Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 06:36:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Holy ****.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy ****.  (Read 195 times)
Ahriman
« on: 28 July, 2008, 08:27:58 pm »

I just watched End of Evangelion, and my head exploded in the process. That was probably the strangest movie I've ever watched. I have no idea whether it was awesome or terrible. <_< Dunno if anyone here has watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I decided to make a topic anyway. D:<
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #1 on: 28 July, 2008, 08:44:42 pm »

I thought it was a series.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #2 on: 28 July, 2008, 09:02:35 pm »

I thought it was a series.

It is. But what ended up happening is their budget ran out near the end, and the last two episodes weren't what they were originally planned to be, and instead full of flashbacks and such and nothing was resolved. So later they made a movie with the "correct" ending. But both endings are incredibly anti-climactic anyway. <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: 28 July, 2008, 09:05:37 pm »

I wiki'd it and saw there are two movies.

Are they both different endings, or are they both part of the same ending?
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2008, 09:09:49 pm »

The first movie was just a summary of the series up to episode 24.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: 28 July, 2008, 09:11:32 pm »

Oh.

I might watch the series sometime. But I don't feel like it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pleinair
TheDarkNerd
Knight

. . . They found me

« Reply #6 on: 08 August, 2008, 03:00:29 am »

Hnn? You don't feel like it? Well maybe I should say this:

It's a must-watch. Even if there are those who say it's a terrible series, or at the very least terribly overrated, it's still a must-watch series. It's influential. 13 years later and it still has strong popularity. Oh, plus it is an awesome series, especially when it gets to the later parts, where things seem to crumble and break down. So even if you don't feel like watching it now, to be able to call yourself a fan of anime you have to plan to watch this series. Director's Cut is optional, as is watching Death & Rebirth. End of Evangelion is part of the core experience though, so make sure you check that out after watching all 26 episodes.

Oh, and the four remake movies are in the process of coming out. Don't think you can get away with just watching them. The differences from the first one and the first part of the series are not all that big, but the previews for the next movie is making the differences look to be a lot bigger.
Report Spam   Logged

postCount++;
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #7 on: 08 August, 2008, 03:03:32 am »

It's a must-watch. Even if there are those who say it's a terrible series, or at the very least terribly overrated, it's still a must-watch series. It's influential. 13 years later and it still has strong popularity. Oh, plus it is an awesome series, especially when it gets to the later parts, where things seem to crumble and break down. So even if you don't feel like watching it now, to be able to call yourself a fan of anime you have to plan to watch this series. Director's Cut is optional, as is watching Death & Rebirth. End of Evangelion is part of the core experience though, so make sure you check that out after watching all 26 episodes.

Oh, and the four remake movies are in the process of coming out. Don't think you can get away with just watching them. The differences from the first one and the first part of the series are not all that big, but the previews for the next movie is making the differences look to be a lot bigger.
*Has seen all of the Evangelion episodes, but not EoE*

Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the biggest mind****s ever. Besides BoBoBo. End of Evangelion even more so.
Report Spam   Logged

A Duck
Dmax
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dmax the always adorable
Mood: Dead

ME!

« Reply #8 on: 08 August, 2008, 03:10:13 am »

i want to start watching that show. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #9 on: 08 August, 2008, 03:12:04 am »

Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the biggest mind****s ever. Besides BoBoBo. End of Evangelion even more so.

wat. Have you watched it or not?

And jeez TDN, it's been about a million years since you've been here. <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #10 on: 08 August, 2008, 03:15:15 am »

Hearsay. Also fapping to Nazis.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #11 on: 08 August, 2008, 03:16:45 am »

Hearsay. Also fapping to Nazis.

Alright, thanks for clearing things up.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: