Ultimate Paradise
10 July, 2020, 05:00:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AoB Gaiden 2: The Lunar Monolith (Editing Continues!)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoB Gaiden 2: The Lunar Monolith (Editing Continues!)  (Read 2717 times)
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #90 on: 16 June, 2009, 01:09:45 am »

~~Deir Lunisia: Surface~~

[The dark clouds that once loomed high over the world of Deir Lunisia begin to break apart at last, revealing a clear sky brilliant with blue elegance. The cold ice melting away under the warm embrace of the sun, showing first signs of the bright green grass sprouting from underneath. The entire planet begins to breathe life anew, symbolic of the end of Odexxia's dark influence]

Millie: Ah! Get a load of this, guys! The sun's coming out! And the snow...it's starting to melt!

[Overexcited, Millie dashes out into the expanding green fields, running around in circles under the light of the blue sky]

Millie: Yaay! Ha ha! Spring is here! Spring is here!

Zeldafan: But...what does it all mean?

[Bob walks up from behind, placing his hand on Zeldafan's shoulder]

Zeldafan: Huh?

Bob: It means...that Reese has succeeded.

Zeldafan: *gasp* You mean...he...he--

Bob: Hm. *nods*

Zeldafan: ...He won!! Yes! Reese did it! He defeated Odexxia!

[like Millie, Zeldafan expresses her joy and excitement by gamboling into the fields, prancing around carelessly]

Zeldafan: Wheeeeee! Ha ha!!

Silas: After so long, Deir Lunisia can finally begin a peaceful road to recovery...

Bob: Hm?

Silas: I owe every one of you a great debt. For had you not descended upon this world, none of this would have been possible. My son, especially. But alas, this means I must now take my leave of you...

Zeldafan: What...?

[Worried by Silas' words, Zeldafan hurries to confront him]

Zeldafan: Silas, what are you talking about? What do you mean you have to leave?

Silas: Have you forgotten so soon? It is my sworn duty to remain on Deir Lunisia until it is fully reborn. Even in this time of peace, that still remains true.

Zeldafan: But...

Silas: Even though I must now return to the Silver Spire to safeguard the planet in solitude, I have no regrets, for I will return far richer than when I left. For you see, I now know that one day, when it is restored, I can safely entrust it to the humans. And thanks to all of you, I know that day...will eventually come.

Zeldafan: But what about Reese...? You're the only family he has left...

Silas: Ah, but you are mistaken, Zeldafan...

Silas: Reese...has all of you, his friends. You're his family now. He...doesn't need me. He never has.

Zeldafan: I...I still can't believe you're just going to leave like this. You haven't seen Reese since he was a child. Aren't you at least going to say goodbye?

Silas: I...couldn't do that.

Zeldafan: What...?

Silas: It'll...be too hard on him, and myself as well. It's for the best that I just disappear from his life.

Zeldafan: But Silas...

Silas: It's okay though. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to see my son grow up to be the valiant young man that he is. So full of bravery and righteousness. My only regret now is...that I couldn't teach him these values myself. And that's why, I have a favor to ask of you, Bob.

Bob: Hmm? What is it?

[Silas hands Bob a folded letter from his pocket]

Bob: It's...a letter...

Silas: When you return to Earth, can you give this to Reese? I want him to know that...even though we may never see eachother again, that his father will always love him.

Bob: Yes, I will.

Silas: Thank you. ...Now, I must be going. Deir Lunisia still needs me.

[Saddened by Silas' inevitable departure, Zeldafan begins to shed tears]

Zeldafan: *sniff* Silas...I'll never forget you.

Silas: And neither will I, Zeldafan.

Zeldafan: From now on, whenever we play a game of Go Fish, I'll always think of you. *sniff*

Bob: Take care, Silas.

Silas: And you as well, Bob. Thank you for helping my son. I can be happy knowing that you'll be there to watch over him in my absence. I'm honored to have met such amazing people, and I promise I'll never forget the time we spent together.

[A column of blue light encircles Silas, dematerializing his body for transport]

Silas: Farewell...

[The column fades along with his body, as he's sent back to the top of the Silver Spire]

Zeldafan: He's...gone.

Bob: ...

[Finishing her frolic through the fields, Millie returns to the group, only to wind up confused by their gloomy expressions]

Millie: Huh...? Why are you guys so sad? And what happened to Silas?

Bob: Silas...had to go home.

Millie: Aww, he went home already? Well I hope we get to play with him again someday.

Zeldafan: *wipes tears* I do too, Millie.

~~Subterrain: 2nd Level~~

[Meanwhile, Kovah and his group dispatches the last of the underground dwelling monsters]

Kovah: *panting* Huff...huff... Pretty good, Deke.

Deke: You're not too bad either...

Prima: Hey, the monsters...they've stopped coming.

Shina: Huh...? Oh! You're right, Prima! I think we've taken them all out.

Kovah: Great. Then that means we've done all we can do now. The rest is up to Blue and the others.

Deke: Might I suggest we head back then?

Kovah: Yeah...

Shina: I just hope they're still hanging in there...

[With the monster horde subdued and their designated task complete, Kovah's group begins to make their way back up to the surface, when...]

Prima: ...Huh? Look! Over there!

Kovah/Deke/Shina: ?

[Prima alerts everyone's attention to the sight of Blue's party, appearing from the left pathway where they once descended earlier]

Shina: Blue!

Deke: Heh, so they made it afterall.

Kovah: Yeah! I knew they wouldn't go down without a fight!

[Kovah steps forward and signals to them with a wave]

Kovah: Heeeey! Over here, guys! Ha ha!

[After reuniting with Kovah's group, they all return the surface of the planet together, where the party prepares for the return trip back to Earth]

~~Deir Lunisia: Surface~~

[With everyone reunited again, Bob opens a portal leading back to Earth]

Bob: The gateway is ready, Blue. Earth is just a few steps away now.

Blue: Right. Let's get going.

Lilia: Finally, we get to go home again.

Jawo': We've been away for so long that I almost forgot what we came here for.

Penny: Well there's no point in standing around here, is there? Let's head back already!

Jawo': You're right, pipsqueak. C'mon! Let's go back to our world.

Lilia: Yeah. Back to everyone.

[The three pass through the gateway together]

Kovah: *troubled* Mmmn...

Shina: Huh? What's the matter, Kovah?

Kovah: Oh, Shina, it's just...even though the world's safe and all, I don't feel quite fulfilled, you know?

Shina: What do you mean?

Kovah: Agh. For the all the trouble he's caused for us over the years, I'm just disappointed that I didn't get to tear Odexxia's head off myself.

Shina: Kovah... None of that matters anymore.

Kovah: What...?

Shina: Odexxia is gone, and you finally have your soul back. Isn't that enough?

Kovah: Hmph. I suppose...

Shina: Good! Now let's go. After what happened, we've sure got a lot of catching up to do.

Kovah: Hmm...all right. Come on, Deke. It's time we went home...

Deke: Right behind you, Kovah.

Kovah: And you too, Prima! Move it!

Prima: *annoyed* All right already...

[Kovah, Shina, Deke, and Prima enter the gateway]

Zeldafan: ...I guess there's nothing left to do but go, right?

Millie: Hm! *nods* I wonder how my big brother's doing...

Zeldafan: Well we won't know til we find out!

Millie: Yeah!

[Zeldafan and Millie enter the gateway, leaving just Blue and Bob left]

Bob: Well, Blue, that looks like everyone. Shall we be off?

Blue: Yeah, let's.

[Bob and Blue proceed to enter the gateway, but come to a stop when they realize Reese is trailing behind]

Bob: Reese?

Blue: Hey, Reese. Aren't you coming?

Reese: Uhm...

Bob: What's wrong, Reese?

Reese: Oh, I don't know. It just wouldn't feel right to leave without at least saying goodbye to my father. But I couldn't find him anywhere...

Bob: Reese, Silas-- I mean, your father...thought it best that he left without seeing you.

Reese: What...!? But...why? I'm just now getting to know my real father...and he's already going to disappear from my life...? It's...just not fair.

Bob: Please understand, Reese. Silas knew that it would eventually come to this, so he left without a word to avoid putting any unneeded stress on you. I know it's not the nicest thing, but he only had your best interest in mind.

Reese: But...that won't make my memory of him disappear. I don't know about you, but I'll never forget him...

Blue: ...

Bob: Deep down, we all know that. And I'm sure Silas does as well.

Reese: ...

Blue: ...Reese, we should get going.

Reese: R-Right...

[Blue, Bob, and Reese enter the gateway as it closes behind them. Meanwhile, Silas looks down with a silent grin on the flourishing world from atop the Silver Spire, having witnessed his son's forlorn departure]

Silas: (Thanks to you, my son, this planet will survive. ...Are you watching in secret, my wife? Our child carries your strong spirit...)

[Having left behind the now peaceful world of Deir Lunisia, the party returns to Earth, arriving once again in the bustling port city of Lismore. The crisp sea breeze rejuvenates their spirits as they reacquaint themselves with the lands they call home]

~~Earth: Lismore City~~

Lilia: It's so nice being back in Lismore after so long, Blue! It's so wonderful to be able to smell the ocean on the breeze again...

Blue: Yeah, it really was a long journey... But we're back. With you, and everyone.

Jawo': Right! So let's say we get to the nearest bar and celebrate with a couple dozen rounds of Sprite, huh?

Lilia: *amused* Oh, Jawo'!

Blue: *annoyed* Hmph. Nice to see you have your priorities straight, Jawo'.

Lilia/Penny/Reese: Ha ha ha ha!

Jawo': Ugh, you guys. Why are you laughing!? It's not that funny!

Reese: Ah, sorry Jawo', but it's been so long since we've laughed so hard.

Penny: Yeah! Relax, bonehead! We're not laughing at you! We're laughing 'cause it feels good!

Lilia: Right. It really is nice to laugh together like this.

Jawo': Hmph! *crosses arms*

[Meanwhile, Millie leaves the group on her own and ventures into the city pier, until discovering her older brother tending to his boat. Overjoyed, she runs up to him and hugs him from behind]

~~Lismore City: Pier~~

Millie: Big brother!!

Brother: Whoa! H-Hey! What the--!?

Millie: Big brother, I'm so glad to see you again!

Brother: Oh! Millie, you made it back! I was worried about you, you know. So worried in fact, that I was going to take the ol' boat out and come looking for you myself.

Millie: Don't worry, bro. I can take care of myself now!

Brother: Huh, is that right?

Millie: Uh huh, and I went on the greatest adventure too! First, we went to the scary island and found gnarly sea monsters, then old people from the sky talked to us, and then we went into this temple and got trapped in this crazy puzzle, but Blue got us out of it, and then I smashed Kovah's foot and saved him, and then we ended up on another planet, and then we found Reese's dad, but I had to stay behind which was boring, but it's okay because then I got to play Go Fish with him, and then a huuuuuuge earthquake happened and then Spring came, and then we jumped through this portal, and now we're back here!!!

Brother: Uhm...wow sis, it sounds like you had, er...quite the time while you were away...*sweatdrop* (She always did have a wild imagination...)

Millie: Yeah! And I can't wait to do it all again.

Brother: Well sis, I know you had fun, but it's time to say goodbye to your friends and come home.

Millie: *sigh* Okay...

[As Millie is about to head home with her brother, Bob and Zeldafan approach the two on the pier]

Bob: Ah, Ms. Millie, there you are.

Zeldafan: Yeah, we've been looking for you. After we arrived in the city, you just took off without saying anything. Where've you been?

Millie: ...

Brother: So, I take it you two are friends of Millie's? Me and her were just about to head on home.

Bob: Oh, is that so? Hmm, I suppose you'll be leaving us then, won't you?

Zeldafan: Aw, that's too bad. And we were starting to become such good friends.

Millie: *sniff* It's not like I want to leave or anything... *rubs eyes*

Brother: Sis...

[Bob steps up to Millie and kneels down in on one knee, placing a hand on her shoulder and comforting her with a warm smile]

Bob: Don't fret, Millie. Our time together may be coming to an end, but it shall not be our last. You'll see. Next time, we'll go on an even bigger and better adventure.

Millie: R-Really...?

Bob: That's right. And maybe someday, I'll even let you join our little group.

Millie: *beaming* W-wow! You really mean it!?

Bob: Hm. *nods* And as a little parting gift, you can even keep the hammer I gave you. *wink*

Millie: Thanks, old man! You're the best!

Brother: Uhm...hammer? *scratches head*

Millie: Here! Let me show you! C'mon, Mega Magic Mallet!

[Millie calls on her giant mallet, making it appear in her hands from thin air. Taken aback by its sudden appearance, Millie's brother flounders backwards in pure shock]

Brother: *stupefied* Yaaaaaaagh!! What is that thing!? *points*

Millie: It's my Mega Magic Mallet! Pretty cool, huh?

Brother: B...But it's over twice your size! How can you even lift it!?!?

Bob/Millie: Shh! That's...a secret.

Brother: *blank stare* ...

[Back in the main area of the city, the party says their farewells, as Kovah's group prepares to part ways with Blue's]

~~Lismore City: Streets~~

Blue: I suppose...this gonna be goodbye for good, then.

Kovah: Yeah...but you never know. We may run into eachother again someday.

Blue: Hm...maybe...

Jawo': What do you mean "maybe", Blue? Of course we will! Right, Lilia?

Lilia: Right! *nods*

Deke: Let's just hope it's on friendlier terms next time.

Lilia: But I do hope we'll meet up with eachother again soon... Maybe then we can start traveling together again.

Shina: That sounds like a wonderful idea, Lilia.

Blue: Considering everything that's happened between us, I think it's best that we put this past experience behind us. There was nothing at all positive about it.

Lilia: Agreed.

Kovah: Oh, I think there is.

Blue/Lilia: Huh?

Kovah: Well for one, we wouldn't have had the chance to meet you guys, and we wouldn't have gone on this amazing adventure either.

Deke: We may have started out as adversaries, but we put our differences behind us in the end and came together as one. I believe that's what matters the most.

Shina: They're both right. I'm glad I had the opportunity to work with all of you. This has been one of the most valuable experiences I've ever had.

Kovah: I mean, sure, we almost killed eachother. But I think it was worth it, don't you? Heh heh.

Jawo': Heh, you've got a point there. Fighting with all of you was pretty exciting, I gotta admit.

Blue: I suppose you're right. In the end, we all made it out okay. That's what's really important.

Lilia: Ahh...! Mmn... (Shadow...)

Blue: Huh?

[lilia runs off unexpectedly, attempting to hide her lingering pain from the rest of the group]

Blue: Hey! Wait a second! ...What did I do?

Jawo': Lilia...

[As Bob returns from the pier, he takes notice to Lilia as she runs past him]

Bob: Hm...?

Blue: Bob, you came back.

Bob: Yes, just taking care of a little unfinished business was all. But is there something wrong with Lilia? She seemed to be upset about something.

Blue: Yeah... But I don't know what it could be...

Bob: Hmm... *rubs chin* It might just be a hunch, but I believe Lilia may have some deep-rooted guilt that she needs to overcome.

Blue: Guilt...?

Bob: Will you come? I'll explain along the way.

Blue: Uh? Ah, uhm...right. *nods*

Shina: Ohh...I see...

Kovah: ...Shina?

Shina: Blue, wait!

Blue: Hm? What is it, Shina?

Shina: Blue, if you're going where I think you're going, then may we accompany you there? That is, if it's not too much trouble...

Blue: Well, sure, I don't see a problem with that. I'm not sure where we're going exactly, but we can all go there together.

Shina: Hah, great! Thank you so much, Blue.

[Leaving Millie back in the care of her older brother, the party bids her a final farewell and sets out on their way. Continuing their post-journey adventure, the party backtracks to Holbech Town to visit an old friend...]

~~Holbech Town: Cemetery~~

[Returning to the town cemetery, Lilia crafts a burial site for the departed Shadow, planting his ownerless scythe in the middle in place of a headstone. Meanwhile, the rest of the party watches on in complete silence, leaving Lilia to mourn amongst herself]

Lilia: There. This is the only thing left I can do for you, Shadow. Now you and Misty can rest in peace together...

Blue: So...this is where is he ended up...

Lilia: Huh?

Blue: In all my wildest dreams, I would've never thought that someone as strong as Shadow would wind up here.

Lilia: *shakes head* Shadow may have seemed invincible on the outside, but inside, he felt more pain than any of us could ever know.

Blue: ...You were...really attached to him, weren't you?

Lilia: Hm. *nods* I trusted him. He was my friend. I knew deep down that he really wasn't a bad person. He was just...misunderstood.

Blue: I wonder... Did we ever really think about the true meaning of the things he said?

Lilia: ...What do you mean?

Blue: I mean, maybe we never realized the true feelings behind the way he joked around with us all the time. Perhaps...we should have trusted in him more. Like you did, Lilia. Maybe then we could've avoided all of this...

Lilia: ...I see what you mean. It's too late now, though... ...Huh?

[Blue kneels down in front of Shadow's grave, and begins to speak as if he's standing right in front of him]

Blue: You know, Shadow, I never had the chance to thank you for helping us find our friend. Had it not been for you, we may have arrived too late to save him... So... Thank you. For everything. ...If only we had met in another time and place, maybe we could've been...friends.

Lilia: Blue...

Blue: Come on, Lilia. I think it's time we left Shadow to rest.

Lilia: Right.

[After paying their last respects to Shadow, the party moves on once again. But before leaving, Blue stops to pass on his final thoughts]

Blue: All this time, I wondered in the back of my head whether you were friend or foe. But now, I think I've finally realized the truth...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: