Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 01:29:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Are you tired of people saying anime sucks?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you tired of people saying anime sucks?  (Read 627 times)
Ahriman
« on: 22 July, 2008, 08:33:29 pm »

Um, what is a weeaboo?
Someone who likes things from japanese culture a bit too much, like using stupid words such as "Kawaii" in a english sentence.
^this is the extreme version. Using Kawaii in a sentence doesn't make a weeaboo, though some people think it does.

It's the same as calling someone a nazi if they use a german word in a sentence.

And I'm basically fed up with people saying anime is for children, "becuz iz a cartoonz. Lulz u watch cartoonz nub u shud wach moviz with gunz and rap and bloodz lololol that iz adult olo"

I can point to MILLIONS of anime series not for kids.

Elfen lied
One piece
Naruto
BLeach
Tengen toppa gurren lagann
Love hina
Mahou sensei negima
FMA
Blood+
Fairy tail
The .hack series
Cowboy bepop
Shakugan no shana
Excel saga
puni puni poemi
Mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha

ANd tons and tons of anime are NOT for children. They deal with death, there's blood, tehre's ecchi, there are serious issues like abandonment, insanity, mortality, and so many other mature themes.

Saying anime is for kids, is like saying "Batman begins" is for 3-5 year olds. Retarded, unnecessary, and completely assidiotic.

Oh geez, where do I begin with this post?

Firstly, a weeaboo is, as SA2 posted, somebody that obsesses over Japan. And they do have a tendency to use Japanese words in otherwise english sentences that are totally pointless and out of place. Now, I ask, why would you use the word kawaii in place of an english word if you were not a weeaboo? That's doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

But more importantly, the second part of your post. I'm not going to go through each one individually, but most of what you posted are shonen, which means, well, the target audience is boys, as opposed to men. That's not to say anime is for kids, though, that's like saying TV is for kids because there are kid's shows on it.

And sorry if I sound like I'm being mean, I'm really not trying to be. The main thing is it bugged me that you said Naruto isn't made for kids. <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: