Ultimate Paradise
02 July, 2020, 04:09:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AoB Gaiden 1.5: A Troubled Past (Complete)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoB Gaiden 1.5: A Troubled Past (Complete)  (Read 702 times)
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« on: 01 August, 2008, 04:33:07 pm »

*The two arrive in Tanjah town, a place just outside the eastern end of the Shura Forest. Upon entering, Yashu takes Blue to his house, a small cottage in the center of town*

Yashu: Welcome to your new home, laddie.

Blue: My...new home..?

Yashu: That's right. From now on, this is your home. I'll take you under my wing and raise you like you were one of my own.

Blue: *happily* Really? Thank you!

Yashu: No need to thank me, lad. This is just a favor from one kinsman to another.

Blue: Uhm, speaking of, why exactly are you doing all of this?

Yashu: Because, lad. I may be young, but I am very sick.

Blue: Sick?

Yashu: Yes. I carry a terrible disease that makes me very weak and drastically limits my supply of mana. And I must pass on my knowledge before it's too late.

Blue: What's mana...?

Yashu: You don't know? Mana is the life-energy inherent in all living beings. It can be found in people, animals, plants, and objects; and is the key element to sustaining life. If you were ever to run out of mana, you would die...

Blue: *gulp* Die?

Yashu: Yes. In that sense, keeping a watchful eye on your mana limit is very important. Especially if want to become a good magician. To mages, mana is everything. Without it, we cannot use magic. Do you understand all of this?

Blue: *nods* I do.

Yashu: Then come, let us begin our studies.

Blue: Okay!

Yashu: But first...here.

*Yashu throws Blue a red robe*

Blue: What's this for?

Yashu: Put that on. If you want to be a magician, you have to at least look the part.

Blue: Oh, I get it.

*Blue switches out of his regular clothing and puts on the robe*

Yashu: So, how's it feel?

Blue: Hmm, not bad, actually. I kinda like it.

Yashu: That's good. Because you'll be wearing it for your entire career. When I'm done with you, you'll be known as the Great...uhm..the Great...

Blue: Huh?

Yashu: In all of the excitement, it seems I've forgotten to ask your name. What is it, laddie?

Blue: Uhm, it's Quentin.

Yashu: Quentin? Eugh...

Blue: What's wrong?

Yashu: Quentin...it just doesn't suit you! That's not a name befitting a magician of your caliber. Find a new one.

Blue: A new one? Uhm, okay, how about...

*Blue looks around the room for ideas, he then looks down at his red garb*

Blue: Er, how about Red?

Yashu: Hmm, the Great Red....No. It just doesn't roll off the tongue. Try again.

Blue: Okay, if not Red, then how about Blue?

Yashu: What's with the colors, my boy?

Blue: *shrugs* I don't know. It just seemed convenient.

Yashu: Fine, let's see. The Great Blue....Ah ha! That's perfect!

Blue: You like?

Yashu: Yes! Yes I do! It has a nice ring to it, I must say. *Ahem* Then it's decided. Your new name will be Blue. Cherish it well for it will be with you forever.

Blue: Alrighty!

Lilia: Heehee, so that's how you got your nickname.

Jawo: Pretty slick, Blue.

Blue: Heheh, so anyway. With my new name decided, we finally began our training. But boy was I surprised when I found out I wouldn't be praticing magic.

Jawo: Huh? If it wasn't magic, then what was it?

Blue: It was...Martial Arts.

Yashu: Okay, Blue. Time to begin to first stage of your training.

Blue: I'm ready. So what's it going to be? Am I going to learn how to shoot thunderbolts? Or maybe you'll teach me how to quake the earth!

Yashu: No, none of that.

Blue: Huh?

Yashu: Today, you'll be learning the Martial Arts.

Blue: Martial Arts!? But..but that's not magic!

Yashu: I'm aware of that, Blue. But in order to cast powerful spells, your body has to be able to withstand the stress. That's why we're going to work on building your strenght and endurance. It won't be fun, but this is necessary in the path to becoming a magician.

Blue: *sigh* Fine. Let's just get it over with.

Yashu: Okay, then let's begin! Ha!

*Yashu steps foward and elbows Blue in the face*

Blue: Ugh! O-ow!!! My nose! *sniff*

Yashu: Come on, Blue! Fight me! You'll never become a great magician with that attitude!

Blue: Alright...you asked for it!

*Blue runs forwards and throws a punch, but Yashu sidesteps, causing Blue to miss and fall to the ground*

Blue: Hey, no fair! How am I supposed to hit you if you don't stay still!?

Yashu: Tsk tsk. Blue, you've much yet to learn. I have a feeling we're going to be at this for a while...

Blue: And he was right. We were at it for a very long time. I got off to a rocky start, but I slowly began to progress. Day after day I kept training hard, pushing myself to the limit. And it wasn't before long that I was able to keep up with Yashu and even get the better of him at times.

Yashu: Ready to try again, Blue?

Blue: Yeah!

Yashu: Then show me what you can do! Don't go easy on me just because I'm sick now!

*Blue runs up to Yashu and attacks with several kicks. Yashu is able to block, but only barely*

Yashu: (Hmm, he's gotten really fast. I'm not even sure if I can keep up)

*Yashu seeks and opening and throws a punch at Blue. Anticipating the attack, Blue catches his fist*

Blue: Hm!

Yashu: Ah! Impressive, Blue.

*Blue then counters by landing a blow to Yashu's gut*

Yashu: Huuaaah!

*Yashu falls to his knees and begins coughing harshly*

Yashu: *coughcoughcough*

Blue: Yashu! Are you okay!? I-I wasn't too rough, was I? I'm-

Yashu: *cough* No...heheh, it's alright, Blue. It just shows that you're getting better. I think you've grown to be too much for me. *coughHack*

*Yashu coughs again, and this time blood comes out of his mouth*

Yashu: Oh dear...

Blue: Blood...Yashu, will you be okay?

Yashu: Yes yes. Nothing to worry about. It's just this darn sickness acting up again. I'll be fine after a little rest.

*Yashu stands to his feet*

Yashu: You've done well, Blue. I can't believe how much you've improved in such a short time. And to think, only 3 months ago you could barely throw a punch, and now look at you. You can even show me what for! I'm proud.

Blue: Heheheh, thanks.

Yashu: So that's why I've decided, we're done with your Martial Arts training. Tomorrow, we get into studying magic.

Blue: *gasp* Really!?

Yashu: *nods* You've earned it, Blue.

Blue: Yes!

Yashu: Now how about we get some dinner? How does scalloped potatoes sound?

Blue: Sounds great.

Blue: And there you have it. Since I've shown so much growth, Yashu decided to cut my Martial Arts training short. I was so excited when I learned I would be starting my magic studies the next day. I was finally going to become a true magician. But..that's where things really started to get sticky...

Lilia: What do you mean by that, Blue?

Blue: You'll find out...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: