Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 05:40:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AoB Gaiden 2: The Lunar Monolith (Editing Continues!)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoB Gaiden 2: The Lunar Monolith (Editing Continues!)  (Read 5020 times)
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #45 on: 19 September, 2008, 04:48:21 pm »

Lilia: Shadow!

Shadow: Hey, well if it isn't Lilia. What a pleasant surprise.

Lilia: Shadow, I can't believe you're up to your old tricks again!

Shadow: Eh?

Lilia: After everything I've done to try and help you, you come back and do this to us? How could you!?

Shadow: What are you...Oh...that. Hey, let's leave Misty out of this, ok? She's got nothing to do with anything.

Lilia: What?

Shadow: I'm here because my thirst for an epic battle still remains.

Lilia: Epic battle? Are you insane!? This isn't the time nor the place for you to be seeking cheap thrills!

Shadow: Heheh. Oh Lilia...

Lilia: Huh?

Shadow: See, this little game of good and evil you got going on here, I don't care two figs about it all. All I care about...is the conflict...

Lilia: Conflict? What are you babbling about!?

Shadow: Hmph, I didn't think you'd understand. Not that I have to explain myself to you anyway. Now then, would you kindly move aside? You're not the one I want to fight.

Lilia: ...Shadow...*clenches fist*

Shadow: Hm?

Lilia: I won't do it!

Shadow: What?

Lilia: I kept thinking, hoping that you might have changed! But you haven't...

Shadow: I would think that was obvious at this point.

Lilia: Shadow...I won't let you! I won't let you do this! If you want to stand in our way, then I'll have no choice but to fight you myself!

Shadow: You, fight me? Hah, well, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

*Shadow draws his scythe*

Shadow: Let's get this over with, shall we, Lilia?

Lilia: ...Now!

Shadow: Huh?

*Suddenly, a faint crackling noise is heard. And then, a blast is engaged upon Shadow's back*

Shadow: Guoh! Agh...it happened again... What is that!?

Lilia: How did you like that paper bomb, Shadow? I made it just for you!

Shadow: What? A paper bomb!? But, I...when--!?

Lilia: While you were so busy picking on my friends, I was here stealthily attaching these paper bombs to your clothing.

Shadow: Ugh! No!

Lilia: Hah, and you didn't even notice a thing, did you? Your arrogance really shows alright.

Shadow: Lilia...why you...!

Lilia: *waggles finger* Ah ah ah!

Shadow: Hn?

Lilia: Those paper bombs are still plenty active, I'll have you know. One wrong move and kaboom! You're blown to bits!

Shadow: Tsch, not a problem! I'll just get rid of them!

Lilia: You really think you can?

Shadow: Well I don't see why not. All I have to do is take it and--

*Shadow reaches out for a paper bomb on his shoulder. But when his hand draws near, it explodes*

Shadow: Gyaaagh! Uugh!! W-why!?

Lilia: *sigh* I tried to tell you. Try to remove a paper bomb manually by hand and it'll detonate anyway.

Shadow: What...?

Lilia: And even if you don't, I can set them out with just a snap of my fingers. Face it, Shadow. You're done.

Shadow: Heheheh...

Lilia: Huh?

Shadow: Well done, Lilia! It appears you've forced me into a corner! Now I have no choice but to concede defeat.

Lilia: Does that mean you'll finally give up chasing up now?

Shadow: Are you kidding me? No way!

Lilia: What?

Shadow: If anything, this just makes me wanna come back for another round! You guys have definitely gotten better since our last meeting! If you continue to progress like this...well...I'll have one hell of a fight on my hands! Hehehe, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

Lilia: Shadow...but--!

Shadow: Until next time, Blue and friends! Toodles!

*Shadow happily waves to the group as he disappears in a whirlwind of leaves*

Lilia: Shadow! Wait! ...He's gone...

Jawo': Tsch, he's finally pissed off. Good riddance, I say.

Lilia: But...Jawo', I...

Jawo': Huh? What's up?

Lilia: Uhm...nothing. It's not important.

Jawo': Alright, if you say so...

Reese: Phew! I'm sure glad that's over! Let's say we get out of here, huh?

Lilia: *nods* Mhmm.

Jawo': Yeah. I guess I'll carry the sleeping beauties over here.

*Jawo' grabs Blue and Penny and slings them both over his shoulders. The group then returns to the mansion and inquires the healing services of Mel*

~~Mel's Mansion~~

*Back at the mansion, Mel heals the groups various wounds one after another. Finishing up with Jawo'. He then wraps gauze around his chest and back area*

Mel: There, that should do it. You're all better now.

Jawo': Thanks, I really owe you one.

Mel: On the contrary, lad, you don't owe me anything. It is my duty as the Great Healer to restore and maintain the health of those in need.

Jawo': Oh, is that right? Well, thanks anyway.

Penny: *angrily* Mmn...

Reese: Penny, is something the matter?

Penny: I'll say! Damn that Shadow! Who does he think he is, using a cheap trick like a sleep spell!?

Reese: Uh...*rubs head*

Penny: Hah! I'll bet he did it because he was afraid of what I'd do to him! Tsch, figures that he didn't wanna fight me for real! Haha!

Reese: Erm...sure. Whatever makes you happy, Penny...*sweatdrop*

Mel: Speaking of Shadow, there's something I want to know...

Lilia: Hm? What is it?

Blue: I think I might know.

Lilia: Blue?

Blue: You want to know who he is, and why he's after us, right?

Mel: Exactly right, Blue. I find it odd that this strange character would just appears from out of nowhere and attack without provocation. You kids have been up to something, and I want you all to explain yourselves right now.

Blue: *sigh* Alright. Shadow is a mercenary...hired by a man named Ko--

Penny: Uhm...hold that thought!

Mel: Eh?

Blue: Penny, is something up?

Penny: Blue, can we talk in private for a quick second?

Blue: Uhm...sure. Why not?

Penny: Good! Let's go!

*Penny drags Blue to another so that they can talk alone*

Blue: Now then, what is this all about?

Penny: Blue! You can't!

Blue: What?

Penny: You can't tell my dad about this!

Blue: Uh? But why?

Penny: Isn't it obvious!? You know how my dad is! Blue, if my dad finds out about what I've been up to all this time, he'll never let me keep traveling with you guys!

Blue: But Penny, I--

Penny: If I'm forced to stay behind tomorrow, I'll never be able to save my sister!

Blue: Penny, what are you talking about?

Penny: Blue, don't you remember what Deke said to us?

Blue: I...

Deke: Once she's not longer useful to us, she will be killed. Hopefully I will be able to do the honors.

Blue: Penny...

Penny: Don't you understand now!? She doesn't know what she's getting into! They'll kill her if she's allowed to stay with them! Can't you see that!? I can't let that happen! I just can't!

Blue: Hmm...

Penny: So please, Blue. Please! I'm begging you...don't tell my dad...

Blue: ...Alright.

Penny: Huh?

Blue: For you, Penny, and for Prima, I won't tell him anything. You have my word.

Penny: Ah! Thank you, Blue!

*Penny hugs Blue and squeezes him tight*

Penny: Mmmmm!! <3

Blue: Ungh! *strained voice* P-Penny! You're crushing me!

~~Meanwhile, in ??~~

*Shadow returns after yet another unsuccessful attempt (or lack thereof) at capturing Reese*

Shadow: *whistling*

Kovah: Shadow...

Shadow: Oh, hey boss! What's shaking?

Kovah: Where is he!?

Shadow: Who?

Kovah: Don't feign ignorance, you lout! Where is Reese!? I thought I told you to retrieve him!

Shadow: Oh, right, that. Well you see, I kinda got sidetracked and...

Kovah: You didn't get him....

Shadow: Well...no. Eheheh, sorry... *rubs head*

Kovah: ERRAAAAAAAAGGGGH!!!

*Kovah slams his fist into a nearby pillar, punching right through it*

Shadow: Woah!! Calm down!

Kovah: Grah! Useless! Every one of you!

Deke: Kovah...

Kovah: Silence, Deke. It's just one blunder after another with you simpletons. I've had enough of your constant failures!!

Deke: Then allow me to go, Kovah! I assure you that I am much more reliable than that mercenary.

Shadow: Hey, I'm right here, you know...

Kovah: No, Deke. Not this time.

Deke: Hm?

Kovah: As they say, if you want something done right...you have to do it yourself. *clenches fist*

Deke: But Kovah! I...we--!

Kovah: What? Do you mean to say that I'm not capable of handling this task? Or perhaps you mean to suggest that I would lose to Blue and his companions. Is that it?

Deke: N-no. Not at all...

Kovah: Good. Remain here. I will return shortly with my prize.

*Kovah disappears*

Deke: Mmn...*glares at Shadow*

Shadow: Phew. Who put a bee in his trousers, huh?

*Without provocation, Deke swings his axe at Shadow, pointing it directly in his face*

Shadow: Yow!!!

Deke: *coarsely* Shadow...

Shadow: Watch where you're swinging that thing, huh! You could put an eye out!

Deke: Kovah may not be able to see through your veil, but fortunately for us, that doesn't apply to myself.

Shadow: What are you talking about?

Deke: Don't play dumb with me, mercenary. I know very well that you have the strength and ability to easily secure Reese if you so wished it. So why didn't you do it?

Shadow: Mmn...

Deke: You didn't even try to capture him, did you?

Shadow: Tsch. So what if I didn't?

Deke: Hmph, I knew it. So what are you true motives, mercenary? What really brought you here? Because I know full well that it isn't to further our goals. *shakes head* No. You filthy sellswords are always playing some kind of crooked angle.

Shadow: As if it's any of your business.

Deke: Fool.

*Deke quickly returns his axe to a standing position. Afterwards, a small slash mark appears on Shadow's cheek and begins to bleed*

Shadow: Guh...

Deke: I don't know what kind of game you're playing, what kind of scheme you're pulling. But if you think that you can keep pulling the blanket over Kovah's eyes and continue to hinder our plans, then I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken.

Shadow: ...

Deke: Heed my warning, whelp. If you even think of betraying Kovah, I'll spare no effort in reducing you to a miserable pile of ashes.

*Deke turns his back and slowly walks away. Afterwards, Shadow lightly touches his wound and stares in disbelief*

Shadow: ...*averts gaze*
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: