Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 07:53:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Are you tired of people saying anime sucks?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you tired of people saying anime sucks?  (Read 684 times)
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #15 on: 26 July, 2008, 05:18:49 am »

1. I can't really say, as I don't live in Denmark, Sweden, or Norway, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to assume the word has been more or less assimilated into common speech if so many people say it. This would be the same as using the word tsunami in English. It isn't an English word, but it's not abnormal to be using it. Kawaii, however, is not something used anyone I've ever met that...well, isn't a weeaboo.

2. Naruto is completely uncensored (I think >_>) in America and still has a rating of TVPG. Several of the other shows you listed have a TV14 rating, but my main point was against Naruto. I agree for the most part though.

1. It has, but it's the same thing. It's a word that isn't from ones own language. Okay, perhaps bad example... lets move back to my first example, with german. Was John F. Kennedy a nazi? He used german words in his speech. "Ich bien ein berliner" (Spelt rongg). He used the words Ich, bien and ein, words taht aren't integrated in english. If kawaii makes you a weeaboo, then Kennedy must have been a nazi times... three.

Again, not trying to be mean.. just using harsh examples <_<

2. Okay, Naruto isn't the most adult anime. But it's more serious than stuff like Captain planet, power rangers, Barney the damn dinosaur and other kid stuff.

And as to my knowledge, it isn't fully uncensored... they don't show most of the blood. You see a tiny trickle of blood, but in the original there was more blood.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: