Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 02:03:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AoB Gaiden 2: The Lunar Monolith (Editing Continues!)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoB Gaiden 2: The Lunar Monolith (Editing Continues!)  (Read 5035 times)
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #30 on: 23 August, 2008, 12:00:27 pm »

*The following morning, Blue and the others awaken and regroup outside the inn to discuss their next plan of action*

Jawo': So Blue, what's on the agenda for us today?

Blue: Well, first order of business: We catch that Shadow!

Jawo': Hah, I thought as much. So how're we going to do it, huh?

Reese: Maybe we could set up a trap for him?

Blue: ...Nah, too easy. He'll get out of that in no time.

Penny: Yeah, we need something more intricate. Like a decoy!

Blue: Hmm...a decoy, you say? Not a bad idea...

Jawo': But what kind of decoy would work on him?

*The group ponders through several ideas, except for Lilia's who's still half asleep*

Blue: ...Darn. I can't think of anything at all...

Jawo': Agh, me neither...

Blue: How about you, Lilia? Could you think of something?

Lilia: *yawns*

Jawo': Huh?

Lilia: *groggy* Mmmmn...

Blue: Lilia...?

Penny: Don't worry, Blue! I know what'll get her attention!

*Penny claps her hands in Lilia's face, effectively knocking her out of her trance*

Lilia: Aaiiiiieeeeeee!!!

Penny: Hah! That did the trick!

Lilia: Ungh...*wipes eyes* Sorry guys. For some reason, I'm just really out of it this morning...

Reese: Gee, did you not get enough sleep last night?

Lilia: Ah! Uhm! No! That's not it at all! I mean...I was only up for a little bit. Wait! No! I mean...I was asleep just like the rest of you! That's right!

Blue: Lilia...I think there's something you're not telling us... *crosses arms*

Lilia: What!? How could you say that, Blue!? I'm most definitely didn't follow Shadow to the cemetery last night if that's what you're thinking! I mean, how silly is that!? *forced laugh* Ha ha ha!

Jawo': WHAT!?

Lilia: Uh oh.

Blue: You...followed Shadow...to the cemetery?

Penny: What was he doing there!?

Lilia: Ah! Uhm...I..I just remembered! I need to...to...to go find Jawo's hat!

Reese: Jawo's...hat?

Lilia: Y-Yeah! I mean, you know how he's always misplacing that darned thing! That Jawo' is so loose with his belongings, when will he ever learn!? Anyway...gotta go! Bye!

*Lilia zooms off*

Reese: But...Jawo's hat is on his head...*rubs head*

Blue: *yells out* Lilia! Wait! Where are you going!? We're supposed to be coming up with a plan to capture Shadow, remember!?

Lilia: *yells back* Good luck with that!

Blue: *yells out* But Lilia!!!

*no response*

Jawo': She's gone...

Blue: *sigh* What is up with her today...? *shrugs*

*And so the group continues to concoct their own plan to capture Shadow without Lilia's help. They proceed with their plan only to have it end in utter failure. Later that day, with a tasteless defeat on their belts, the group returns to the inn and calls it a day early*

~~Later that night~~

*After the rest of the group has fallen fast asleep, Lilia awakens and quietly slips out of bed*

Lilia: Heh, great. They're asleep. Now then, I wonder if I can find Shadow again...

*Lilia gears up and heads out to the inn roof. Once there, she perches on the edge, keeping a close lookout for any signs of Shadow*

Lilia: *looks around* Hmm...come on, Shadow... Where are you? You've gotta be around here somewhere...

Shadow: ...You looking for me?

Lilia: Huh!?

*Lilia slowly turns her head to see Shadow standing directly behind her*

Shadow: Hey there. *waves*

Lilia: Uwaaaaaah!!!

*Startled, Lilia flails around in a blind panic and loses her balance; about to fall off the edge of the roof*

Shadow: Whoa! Relax!

Lilia: Aah! Wh-wh-whoaoaoaoaoah!

*Lilia loses her footing and falls off the roof, but Shadow grabs a hold of her in the nick of time and brings her close to him, wrapping her tightly in his arms*

Lilia: Uh!

Shadow: Hey...you alright?

Lilia: Uhm...*blushes*

Shadow: ?

*Lilia abruptly pushes away from Shadow*

Lilia: Ah! Keep your hands to yourself! Don't touch me!

Shadow: Gee, that's some way to thank somebody for saving your life. *rubs head*

Lilia: Well if it wasn't for you startling me like that, I wouldn't have needed saving in the first place!

Shadow: Meh, whatever you say. *shrugs*

Lilia: Hmph! *crosses arms*

Shadow: So, what did you want me to come here for anyway?

Lilia: Oh! Right...well...last night...I...

Shadow: Huh?

Lilia: Last night...I saw you going...into that cemetery...

Shadow: Wait a minute. Hold the phone! You're trying to say that you were stalking me last night!?

Lilia: Ah! Uhm, I'm sorry! I-I--

Shadow: Geez, how rude! Eavesdropping on a guy while he mourns like that. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Lilia: I...I'm sorry, Shadow. It wasn't my intention to pry...

Shadow: Well you certainly did a good job of that! What else do you know!?

Lilia: Well uhm, I know that her name is Misty. And...and that she was murdered...

Shadow: Mmn...

Lilia: Shadow...who was she...?

Shadow: ...*averts gaze*

Lilia: *sigh* It's okay. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I understa--

Shadow: She...she was my best friend...

Lilia: Shadow...tell me what happened. How did this happen to her?

Shadow: It...all started 2 years ago. Back when I was a student at the Kinnear Academy.

Lilia: Kinnear Academy? Hmm...I know that sounds familiar... Ah! Isn't that the school that Reese goes to? The one that's really a mercenary organization?

Shadow: That's right.

Lilia: I remember now. Headmaster Bringas told us that you used to be a student there some years ago. That is until you left to become a solo mercenary.

Shadow: So he did, did he? Well then if he told you that, then he must've mentioned how I was a star student.

Lilia: Hmm, yeah. I think he did, actually.

Shadow: Heh, figures. He was right though. I really was a star student back then. The top student, even.

Lilia: The top student, you say?

Shadow: That's right. I was the number one ranked student in the entire academy. I excelled far above my peers in just about everything. My combat prowess was unmatched, and I even excelled academically. I was a real prodigy, that I was.

Lilia: Ha ha. Wow, Shadow. No offense but...I don't really get that vibe from looking at you.

Shadow: Ha ha! No offense taken! I get that a lot, not surprisingly. Despite my exemplary performance, I always was a bit of a knucklehead. *scratches head*

Lilia: So...what happened next?

Shadow: Oh, right. So anyway, one day, I reported to the headmaster's office to recieve my new assignment.

Lilia: Assignment?

Shadow: Yeah. As you must know, we mercenaries'll take any kind of job we can get. The same works for the academy as well. Only the system is a bit more organized and refined.

Lilia: Ah, I understand. Please, continue.

Shadow: Alright. As I was saying, I reported to the headmaster to get my new assignment. But...

Lilia: But?

Shadow: But little did I know that this assignment...would cost me much more than just a failure mark on my record...

Lilia: ...

Shadow: But I wasn't to carry out my assignment alone. And so, I ended up taking Misty along with me for the ride.

Lilia: Misty? You mean she was a student at the academy too?

Shadow: That's right. Although, she wasn't just my classmate. She was one of my closest friends as well.

Lilia: Oh?

Shadow: Yeah, we've known eachother ever since we were kids. We did everything together. The two of us were pretty much inseperable! Whenever I had an assignment, she'd be the one I'd always take with me. And this time wasn't any different, unfortunately...

Lilia: Unfortunately...?

Shadow: Our assignment took us to the village of Tosua. For the past few weeks or so, it was being ravaged by monsters from a nearby forest, so they hired us to come take care of the situation. The mayor of the town informed us that the monsters only come out at night, so that was when we decided to face off against them. And before either of us knew it, night fell...

*Flashback to 2 years ago, Shadow(Matt) and Misty stand at the edge of the forest where the monsters lie, prepared to go in*

Misty: Well...here we are...

Matt: Really? Great! Let's go!

Misty: Huh?

Matt: Well what are we waiting around for!? Come on, Misty! Let's get in there! *walks forward*

Misty: Ah! Matt, wait!

Matt: Eh, what's the matter now?

Misty: We can't just waltz in there like that! We don't even know what we're up against!

Matt: What are you talking about, Misty? It's just forest monsters! We've dealt with their kind before. It'll be a piece of cake!

Misty: We don't know that! For all we know, these monsters could be of a breed we've never even seen before. I think it's best that we go in carefully, and try to study our opponents before facing them in battle.

Matt: What!? Bo-ring!

Misty: Aah!

Matt: I'm telling you, there's nothing to worry about! I mean, I AM the top ranked student at the academy afterall. There's no monster out there that I can't handle!

Misty: *sigh* Matt, that's exactly the kind of arrogant attitude that can get you killed. I came along with on this assignment so we could do it the right way, together. Not to babysit you the whole time.

Matt: Agh, babysit!? Why you... You don't know what you're talking about, Misty. Just watch, I'll handle those monsters MY way. With or without your help. *walks ahead*

Misty: Ugh! Matt! Wait! I'm trying to tell you that it's too dangerous!

Matt: I've heard enough, Misty! Either you're with me, or you aren't.

*Matt continues into the forest alone*

Misty: Matt! No! Ugh, why won't you listen...?

Shadow: And so I ignored Misty's words, despite knowing that she was right all along. But I was just too smug and prideful to admit that I was wrong.

Lilia: What happened after that, Shadow?

Shadow: I left Misty behind and charged head-on into the forest by myself. I was so dead set on defeating the monsters that I didn't even care what happened to her. Sentiments that I would deeply regret later on...

*Misty runs into the forest and chases after Matt*

Misty: *to herself* Oh man, where has he gone off to now? Doesn't he know that's he's going to get himself killed!? *sigh* I find it hard to swallow that someone so ignorant can be considered a "genius"...

*Meanwhile, Matt dashes through the forest far ahead of Misty*

Matt: *to himself* Oh, I'll show that Misty! There's not a being alive, man or monster, that can take down the number 1 mercenary! Those lousy monsters'll rue the day I was hired to take em down!

*Matt continues through the forest until reaching the supposed lair of the monsters*

Matt: Hah, this must be it! Yeah, I found it! Now it's time to kick some monster tail!

*As Matt prepares to enter the monsters' hidden lair, Misty grows discouraged in her search, and comes to a stop*

Misty: *panting* Hah...ha...I...I'm beat. I have to stop...and catch a breather...

*Misty takes a look around*

Misty: *sigh* It's so dark in this forest. Everything in here looks almost exactly the same. It's...it's like I've lost my sense of direction. Misty...what have you gotten yourself into this time? I'm just a simple healer, I shouldn't be out here alone. What was I thinking letting Matt go off without me like that...

thump thump

Misty: *gasp* W-what was that!? What was that noise!?

Thump thump

Misty: It...it sounds like footsteps...!

THUMP THUMP

Misty: Aah! It's getting even closer! I better get out of here before it's too late!

*Misty attempts to run away, but when she turns around, she comes face-to-face with an enormous black ogre, one of the monsters terrorizing the villaging*

Orge: Grrraaaaaaaaggh!!

Misty: !!!

*Meanwhile, Matt enters the monsters' lair, but he soon discovers that none of the monsters are there*

Matt: Alright you monsters, it's time to come out and meet your ma-- Huh? *looks around* What the--?

Lilia: Then what happened, Shadow?

Shadow: I entered the monster's hideout, but not a single monster was there. As it turns out, all of them were long gone before we even got there.

Matt: The monsters! They're...they're gone! All them! But then...where the heck are they!?

Shadow: And at that moment, I heard a terrible cry. A scream that would echo forever through my mind...

*Just then, a scream is heard far off in the distance*

??: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

Matt: *gasp* That scream! It...it sounded like...like Misty!! Hang on, Misty! I'm coming for you!

Shadow: I knew it had to have been Misty, and I knew that she was in serious trouble. So I turned around and ran back as fast as I could. But...but...

Lilia: Huh?

Shadow: I was too late...

Lilia: You...you mean...?

Shadow: *nods* She was gone...

*Matt arrives at Misty's location. There, he finds her lying on the ground, battered and mortally wounded*

Matt: Ah! Misty! No!

*Matt runs up to Misty and cradles her lifeless body*

Matt: Misty!? Misty! What happened!?

Misty: ...

Matt: Misty! ...Can you hear me!? Say something! Anything!

*Matt begins to lightly shake Misty's body*

Matt: Come ON, Misty! Wake up! Please!

Matt: No...this...this can't be happening. You can't leave me, Misty. You can't die on me now! You just can't! Not after everything we've been through! Please, Misty! Please!

Matt: Misty...

*Tears begins to well up in Matt's eyes*

Matt: MISTY! UUUUUAAAAAAAGGGGH!!!!

*End Flashback*
« Last Edit: 02 October, 2008, 03:58:18 pm by BlueAnnihilator » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: