Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 07:14:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AoB Gaiden 2: The Lunar Monolith (Editing Continues!)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoB Gaiden 2: The Lunar Monolith (Editing Continues!)  (Read 5006 times)
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« on: 07 August, 2008, 03:57:08 pm »

~~On the Road~~

Penny: *happily humming* Hm hm hmhm hmhm hmm.

Reese: Wow Penny, you sure are happy.

Penny: You betcha, Reese. It's been so long since I've been out of Ackland, how could I not be happy!?

Blue: That's understandable. If I were you, I wouldn't wanna be cramped up in that healer's hall day after day either.

Penny: Yeah, and now that I'm out, I can finally let loose my awesome fighting skills! Bring anyone on! I can take em!

Blue: Heh, I think Jawo might disagree with you, Penny.

Penny: Who's Jawo? ...Oh! He's the one with that silly looking sword, huh? Pfft! Who are you trying to kid, Blue? I can take him anyday of the week! I'll give him a smack *punch* and a thump *punch* and the ol' wumpa dumpa! *punches*

Blue: Gee, Penny. You sure are...spirited. (Something tells me those two won't get along so well...)

Reese: Well at least you can always count on her to make things interesting...

Blue: I guess. So Penny, just where is this next town anyway?

Penny: I'll give him one of these too! *punch* Ha! Take that, Jawo! And I've won! Yay!

Blue: *sternly* Penny...

Penny: Oh, sorry. So uhm...what did you want?

Blue: The next town. Where is it?

Penny: Oh right. The place we're heading for is Belden Town. If we keep heading in this direction, we should be there in no time.

Blue: Belden Town, eh?

Penny: And speak of the devil, it's right over this horizon! Come on! Let's hurry!

*Penny runs ahead of the group*

Reese: Penny, slow down! *sigh*

Blue: Well, you heard her, Reese. Let's go!

*Blue runs ahead*

Reese: Blue! Ugh..not you too...

*The three make their way over the horizon and arrive in Belden Town, just in time for sundown*

~~Belden Town~~

Penny: Ah ha! We made it! Now let's go find this Jawo. I wanna let my spinners go wild on him!

Reese: Penny, we want to find Blue's friends to reunite them. Not beat them up...

Penny: Yeah yeah, I know.

Blue: Hmm, the sun's starting to go down. I think we should stop her for tonight.

Penny: Stop here!? Aww...

Blue: We don't have a choice. You should know that's its too dangerous to travel around at night.

Reese: Yeah, that's when all of the really strong monsters come out...

Penny: Strong monsters? Ha! I'll show them! Compared to me, they're nothing!

Blue: NO Penny...

Penny: Hmph.

*The group arrives at the front of the local inn*

Blue: Well, here we are. Let's go purchase a room and get some rest.

Penny: Rest!? But we haven't eaten yet! I'm starved! Let's say we go get some grub first.

Blue: Hmm, I guess you're right. I could use a bite to eat too.

Reese: So what's the deal, Blue?

Blue: Okay, we'll do this. Reese, I want you to take 100 gold and get us a room. Meanwhile, me and Penny will go to the market and shop for dinner.

Reese: Will do.

*Reese takes 100 gold and heads inside the inn*

Blue: Alright, Penny. Let's go.

Penny: Yeah!

*Blue and Penny reach the market area and begin shopping around for food*

Blue: Hmm..what should we get for dinner, Penny?

Penny: How about some beef and potatoes?

Blue: ...I was thinking more of a chicken and potatoes. Maybe with some string beans on the side...

Penny: Why not get both?

Blue: Okay then.

Penny: Great, I'll get the potatoes, you go get the meat. See ya later.

*Blue and Penny split up and scour the marketplace for their respective food items*

Penny: Hmm...now where are those potatoes...?

*Penny looks around*

Penny: Ah ha! There they are!

*Penny heads over to the potatoe cart, but when she gets there, she finds someone already there. A strange man in a blue cloak, wearing sunglasses and carrying a scythe*

Mercenary: *humming* Ah, these potatoes look fresh. I think I'll just grab a few...

Penny: Hey!

Mercenary: Hm?

Penny: You're in my way. I want some of those potatoes!

Mercenary: Oh, excuse me. I'll only be a minute.

Penny: *angrily* Mmmn...

*Blue walks over*

Blue: Hey Penny, I got the meat. Did you get the potatoes?

Penny: Well I would, if this guy would just get out of the way!

Blue: Huh? What guy?

Penny: That guy!!! *points to the mercenary*

Blue: Wow, he looks cool.

Penny: Argh! That's not the point!

Blue: Oh, I know. You just have to be patient and wait your turn.

*The mercenary puts together a bag of potatoes and ends his session at the stand*

Mercenary: There, all done!

Penny: Well it's about time!

Mercenary: My apologies if I took too long. It wasn't my intent to cause any trouble, as rare as that is. Hahaha!

Blue: Nah, it's okay. It wasn't any trouble at all. Penny here is just a little impatient.

Penny: Hmph!

Mercenary: Ah, patience is a virtue, dear Penny.

Penny: Don't you preach to me!

Mercenary: Hah, suit yourself. Oh hey, I don't believe we've met. My name's Matt, but you can call me Shadow. I'm a mercenary.

Blue: A mercenary, huh? That's pretty cool. Oh uhm, my name's Blue. And as you already know, her name is Penny.

Penny: *reluctantly* Tsch, hello...

Shadow: Well I must say, it's a pleasure to meet you both. I'd love to stay and chat, but this food isn't going to cook itself. Farewell, Blue and Penny! Stay out of trouble! Hmm...on second thought..staying out of trouble isn't very fun...well, you get the idea! Later!

*Shadow disappears in a whirlwind of leaves*

Penny: I don't like that guy...

Blue: Aw, you're just being rude. But I'll admit, he does come off as rather...odd. Oh well, let's get back to the inn and make dinner.

Penny: Okay!

*Blue and Penny return to the inn and prepares dinner for the group. After getting a belly full of food, they retire to their room for the evening. Soon after, they fall fast asleep*

~~Later that night~~

*Blue awakens from his sleep and puts on his clothes. He's about to leave them room when the sound of his footsteps wake up Reese as well*

Reese: *Zzzzzzsnort* Hunh..uh...Blue? Is that you?

Blue: Yeah. I'm going out for a little bit.

Reese: But it's past midnight. Where could you be going at this hour?

Blue: Just to get a little fresh air. Don't worry about me. You just get some rest.

Reese: Mmm...okay. Just don't be out too long.

Blue: Sure.

*Blue leaves the room and climbs up to the roof of the inn. There he sits and ponders the midnight sky*

Blue: *sigh* Lilia...Jawo...wherever you two are, I hope you're safe...

Reese: Blue...?

Blue: Aaah! R-Reese!!!

Reese: Oh! I'm sorry..am I intruding...?

Blue: No, you just startled me was all. Didn't I tell you to get some rest?

Reese: You did, but I thought you might've wanted some company, so I came up here.

Blue: Oh, well...thanks.

Reese: Of course. So uhm...what were you thinking about?

Blue: Just my friends...

Reese: You're worried about them, aren't you?

Blue: Yeah, I can't stop wondering if they're okay. I mean..what if they're hurt? Or starving? Stranded? Or who knows what else? This feeling of uncertainty is killing me.

Reese: Blue, you have to stop worrying.

Blue: Huh?

Reese: You have to believe that they're okay, wherever they may be. You have to have faith in them; that they can survive on their own.

Blue: You're right, Reese. ...Maybe I should have a little more faith in them.

Reese: Now that's more like it.

Blue: But for some reason, I just can't stop thinking of them.

Reese: That's okay! That just shows that you care for your friends. I'm sure, that wherever they are now, they're thinking of you too.

Blue: You think so?

Reese: I know so! They're probably wondering if you're safe too. So let's hurry and find them, to show them that you're alive and well.

Blue: ...Yeah.

Reese: Oh hey, lookie there!

Blue: Huh?

*Blue and Reese look down at the ground to see Shadow walking through the streets by himself*

Reese: I wonder who that is. He looks pretty mysterious...

Blue: Hey...that's Shadow!

Reese: Shadow?

Blue: Yeah, he's a mercenary that me and Penny met at the market earlier today. But what could he be doing out here so late by himself...?

Reese: Hmm...maybe he couldn't sleep either, and came out to get some fresh air like us.

Blue: Maybe..or maybe not. Whichever, I know there's definitely something strange about him...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: