penny's arm*

Penny: Aah! But why!?

Mel: Despite their valiant cause, you still need to learn your lesson in respect.

Penny: That's not fair!

Mel: I believe it is very fair, Penelope. Now come along, back to the hall with you. And this time, I'll be watching after you myself so you won't escape.

Penny: *struggles* No! Ergh!

Reese: Penny...

Blue: Hey, come now, don't you think you're being a little too hard on her?

Mel: Hm?

Penny: Blue?

Blue: I mean, locking her in that room all day like some kind of animal. What's that supposed to teach her?

Mel: Hmph. It's supposed to teach her to remain diligent in her studies and respect the wishes of her elders and the way of the healer.

Blue: But--

Mel: If I let her rambunctious behavior go unpunished, she will only get the idea that she can do as she pleases without any consequences. This, I cannot allow.

Blue: Any why not?

Mel: Eh?

Blue: If Penny doesn't want to be a healer, that's her choice. Who are you to make those kinds of decisions for her?

Mel: Who am I, you ask? I am her father! And she will do as her father commands of her.

Reese: Well now you're just being unreasonable!

Mel: Silence!

Reese: Eep!

Blue: No..he's right. Penny has the right as a human being to live her life how she wants to. And you can't make her do otherwise. I don't care whether you're her father or not.

Penny: Guys...

*Penny's eyes begin to tear up*

Mel: You...how dare you tell me how to raise my daughter! Let her live her life how she wants? Don't make me laugh. I let my eldest daughter Prima choose her own path in life, and look where she ended up. She became a wild and untamable child that ran away from home. I have no idea where she is now, or if she's even still alive.

Blue: What...

Mel: And that's why, I made a promise...to my wife, that I won't let our Penelope go down the same path. I will see to it that she becomes a great healer one day even if it kills me!!!

*Mel's body erupts with light power*

Reese: Agh! What power...!

Mel: And if you intend to stop me, even if it means abdicating the way of the healer, I will destroy you!

Blue: Man...he looks pissed...

Reese: Yeah, no kidding! Penny, do something about your dad, would you!?

Penny: *annoyed* Well what do you want me to do? He never listens to me!

Blue: Then...we have no choice. We'll have to use force!

Reese: Blue!!

Mel: Ha, you think you can challenge me? Very well. I'll show you that even a healer can be dangerous!

*Mel prepares a spell*

Mel: Ray!!!

*A ball of light appears in the air over the group*

Reese: Blue, how about a shield?

Blue: No dice, it'll smash right through it. We have to evade.

Reese: But--

Blue: Now!

*The ball of light begins raining down light beams the spread in multple directions. Blue grabs hold of Reese and the two dodge the beams together*

Reese: Phew, thanks Blue.

Blue: ...That was too close...

Mel: So you avoided my Ray, did you? Then how about this?

*Mel prepares another spell*

Mel: Photon!!

Blue: No..not Photon!

Reese: What? What's Pho--

*Before Reese can finish speaking, a cage of light ensares Reese and traps him within*

Reese: Aaagh!

Blue: Reese!

Reese: G-get me out of here, Blue!

Blue: Hang on! I'm coming!

Mel: It's too late!

*The cage explodes, attacking Reese with a converging blast of light. Heavily wounded, Reese falls to his knees, and then collapses on the ground*

Reese: Ugh...darn..it...

Blue: Reese! No!

Mel: Heheheh, not bad, huh? Light Magic does indeed hurt.

Blue: You...I'll get you for that!

*Blue prepares a spell*

Blue: Thunder Arrow!!

*Three balls of lightning form around Mel, surrounding him*

Mel: Hm? What's this...?

Blue: Mmph! Do it!

*A massive bolt of lightning strikes down on Mel, breaking away the very earth with devastating power*

Penny: Blue!!

Blue: Huh?

Penny: *annoyed* What are you trying to do, kill him? That's my dad, remember!?

Blue: Oh. Eheheh...sorry about that...

Penny: *sigh* *facepalm*

*When the dust clears, there is no trace of Mel where the spell took place*

Blue: What? He's gone? He couldn't have been vaporized, could he...?

Penny: Vaporized!?

Blue: Oh, uhm...don't worry, Penny. I'm sure he's...just fine...*sweatdrop*

Mel: Yes. In fact, I'm feeling great.

Blue: What!?

Penny: Blue, behind you!

*Before Blue can turn around, he is struck with a hard blow to the back that knocks him to the ground*

Blue: Agh! ...That hurt...

*Blue struggles to get up, but the damage from the attack renders him unable to move*

Blue: Urgh, damn. I can't...get up....

Mel: Ha, now that you're down, it's time I finished the job.

Blue: Hey...we're beaten. Why don't we just leave it at that, huh?

Mel: Hmm...okay. I suppose I could at least retain some of my healer values and spare your lives.

Reese: Phew.

Mel: So instead, I'll report you to the proper authorities!

Reese: Wait, what!?

Mel: Oh yes. I think attacking "defenseless" healers will put you away for a long time. Come along, you two.

*Mel reaches out to grab Blue and Reese when a strange object knocks his hand away*

Mel: Ugh! What was that...who struck me?

Penny: Over here!

Mel: What!?

*Mel looks over to see Penny twirling her spinners*

Mel: You! What are you doing with those!? I took them from you!

*Mel looks down at his pocket to find it empty*

Mel: No! They're gone!

Penny: Heehee, that's right. While you were playing with Blue and Reese over there, I snuck on you and nabbed them without a trace. Pretty slick, eh?

Mel: Hmph, so my daughter's not only a violent beast, but a thief as well.

Penny: It's not stealing when they were yours to begin with!

*Penny twirls her spinner and lashes it out, striking Mel in face, drawing blood*

Mel: Ergh! ...Blood. Penelope, how dare you attack your father. For that, I'll double, no, triple your punishment!

Penny: I don't think so! Try this on for size!

*Penny begins to twirl her spinners rapidly over her head. The spinning starts to stir up wind*

Mel: What...

*The wind begins to pick up, growing more fierce until turning into a tornado that surrounds Penny. It expands, and Mel is caught in the updraft*

Mel: Ngh..Penelope! What are you doing? Stop this now!

Penny: No way! Now it's time I taught you a lesson respect! ....Spinning Tornado!!!

*The tornado carries Mel up and launches him into the air. He is then hurled into the wall of the healers hall. The force of the blow cracking the building slightly*

Mel: Aaaagggh!! D-defeated...by my own daughter. ...Forgive me...my wife...

*Mel falls to the ground unconscious*

Penny: Ha! That just proves that not even Penny's dad can withstand her might! I'm the best there is!

Reese: Penny, you did it! You saved us!

Blue: Thank you.

Penny: Aw, don't thank me. I was just glad to have been able to show that blowhard what for! Man, that felt good!

Reese: You said it, Penny. Your dad really needs to chill. Like maybe go smell the flowers for a bit.

Blue: But I think you deserve the thanks, Penny. If it wasn't for you, we'd be in the middle of a jail cell right now.

Penny: Aw shucks. *blushes*

Blue: Well..I think it's about time we took our leave. We've wasted enough time here. Let's go, Reese.

Reese: Yeah. Take care, Penny. We'll visit you again someday.

*Blue and Reese begin to make their way out of town when soon after, Penny begins to follow after them*

Penny: Guys, wait!

Blue: Hm?

Reese: What's up?

Penny: I...I want to come with you!

Reese: You do!? But..why?

Penny: Well gee, anything's better than staying around here. And besides *solemnly* I want to..help Blue...find his friends. *blushes*

Reese: Hey, that's okay with me! Blue?

Blue: ...Sure.

Penny: Ah! Really!? <3

Blue: Of course. We could always use an extra hand around. And those healing arts of your should come in real handy down the road.

Penny: Uhm...

Blue: Speaking of, I have this nasty scratch on my arm. Do you think you can heal it up for me?

Penny: But Blue...

Reese: Go ahead, Penny.

Penny: *sigh* Alright.

*Penny attempts to heal Blue's wound, but instead...*

Blue: OUCH!!! What was that all about!?

Penny: I'm sorry!

Blue: You were supposed to heal my wound, not make it worse! Geez!

Penny: I tried to tell you! I...don't really know any healing spells...

Reese: Oy, well I can't say I'm surprised. You never study, Penny. Ah well, at least we still have our medicines...

Blue: Great. A healer who can't heal. Now I've seen everything.

Penny: Eheheh...*sweatdrop*

*And so, Blue and Reese, now joined by their new friend and companion, Penny; leave Ackland Town from the northern gate to follow the trail of Jawo and continue their search*

End Penny SubArc
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: