Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 01:10:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AoB Gaiden 1.5: A Troubled Past (Complete)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoB Gaiden 1.5: A Troubled Past (Complete)  (Read 1206 times)
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« on: 30 July, 2008, 09:47:13 am »

This short story takes place directly after Gaiden but before the start of the movie. And it serves as a retelling of Blue's backstory. (I didn't like the concept of the former one, so I'm redoing it and replacing it with this)

We begin with Blue and his friends, Lilia and Jawo, as they approach the small village of Luce. But little do his friends know, that within the confines of the village, therein lies a tale to be told.

Blue: Hey uhm..guys.

Lilia: Hm?

Jawo: Something up, Blue?

Blue: Can we skip this town?

Lilia: What? But..why?

Blue: ...*looks away*

Jawo: Why don't you tell us, huh?

Blue: I...can't.

Jawo: Well if don't want to, that's fine. But we can't skip this town.

Lilia: Yeah, it's the only way to get into the Huala Range. We have to go through here.

Blue: *sigh*

Jawo: Listen, Blue. I don't know what's going on with you, or what this place is all about, but just try and bare with us, okay?

Lilia: We'll go through as quickly as possible, if that'll make you feel any better.

Blue: Fine.

*The group crosses over into the village. As they walk through, the villagers gawk and stare at Blue, as if in fear of him*

Man: *gasp* It's him!

Woman: Why is he back here...

Lilia: Why are those people staring at us? It's kinda creepy...

*One of the villagers throws a rotten piece of fruit at Blue, which nails him right in the head*

Blue: Ungh...

Man: Get out of here, you monster!

Jawo: Hey! What did you do that for!?

Lilia: That was uncalled for!

Man: If you knew what he did, you wouldn't be defending him!

Jawo: Who cares what he did!? He's still our friend, and we're not gonna let you hurt him! Now get out of here, before I break you in half, old man!

Man: Ergh!

*The villager runs away*

Lilia: Blue..are you okay?

Blue: Yeah, why wouldn't I be?

Lilia: But your head...it's bleeding...

Blue: I'll be fine.

Jawo: Damn these people. Just what the hell is their problem anyway?

Blue: It's...okay. They have a right to say what they said. I am a monster...

Lilia: What? How can you say that!? You didn't do anything!

Jawo: Yeah, just forget those guys. Let's hurry up and get out of here.

*The group continues through the village unhindered, until passing by a burned down house near the southern end*

Lilia: Wow, I wonder what happened here...

Jawo: The place has been totalled. It looks like a fire broke out...

*Blue puts his head down and closes his eyes*

Lilia: Blue?

Jawo: You know something about this, don't you?

Blue: ...I'm the one...who burnt down this house.

Lilia: Ah! You did?

Jawo: Blue, what's going on? What is this place?

Blue: This place...was my home. This is where I used to live as a child.

Lilia: *gasp* No way. So this village...

Jawo: ...is your hometown?

Blue: *nods* That's right.

Lilia: Blue, tell us. Tell us what happened here.

Blue: Mmn...

Jawo: It...may just help you get over what's troubling you.

Blue: Okay. I'll tell you everything. About his house..and my past.

Lilia: We're all ears, Blue.

Blue: Alright. It all started....6 years ago....
« Last Edit: 02 August, 2008, 06:31:51 pm by BlueAnnihilator » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #1 on: 30 July, 2008, 07:19:13 pm »

Blue: Back when I was only 11 years old. I lived in this very house. During that time, it was just me and my mother.

Lilia: Just you two? But what about your father?

Blue: My father was killed when I was only an infant. Apparently he was a knight of great renown, as my mother would always boast about him to me and my brother.

Jawo: You had a brother too?

Blue: Yeah, I did have an older brother.

Lilia: ...What happened to him?

Blue: My brother was a knight just like my father was. And a few months before all of this started, he went off to fight a war against a neighboring kingdom.

Jawo: So your brother was a casuality of war too, huh?

Blue: Yeah, but I'll get to that later. So anyway, as you both know, I was born with the ability to use magic.

Lilia: Of course. That's what that symbol around your navel indicates, right?

Blue: You've seen it?

Lilia: Mhm. I saw it that time I caught you washing your shirt in the stream. It looked pretty funny.

Blue: Well yeah. It's called the Runic Symbol and all magic users are born with it. And as it turns out, I was the first of my family to be born with the symbol.

Jawo: What does that have to do with anything though?

Blue: ...My mother wasn't very fond of magic users. And..that's kinda where this whole mess began...

Lilia: Go on, Blue. We won't interrupt.

Blue: Okay, so as I was saying, it all started when I was 11 years old. It was just me and my mother. And today was the day where I first asked her about the symbol...

*Flashback to 6 years ago. A young Blue is pondering the symbol on his body while his mother prepares dinner*

Blue: Hey mom...

Mother: Yes, dear?

Blue: You know..I've had this thingie on me for a long time, but you've never told me what it's for.

Mother: *gasp*

*Startled, Blue's Mother drops the pan full of food and it spills all over the fool*

Blue: Mother..?

*She then walks over and grabs Blue tightly by the arm*

Blue: Ah! What did I do!?

Mother: Don't you ever speak of that cursed thing again!

Blue: But--

Mother: Never, do you hear me? Never!!!

*Blue's Mother throws Blue's arm down, causing him to fall to the floor*

Blue: Ugh!

Mother: You've been a bad boy. Now go into your room! And no supper!

Blue: I'm...sorry...

Blue: And from that day foward, the relationship between me and my mother was never the same. Everyday she grew more and more distant from me. Never hugging or caressing me. She barely spoke. And she never even smiled. She always had that same irritating scowl on her face.

Lilia: How did that affect you, Blue?

Blue: It really started to take its toll on me after a while. As she grew more bitter, so did I. It just came to the point where we began to hate eachother. And she wasn't the only one I took my anger and sorrow out on. I remember that one day...at the village school...

*Flashback to Blue at the Luce village schoolyard. It's lunchtime and the young Blue takes a seat on the bench outside to eat. Meanwhile, a couple of other children are laughing, jeering, and throwing their food at him*

Boy: Take that! *throws apple*

Blue: Ow! Stop it!

Boy2: Ha ha! Nobody likes you!

Blue: That's...not true!

Boy3: Oh yes it is! Why do you think you always sit alone at lunchtime? It's because you're a freak that nobody likes!

Blue: Mmn...*lowers head*

Boys: Hahahahaha!!!

Blue: Like my mother, the children at school weren't very fond of my gift either. They thought I was some kind of freak of nature. They laughed at and teased me all the time. And it made me really sad...

Lilia: That's terrible!

Boys: Ha ha haha ha! You're a freak!

Boy: Get out of here, freak! Nobody wants you around!

*The boy throws another apple at Blue's head. It hits him and knocks him to the ground, drawing blood*

Blue: Nngh!

*Blue touches his wound and notices the blood dripping from it. Tears then begin to trickle down his face*

Blue: *sniff*

Boy: Look, we made the baby cry!

Boy2: Nobody cares. He's just a freak anyway.

Boys: Hahahaha!!

Blue: As the tears flowed from my eyes that day, my feelings turned from that sadness to that of anger and hate. Their obnoxious laughter echoed in my ears, making me madder and madder. My eyes burned with hatred for them. And before long, I just couldn't take it anymore. Without even knowing what I was doing, I hurled a fireball at them.

Blue: Hiyah!!

*Blue throws a fireball at one the boys. It strikes him in the chest and knocks him to the ground*

Boy: *sniff*...*crying* Ah ha ha haaaaaa! Teacher! He hit me!

*The boy runs off*

Boy2: W-what did you do!?

Boy3: He really is a freak!

Boy4: Let's run away!

*The rest of the children run off, leaving Blue alone on the schoolyard*

Blue: *panting* Hah...ha....hah....

*The children run to the teacher and tells her what happened*

Boy: Teacher Teacher! *sniff*

Teacher: What? What happened!? Where did that burn come from!?

Boy2: It was Quentin! He did it!

Boy3: Yeah! We were just minding our own business and from out of nowhere, he throws a fireball at us!

Teacher: *gasp* My word! Well I'll go deal with this right now!

*The teacher walks over to Blue and grabs him by the arm*

Blue: Ow! What are you doing!?

Teacher: You rotten little brat! I knew your kind were nothing but trouble! I'll make sure you never terrorize us again!

Blue: The teacher stayed true to her word. The next day, she notified my mother of what happened, and I never went back. I don't know what came over me that day, but I did know one thing. It made me feel good. It made me feel alive. Like I could take on the whole world! I knew from this day forward, those boys would never bother me again, and....I was happy. But little did I know that things were about to take a turn for the worse.
Report Spam   Logged

BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #2 on: 31 July, 2008, 11:21:02 am »

Blue: When my mother found out about the incident at school, she was furious. She scolded me as if I committed a horrible sin.

Mother: Quentin, what have you done!?

Blue: But..I-I didn't mean to! It was an accident!

Mother: That doesn't matter! You've done a terrible thing. Now everyone will see you as nothing but a beast!

Blue: The kids...they were picking on me...

Mother: And you should've done the mature thing and told your teacher. But instead you...you do..THIS. I'm very disappointed with you!

Blue: But mother!

Mother: No buts! Go into your room, now! And don't come out!

Blue: ...You don't even care about what happened to me! I hate you!!

*Blue runs into his room and slams the door shut*

Blue: I ran into my room and began to cry. But they weren't tears of sadness. They were tears of anger. I was mad at those children, my teacher, my mother, everyone. They had no right to treat me like I wasn't even human. So I shut myself off from everybody. I stayed in my room...alone. Just sulking in bitterness and hate.

Jawo: What did you do in all that time?

Blue: I read.

Jawo: Huh?

Blue: In my time alone, I had nothing better to do, so I shuffled through an old bookshelf and found a book on magic. In it, I found out just what the symbol on my body meant, and what kind of person I really was. I continued reading, and I began to discover...that I wasn't a freak or a monster. That I was born with a special gift, not a dreaded curse. I began to discover..myself.

*The young Blue continues flipping through the pages. He stops when he discovers a chapter on magic spells*

Blue: Hey, what's this? Magic...casting...

Blue: Upon reaching that chapter, I learned that I had an affinity for Fire Magic, so I decided to practice the fireball spell, in hopes that I'd be able to recreate what I did at school that day at will.

Blue: Okay..let's try it. ...Fireball!

*Blue attempts the fireball spell. A flame flickers, but immediately fizzles out*

Blue: Aw..it didn't work.

Blue: I failed many a time, but I didn't give up. I kept on trying, taking whatever steps I could to try and improve my chances. And it wasn't before long that I mastered the technique. I guess you could say that I had a real knack for it.

Blue: Alright...one more time. *takes a deep breath* ....Fireball!

*Blue spreads his hands out and successfully conjures a fireball*

Blue: I...did it? I did it! Yes yes yes! I can do magic!!

*Blue tosses the fireball up and down*

Blue: If I can do this...just imagine what else I can do!

Blue: I was so proud of my accomplishment, that I just had to tell someone about it. I didn't care who it was. So at last, I ended my solitary confinement and ran straight to my mother, to show her what I was capable of. I had hoped that she would be proud of me, but...

*Blue runs up to his mom and tugs on her apron*

Blue: Mother! Mother!

Mother: Huh? What is it, Quentin?

Blue: Look look! Look at what I can do!

*Blue happily conjures a fireball in his hand*

Blue: See? I can control it now! Isn't it cool?

Mother: Aaaaah!!!

Blue: Huh?

*Blue's mother slaps him in the face, knocking him to the ground*

Blue: Ugh! W-what was that for!?

Mother: What are you doing!? What have I told you about that dreadful magic!?

Blue: It's not dreadful! It's...it's a gift!

Mother: It's no gift. It's an horrible curse! It's evil! Don't you understand!?

Blue: No! It makes me special! And I'm going to keep practicing it!

Mother: Aaaaah! Look at the evil you've wrought upon this world! You're a terrible child!

Blue: You don't know anything!

Blue: After that point, I was convinced that my mother would never understand me or my kind. She hated me just because of what I was, and I grew to despise her for it. I saw her as an enemy, out to destroy me. So I went back into my room and continued reading about the wonders of magic. I was buried deeper and deeper into my heritage. And I was absolutely fascinated by it. But then, the next day, IT happened.

Lilia: It?

Blue: The day we were notified of my brother's death. It was the day that changed everything...

*A knock on the door is heard, Blue's mother answers and recieves a letter from a man. She closes the door and begins to read, when...*

Mother: *gasp* No...

Blue: Mother, what's wrong?

Mother: NO!!!

*Blue's Mother throws the letter to the ground and breaks out in tears. Blue then picks up the letter and reads it to himself*

Blue: Ah! Brother...he...he was..killed?

Mother: Why did this have to happen!? Why!?

Blue: Mother...

Mother: ...YOU!!!

*Blue Mother glare at him with eyes full of hate. He backs away in fear as she inches towards him*

Jawo: Blue...you haven't told us. Why is your mother so critical of magic users?

Blue: Because...my father..he was killed in the war by a mage of the opposing army.

Jawo: I see. So that's what spurred your mother's hatred of magicians.

Lilia: But how could she take that out on you? You didn't do anything wrong!

Blue: She knew that, but she didn't care. She was just so angry and heartbroken that she needed someone to blame. She needed closure, and she got it by becoming prejudiced against all magic users.

Jawo: Including you...

Blue: *nods* And it only got worse once my brother died. Because as it so happens, he was struck down by a mage as well. I guess..she just couldn't handle the stress of it all. I felt it, as she glared at me with those eyes, she saw the mages who killed my father and brother. She went insane...

Lilia: What happened then, Blue?

Blue: In an act of violent rage, she grabbed a kitchen knife, and charged at me with it.

Mother: Die!!!

Blue: Mother! What are you doing!? Stop this!

*Blue's Mother lunges at him, but he dodges and manages to avoid it*

Mother: You're nothing but demons! Pure evil!

Blue: W-what are you saying!?

Mother: There's no place in the world for your kind. Die here!!

*Blue's Mother lunges again, this time slashing Blue's arm*

Blue: Agh!!

Blue: After she struck me with the knife, I began to grow angry. She was a threat to my well being and I had to do something about it. I began to feel the hatred and rage, brought on from all of the people who mistreated me. And I too, went mad. So in an act of self-preservation, I attacked without any regard for human life...

Blue: Rrraaaggggh!!!

*Blue conjures a fireball and hurls it at his mother, which forces the knife out of her hand. He then throws another, which strikes and knocks her to the ground*

Mother: Aaaagh! You...miserable child. How dare you attack your mother...

Blue: Mother? What mother?!

Mother: Uh?

Blue: I have no mother!!!

*Blue throws a fireball at the ceiling, causing the house to set on fire*

Mother: Ah! Stop! Are you mad!?

Blue: Maybe I am! Hah!!

*Blue throws yet another fireball at the ceiling, causing the fire to spread about the entire house. Burning debris falls in front of Blue's mother, trapping her*

Mother: Ah! You..you people are all the same!! You took everything away from me!

Blue: No! That's not true!

Mother: You're nothing but killers. Murderers! Inhuman monsters! Nobody wants you...

Blue: Stop! You're wrong!

Mother: Everybody would've been happier, had you not been born...

Blue: Shut up! I've heard enough!

*Blue throws one last fireball into the flames, causing the fire to grow even larger and engulf his mother completely*

Blue: *panting* Hah...ha...ha.....

*As the house burns down, Blue runs outdoors to safety. Outside, a group of villagers have been watching the spectacle*

Man: Wah! There! There he is!

Woman: It's the demon!

Blue: No..I'm not a demon...

Man2: He's going to kill us all with his terrible magic!

Woman2: He'll kill us! Just like he killed his mother!!

Blue: Noooooo!

Man3: Go away, you demon child! Leave us be!

*The man throws a rock at Blue, but misses*

Woman3: Wicked sorcerer! Get out of here!

*The woman also throws a rock, this time it hits him in the head*

Blue: Ugh! Stop it! Just..just leave me alone!!

*Blue turns away and quickly flees from the village, with tears flowing from his eyes*

Blue: And..after what happened at home, the villagers banded together, and ran me out of the village. With my family gone and my home destroyed, I had no where else to go. I was all alone in the world. The only thing I could do was run...

Lilia: Blue...you killed your...

Jawo: Lilia!!

*Blue lowers his head as tears slide down his cheeks*

Lilia: I'm...I'm sorry...

Blue: *wipes tears* No, it's alright.

Jawo: Please, Blue. Continue.

Blue: Okay. So as I was saying, I left the village. With nowhere to go, no place to call my home, I just kept running. And I never looked back. I continued until I came upon the Shura Forest on the outskirts of town. And there I met a mysterious man who changed my life forever.
Report Spam   Logged

BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #3 on: 31 July, 2008, 08:08:10 pm »

Blue: I ventured into the forest by my lonesome. I knew of the dangers the lied within, but I couldn't turn back. I had no choice but to keep going and hope for the best.

*The young Blue walks through the dark forest, keeping a constant lookout for anything lurking out in the dense woods*

Blue: Gee..it sure is dark here. I can hardly see anything...

*As Blue continues deeper into the forest, he hears the rattling of a bush*

*shshshsh*

Blue: Huh? What was that?

*shshshsh*

Blue: Is...someone in there?

*shshshsh*

Blue: Alright, no more games. Come out, now!

*Blue engulfs his fists in flames*

*The rattling stops. And after a few moments, a wild wolf leaps from the bush and pounces on Blue*

Blue: Aaagh!!

*Blue falls to the ground with the wolf standing on top of him, trying to gnaw his face off. Blue fights back and manages to kick the wolf off of him*

Wolf: Grrrrrrrr!!!

Blue: Alright, stay calm. I can do this...

*The wolf leans closer to the ground in preparation to pounce once again*

Blue: Watch him...

*The wolf lunges at Blue, but he sidesteps and dodges the attack. He then takes the opportunity and hurls a fireball at the wolf, killing it in one shot*

Wolf: Aroooooww! *dies*

Blue: Phew. That was a close one. If I don't watch myself, I could wind up as some wild animal's next meal...

Blue: And despite all odds against me, I managed to defeat the fearsome beast of the woods! Wounded and battle worn, I courageously braved on. I knew I had to keep moving, or else--

Lilia: Blue...

Jawo: ...Are you boasting?

Blue: *looks around* Erm...moving on!

Lilia/Jawo: *sweatdrop*

*Blue continues cautiously through the forest. As he nears the clearing, a voice calls out from behind him*

??: Hey...

Blue: Hm? Who's there?

Blue: So suddenly, this strange man appears in front of me. He was wearing a purple robe, and he appeared to be in his late 20's. Though he looked very sickly and frail. Like he was on his death bed.

??: My name...is Yashu.

Blue: Well what do you want, huh?

Yashu: I've been watching you very closely for some time now, child. And I saw with you did back at that village.

Blue: You did? So I'm guessing you're going to try and get rid of me too. Well if that's the case, I'm not going down without a fight!

*Blue engulfs his fists in flames*

Yashu: Calm yourself, young one. I'm not your enemy.

Blue: You...aren't?

Yashu: Oh no. In fact, I'm just like you.

Blue: What do you mean?

Yashu: I too bear the Runic Symbol. See?

*Yashu reveals the symbol on his body to Blue*

Blue: Ah! So it's true. You are like me...

Yashu: That's right. We are people born of an ancient bloodline. We possess a very unique and special gift.

Blue: Yeah, it's real special alright. Everyone hates me because of it. I'm not accepted anywhere...

Yashu: Oh, I know. And they haven't the right to treat you in such a disgusting manner.

Blue: They called me a freak...a monster....

Yashu: And you are none of those things. In fact, compared to you, they are the freaks. The monsters...

Blue: What...do you mean?

Yashu: Don't you see, child? We were born with a powerful gift. A power that makes us better than the average man.

Blue: We're...better?

Yashu: Yes! You and I, we possess great power! See that fireball you wield? It's but only a fraction of the true power of the magic arts!

Blue: A fraction? You mean...there's more to it?

Yashu: Absolutely! Why, with the right amount of training, you can conjure great storms, unleash mighty earthquakes, summon forth swirling vortexes, and even bring down meteors from the heavens above!

Blue: Wow..I can do all of that...?

Yashu: Yes, and I can teach you, little one! If you come with me, I will teach you all of this and more! With my training, you'll become one of the most powerful magicians in all the land!

Blue: *to himself* The most powerful...

Yashu: I sense great potential within you. With the power you'll possess, no man would dare stand against the likes of you! With your birthright, you could triumph over all!

Blue: *to himself* Truimph over all...

Yashu: So what say you, child? Will you come with me? Will you behold the true legacy of magic?

Blue: *nods* I will!

Yashu: Then come! We have much to do! There's no time to waste!

*Blue and Yashu walk out of the forest together*

Blue: So in the end, I went along with him. With everything he promised me, I just couldn't refuse him. But I was happy. Happy, because I finally found someone that shared my pain. I finally found somewhere..that I belong. And I knew, that if I stayed with him, things would only get better for me.
« Last Edit: 31 July, 2008, 08:20:30 pm by BlueAnnihilator » Report Spam   Logged

BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #4 on: 01 August, 2008, 04:33:07 pm »

*The two arrive in Tanjah town, a place just outside the eastern end of the Shura Forest. Upon entering, Yashu takes Blue to his house, a small cottage in the center of town*

Yashu: Welcome to your new home, laddie.

Blue: My...new home..?

Yashu: That's right. From now on, this is your home. I'll take you under my wing and raise you like you were one of my own.

Blue: *happily* Really? Thank you!

Yashu: No need to thank me, lad. This is just a favor from one kinsman to another.

Blue: Uhm, speaking of, why exactly are you doing all of this?

Yashu: Because, lad. I may be young, but I am very sick.

Blue: Sick?

Yashu: Yes. I carry a terrible disease that makes me very weak and drastically limits my supply of mana. And I must pass on my knowledge before it's too late.

Blue: What's mana...?

Yashu: You don't know? Mana is the life-energy inherent in all living beings. It can be found in people, animals, plants, and objects; and is the key element to sustaining life. If you were ever to run out of mana, you would die...

Blue: *gulp* Die?

Yashu: Yes. In that sense, keeping a watchful eye on your mana limit is very important. Especially if want to become a good magician. To mages, mana is everything. Without it, we cannot use magic. Do you understand all of this?

Blue: *nods* I do.

Yashu: Then come, let us begin our studies.

Blue: Okay!

Yashu: But first...here.

*Yashu throws Blue a red robe*

Blue: What's this for?

Yashu: Put that on. If you want to be a magician, you have to at least look the part.

Blue: Oh, I get it.

*Blue switches out of his regular clothing and puts on the robe*

Yashu: So, how's it feel?

Blue: Hmm, not bad, actually. I kinda like it.

Yashu: That's good. Because you'll be wearing it for your entire career. When I'm done with you, you'll be known as the Great...uhm..the Great...

Yashu: In all of the excitement, it seems I've forgotten to ask your name. What is it, laddie?

Blue: Uhm, it's Quentin.

Yashu: Quentin? Eugh...

Blue: What's wrong?

Yashu: Quentin...it just doesn't suit you! That's not a name befitting a magician of your caliber. Find a new one.

Blue: A new one? Uhm, okay, how about...

*Blue looks around the room for ideas, he then looks down at his red garb*

Blue: Er, how about Red?

Yashu: Hmm, the Great Red....No. It just doesn't roll off the tongue. Try again.

Blue: Okay, if not Red, then how about Blue?

Yashu: What's with the colors, my boy?

Blue: *shrugs* I don't know. It just seemed convenient.

Yashu: Fine, let's see. The Great Blue....Ah ha! That's perfect!

Blue: You like?

Yashu: Yes! Yes I do! It has a nice ring to it, I must say. *Ahem* Then it's decided. Your new name will be Blue. Cherish it well for it will be with you forever.

Blue: Alrighty!

Lilia: Heehee, so that's how you got your nickname.

Jawo: Pretty slick, Blue.

Blue: Heheh, so anyway. With my new name decided, we finally began our training. But boy was I surprised when I found out I wouldn't be praticing magic.

Jawo: Huh? If it wasn't magic, then what was it?

Blue: It was...Martial Arts.

Yashu: Okay, Blue. Time to begin to first stage of your training.

Blue: I'm ready. So what's it going to be? Am I going to learn how to shoot thunderbolts? Or maybe you'll teach me how to quake the earth!

Yashu: No, none of that.

Yashu: Today, you'll be learning the Martial Arts.

Blue: Martial Arts!? But..but that's not magic!

Yashu: I'm aware of that, Blue. But in order to cast powerful spells, your body has to be able to withstand the stress. That's why we're going to work on building your strenght and endurance. It won't be fun, but this is necessary in the path to becoming a magician.

Blue: *sigh* Fine. Let's just get it over with.

Yashu: Okay, then let's begin! Ha!

*Yashu steps foward and elbows Blue in the face*

Blue: Ugh! O-ow!!! My nose! *sniff*

Yashu: Come on, Blue! Fight me! You'll never become a great magician with that attitude!

Blue: Alright...you asked for it!

*Blue runs forwards and throws a punch, but Yashu sidesteps, causing Blue to miss and fall to the ground*

Blue: Hey, no fair! How am I supposed to hit you if you don't stay still!?

Yashu: Tsk tsk. Blue, you've much yet to learn. I have a feeling we're going to be at this for a while...

Blue: And he was right. We were at it for a very long time. I got off to a rocky start, but I slowly began to progress. Day after day I kept training hard, pushing myself to the limit. And it wasn't before long that I was able to keep up with Yashu and even get the better of him at times.

Yashu: Ready to try again, Blue?

Blue: Yeah!

Yashu: Then show me what you can do! Don't go easy on me just because I'm sick now!

*Blue runs up to Yashu and attacks with several kicks. Yashu is able to block, but only barely*

Yashu: (Hmm, he's gotten really fast. I'm not even sure if I can keep up)

*Yashu seeks and opening and throws a punch at Blue. Anticipating the attack, Blue catches his fist*

Blue: Hm!

Yashu: Ah! Impressive, Blue.

*Blue then counters by landing a blow to Yashu's gut*

Yashu: Huuaaah!

*Yashu falls to his knees and begins coughing harshly*

Yashu: *coughcoughcough*

Blue: Yashu! Are you okay!? I-I wasn't too rough, was I? I'm-

Yashu: *cough* No...heheh, it's alright, Blue. It just shows that you're getting better. I think you've grown to be too much for me. *coughHack*

*Yashu coughs again, and this time blood comes out of his mouth*

Yashu: Oh dear...

Blue: Blood...Yashu, will you be okay?

Yashu: Yes yes. Nothing to worry about. It's just this darn sickness acting up again. I'll be fine after a little rest.

*Yashu stands to his feet*

Yashu: You've done well, Blue. I can't believe how much you've improved in such a short time. And to think, only 3 months ago you could barely throw a punch, and now look at you. You can even show me what for! I'm proud.

Blue: Heheheh, thanks.

Yashu: So that's why I've decided, we're done with your Martial Arts training. Tomorrow, we get into studying magic.

Blue: *gasp* Really!?

Yashu: *nods* You've earned it, Blue.

Blue: Yes!

Yashu: Now how about we get some dinner? How does scalloped potatoes sound?

Blue: Sounds great.

Blue: And there you have it. Since I've shown so much growth, Yashu decided to cut my Martial Arts training short. I was so excited when I learned I would be starting my magic studies the next day. I was finally going to become a true magician. But..that's where things really started to get sticky...

Lilia: What do you mean by that, Blue?

Blue: You'll find out...
Report Spam   Logged

BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #5 on: 01 August, 2008, 08:11:26 pm »

Blue: And so tomorrow came, and as promised, we began my magic studies. Needless to say, I was very eager to get started.

Yashu: Are you ready to begin, Blue?

Blue: Yes yes yes! Teach me how to cast Earthquake, Yashu! I've always wanted to learn how to do that!

Yashu: Whoa! Hold your horses, kid! Earthquake is a really high level spell. You're nowhere near ready to learn that.

Blue: Aw...

Yashu: We need to start with the basics.

Blue: Basics!? Aw, come on! I already know the basics, Yashu! I'm totally ready to learn some awesome spells!

Yashu: No, Blue. In find it hard to believe that you've taught yourself all the basics to magic casting.

Blue: I did so!

Yashu: Oh yeah? Then show me how to use a fireball spell.

Blue: Okay, I'll do it!

*Blue proses himself and conjures a fireball in his hand*

Blue: See? Piece of cake!

Yashu: Okaaay..now tell me how you did it.

Blue: Uhm...sure. So first I open my hand and concentrate really hard! Then the fireball appears.

Yashu: *shakes head* All wrong.

Blue: What!?

Yashu: Now I'm certain you don't know what you're doing. It seems to me that you're acting on instinct rather than theory, which is something a good magician should never do.

Blue: Huh? *scratches head*

Yashu: Magic is more than just 'concentrating really hard'. You must be able to grasp and utilize many facts and equations. How much mana does a certain magic spell require? How much mana do you yourself possess? How much stress can your body handle? What is your natural balance? These are things you must know in order to use magic properly.

Blue: I...don't understand.

Yashu: *sigh* You've got a lot to learn, Blue. Hence why we're beginning with the basics. Now let me show you just what I mean...

Blue: And so we began the lessons from the very beginning. Step by step, I started to learn everything there was to know about casting magic.

Jawo: Gee, Blue. You sure were rockheaded as a kid.

Lilia: Heehee, yeah. Kinda hard to believe that's really you.

Blue: Geez, cut me some slack, would you? Nobody's born with in-depth knowledge and know-how. I had to start somewhere, you know. So getting back to things, after I was given a rundown of the basics, we decided to move on to low levels spells. The first being Lightning.

Yashu: Okay, Blue. I think you've grasped the basics well enough. So now it's time we've moved on to the actually casting. First on the list, Lightning.

Blue: Cool!

Yashu: Don't get too excited, now. Lightning is a fairly basic low level spell.

Blue: Low level? Aw man...

Yashu: Ah ah, remember now, you've gotta start from the bottom and work your way up. That's how a good magician does things.

Blue: Okay fine, I get it.

Yashu: Good. This one's pretty easy, so it shouldn't take you long to get it down. I'll demonstrate.

*Yashu proses himself by slowing waving his arms*

Yashu: Now I'm ready! Lightning!

*Yashu stretches his hand out in front of him, and shoots a bolt of lightning across the room*

Yashu: There we go.

Blue: Wow, that was great!

Yashu: Now you try.

Blue: Me?

Yashu: Mhmm. Don't be afraid. You can do it, trust me.

Blue: Alright.

*Blue psyches himself up and prepares to cast the spell*

Blue: Haaaaaa, Lightning!!!

*Blue outstretches his hand, but only he only conjures a small flicker of sparks*

Blue: Huh? That can't be right...

Yashu: Blue, what happened?

Blue: Gee, I don't know. It didn't work..

Yashu: Hmm, try one more time.

Blue: Okay. Hmmmmmm, Lightning!

*Blue casts Lightning once more, but he gets the same result*

Blue: Darn, it didn't work!

Yashu: That's odd. You can't cast lightning, but casting fireball is like second nature to you. *ponders* Hmm.....that must be it...

Blue: What is it, Yashu?

Yashu: You must have an affinity for fire magic.

Blue: Affinity? Yeah, I read about that, but I never really understood what it meant.

Yashu: Well basically, it means that fire type magic is your speciality.

Blue: So..does that mean I can't cast any other type of magic?

Yashu: Oh no. Quite the opposite. It only means that fire magic is relatively easy for you to master, while other types...not so much.

Blue: *sadly* Oh..

Yashu: Don't fret, Blue. That just means that you'll have to try a little harder than usual.

Blue: Understood.

Yashu: Okay then. I think it's time we took a little break. How about we get some lunch?

Blue: But Yashu, we're out of food.

Yashu: We are? Hmm, then I guess we'll just have to go to the market and purchase some more. Come along now.

Blue: So we left the house and went out for a trip to the local market place. Things were going fairly well. It was a nice sunny day outside, and it seemed as if nothing could go wrong. But...

Jawo: But...?

Blue: Something did go wrong.

*As the young Blue and Yashu are walking along the town streets, a rather brutish man approaches them*

Man: Hey!

Yashu: Hm? Are you talking to us?

Man: Yeah, I'm talkin to you. You guys are magic freaks, aren't you?

Blue: Ergh...

Yashu: Sir, I assure you that we are not freaks of any variety.

Man: You can't fool me! I saw you in that cottage, toying around with your books and your trinkets. Your kind isn't welcome in this town! Leave us normal people alone, or else.

Blue: Mmn, it's Luce Village all over again...

Yashu: Or else what, might I ask?

Man: Or else I'll skewer you! ...Starting with the kid!

Blue: !!!

*The man begins to advance on Blue with a knife drawn*

Yashu: Blue, do not fear. Remember, you are superior to him.

Blue: Right!

Man: Superior to me? Hah, that'll be the day! Say your prayers, punk!

Blue: ...Fireball!!

Man: What!?

*Blue hurls a fireball at the man. It strikes and sets him ablaze*

Man: Aaaaagh! W-what have you done to me!?

*The man rolls along the ground in agony. Moments later, he stops moving*

Yashu: Ha ha! Blue, you've done it! Excellent job!

*A group of townspeople witness the spectacle in awe*

Woman: Look! Look what they've done to that innocent man!

Man2: They're nothing but beasts! All of them!

Blue: Rrrrr....

Yashu: Don't be coy, Blue. Go on. Show them your power. Show them what it means to be superior!

Blue: Yes.

*Blue concentrates his mana, surrounding his body in roaring flames. The crowd of people back away in fear*

Woman: Waaah! W-what is he doing!?

Man2: He's summoned forth the flames of Hell!

Woman2: Approach him and you'll be burned alive like that man!

Man3: Run for your lives! He's mad!!

Crowd: Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

*The crowd runs in terror*

Yashu: Ahahahahahahaha! Yes! This is it! This is what it's all for! Do you see, Blue? Do you see the terror you've striken in their feeble hearts!? And this was only with a simple fireball spell. Just imagine what you could do with an entire arsenal of magic at your disposal! We'd be unstoppable!!!!

*Blue clenches his fist and smiles a wicked smile*

Blue: (So this...this is what it feels like to have power. ...It feels wonderful.)

Blue: And that was the day that I got my first taste of evil intent.

Lilia: Ah! So he's the one responsible for setting you down that path!

Blue: You could say that, yeah.

Jawo: Yeesh. Good thing I held onto that Water Blue Ring...

*Lilia glares at Jawo*

Jawo: ...What?
Report Spam   Logged

BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #6 on: 02 August, 2008, 06:31:08 pm »

Blue: So we continued on to the market unhindered and got our lunch. Since the storekeeper was so terrified of us, we didn't even have to pay. We went back, ate, and returned to studying. Things continued this way for the next 2 years. I was 13 years old, and by that time, I was really proficient in magic. So proficient in fact, that Yashu thought I was ready to move on to a level of magic beyond high level.

*Late at night, the now 13 yr old Blue is busy with his face buried deep into magic books*

Blue: "High level magic requires a large amount of mana to utilize. And with a very distinct balance of mana, one can even combine to types of magic to create a powerful hybrid spell" ...Hybrid spell, eh? That sounds interesting. I wonder if I can find some examples in this book.

*Blue flips through the pages and continues reading, until Yashu comes into the room*

Yashu: Blue? What are you still doing up?

Blue: I'm studying.

Yashu: Still at it, are you? Okay, that's enough. Come to bed now.

Blue: But--

Yashu: Remember what I told you, Blue. A good magician must always make wise decisions. Whether it be on the field of battle or otherwise. Staying up this late will only make you weak and hinder your abilities. Now do as I say.

Blue: *sigh* Fine.

Yashu: Besides, I'll need you in tip top shape for what we'll be doing tomorrow.

Blue: Tomorrow?

Yashu: You'll see, Blue. Good night.

Blue: Hmm...G'night.

Blue: So, anxious to find out what Yashu was planning for the next day, I went to bed and hurried to sleep. Tomorrow came, and I woke up bright and early. Excited, I ran to the study to find Yashu painting these strange symbols on the floor.

Lilia: What were they for, Blue?

Blue: They were...for summoning.

Jawo: Summoning, huh? Hm...I wonder...

Blue: Yashu.

Yashu: Ah, there you are, Blue.

Blue: W-what is all this? What is that symbol..?

Yashu: This...is a hexagram.

Blue: A..hexagram?

Yashu: Yes. It is one of the most potent symbols used in the art of summoning.

Blue: Summoning, is that what we're doing today?

Yashu: Indeed we are.

Blue: But..are you sure I'm ready for such high level magic? I'm still in training, you know.

Yashu: I'm aware of that. But you are far more skilled than the average magician, Blue. I realized this in the 2 years I've been observing your growth. You possess unlimited potential!

Blue: Unlimited potential..?

Yashu: That is right. With your skills, you could become as great as...no, greater than the legendary Faust himself!

Blue: Faust..who was that?

Yashu: He was the greatest magician this world has ever known. He was a master of all types of magic. Heck, he pratically wrote the book on magic!

Blue: He sounds like an amazing person.

Yashu: Oh, he was. He was a man with climbing ambitions, he was. He would've acquired rule over the entire world, that is until his pride and vanity led to his doom.

Blue: I think I understand now. So learning this..summoning magic, will make me more like him?

Yashu: Yes! Now you're getting it! Once you master this ancient and powerful art, none will be able to oppose us. With your power, we will ascend into Godhood, and rule over the entire planet!

Blue: Rule over the entire planet? But..I don't know...

Yashu: Blue, don't you see!? We, as superior beings were meant to rule! This, is the true destiny of the magic race!!! Now fulfill your destiny, and step inside the hexagram!

Blue: A-alright...

*Blue stands in the middle of the hexagram*

Yashu: Haha, perfect. You will be calling forth a powerful beast. The mighty Afrit!

Blue: What's an Afrit?

Yashu: An Afrit is a fire djinn that lives deep in the burning abyss of Jahannam. This terrifying spirit is one of the most destructive summoned creatures known to man! With its power in our hands, the world will be ours in a twinkling.

*Jawo cuts in*

Jawo: Ah ha! I knew it! So that's where all this Afrit business came from!

Lilia: Jawo!

Jawo: Oh...sorry...

Blue: *Ahem* Anyway, continuing on...

Blue: I understand.

Yashu: Now, take this book and recite the incantation. Then the power of the Afrit will be ours to control!

*Blue takes the summoning book and begins to reluctantly recite the incantation*

Blue: Ifalas zaras I e zaraq. Ifalas zaras I e zaraq.

Yashu: Yes...this is it...

Blue: Come forth from the fiery depths of Jahannam, ye condemed by Iblis!

*As Blue continues reciting, the hexagram begins to glow with a bright light*

Yashu: Yes yes yes, it's really happening! Call the spirit, Blue! Call him forth and make me a KING!!!

Blue: ...

Yashu: W-what are you doing? Why did you stop!? Finish that incantation NOW!

Blue: ...No...

*Blue throws the book to the ground, and the hexagram stops glowing*

Yashu: H-how dare you defy me! After everything I've done for you! I took you in, raised you as my own, thought you the slendor of magic! You owe me your life!

Blue: I won't do it.

Yashu: I am your Master! You will do as I say!!! You WILL make me a King!

Blue: I said NO!!! Rrragh!

*Blue casts a fire stream spell. A wave of flames blast Yashu into a nearby wall*

Yashu: Uurgh!!

Blue: Now I know what's going on...all of this time..it was a lie! The reason you took me in...thought me magic...was so that I could do what you could not! Due to your sickness, you were unable to summon the Afrit on your own, so you had me do it instead! You never cared about me! You were only interested in my power!

Yashu: *panting* Huff...huff...

Blue: Well it's over, Yashu. I won't be used by anyone!

Yashu: You...how could you do this...why would you betray..your own kind..?

Blue: Because my kind betrayed me...

*Blue turns and begins to walk towards the door*

Yashu: W-where are you going!?

Blue: I'm leaving. I can make it on my own now. I don't need you..anymore.

Yashu: And what will you do? Will you ignore your destiny? Your fate? ..You weakling. You're not fit to be one of us...

Blue: You're right, Yashu. I'm not one of you. I am...my own man. People and magic users alike, I alone..will stand above them all. I will crush any and all who oppose me, and fulfill my own destiny!

*Blue grabs the summoning book and leaves the cottage*

Yashu: Urgh..Blue...*passes out*

Blue: So as it turns out, I was being used the entire time. I was nothing but a pawn in Yashu's scheme. He took me in, saved me, taught me everything he knew. For the first time, I thought I had someone who cared for me. He was like the father I never had. But in the end, he betrayed me. All he wanted was my power to fulfill his own selfish end. And so my misguided journey for world domination began. And, well..you guys know the rest.

*end flashback*

Lilia: So that's everything, huh?

Blue: *nods*

Jawo: Hmm, if I had known your background was so tragic, maybe I would've gone a little easier on you...

Blue: No, it's okay. I deserved what I got. If it wasn't for you, Zeldafan and Bob coming when you did, I don't know where I would've ended up. So for that, I thank you.

Jawo: Heh, no problem, pal.

Blue: And..thank you too, Lilia.

Lilia: Huh, me?

Blue: Of course. I have all of my friends to thank for making me who I am today. *sniff*

Lilia: Heehee, you don't have to cry, Blue. Just know that we don't care what kind of background you came from, or what you've done in the past. You'll always be our Blue. Our friend!

Jawo: Yeah, we'll always be there for you. Through thick and thin.

Lilia: Through the good times, and the bad!

Blue: *wipes tears* Thank you. Thank you all...

Jawo: Well, I just hope that by telling us that story, you can finally put the past behind you.

Blue: It can. I realize now, that the past..will remain the past.

Lilia: And all that matters is the future, right?

Blue: Right, Lilia.

Jawo: Another lesson learned, as they say. Now if we're all done here, I think it's about time we got back to our adventure!

Lilia: Yeah, we still have a ways to go! How about it, Blue? Are you ready?

Blue: *nods* Yeah, I am. Let's go, guys.

Lilia: Let's go..together.

As Blue and his friends leave the village of Luce, he also leaves behind a tragic past full of anger, pain, sadness, and deception. Though he was once a troubled youth set on the wrong path, with the love and guidance of his trusted companions, he turns his life around and becomes the magic wielding protector of Earth that we all know and love. No longer burdened by a heavy heart, Blue will continue to fight the good fight, with his friends by his side to help him along the way.

THE END

Report Spam   Logged

BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #7 on: 02 August, 2008, 07:35:16 pm »

You have a real talent for storytelling, Blue. I liked this one a lot, I've been coming back to read it every chapter. Great story. Smiley

Heheh, wow. Thanks a lot, Unreal. It seems I have more fans than I thought.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #8 on: 02 August, 2008, 07:53:04 pm »

*thumbs up*

You're making me want to do a backstory for ZeldaFan, although I suppose it wouldn't be nearly as interesting as Blue's.
Report Spam   Logged
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #9 on: 02 August, 2008, 07:59:19 pm »

*thumbs up*

You're making me want to do a backstory for ZeldaFan, although I suppose it wouldn't be nearly as interesting as Blue's.

You should. They help others learn a lot about that particular character and they're just plain cool. I've always wanted to see one on Bob, tbh.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #10 on: 02 August, 2008, 08:13:42 pm »

I don't think I really have an origin thought out for Bob.

Personally, I like to joke that Bob doesn't have a past, and literally sprang into existence as an adult the moment I imagined him.

Fits in with all his fourth wall breaking madness.

But he does have a younger brother, so I suppose he needs some kind of family and childhood. I'll try to think of one for him.

Oh, unrelated, but:
The main reason I haven't continued my story is I haven't had access to the computer where I have the partially started version of the next episode saved.
Report Spam   Logged
Jawooooooooooo
« Reply #11 on: 03 August, 2008, 07:21:26 am »

Loved it, Blue.
It did have a deeper connection to the story than your previous backstory, I'll add.
Report Spam   Logged
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #12 on: 03 August, 2008, 07:43:09 pm »

I don't think I really have an origin thought out for Bob.

Personally, I like to joke that Bob doesn't have a past, and literally sprang into existence as an adult the moment I imagined him.

Fits in with all his fourth wall breaking madness.

But he does have a younger brother, so I suppose he needs some kind of family and childhood. I'll try to think of one for him.

Oh, unrelated, but:
The main reason I haven't continued my story is I haven't had access to the computer where I have the partially started version of the next episode saved.

Whatever it is, I hope it's good. Someone like Bob should have the most expansive backstory out of everyone.

Loved it, Blue.
It did have a deeper connection to the story than your previous backstory, I'll add.

But of course! That's why I did it. ...Well, that and the Uchiha vibe it had going...
Report Spam   Logged

Jawooooooooooo
« Reply #13 on: 04 August, 2008, 07:12:52 am »

I just hope that you remember my suggestion for my character so you don't have to dull out any combat I might get into in your next story.
Report Spam   Logged
BlueAnnihilator
The one and only
Flame Spirit

Kouryuu...Metsugasou!!

« Reply #14 on: 04 August, 2008, 08:47:36 am »

I just hope that you remember my suggestion for my character so you don't have to dull out any combat I might get into in your next story.

Yeah yeah. It's always about you, isn't it?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: