Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 01:43:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

adultswim is pretty much the last good block of television on anymore.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: adultswim is pretty much the last good block of television on anymore.  (Read 814 times)
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

Don't follow me...

« Reply #30 on: 09 August, 2008, 11:43:23 pm »

you ever watch a guy whos trying to fart but make it seem inconspicuous? he sort of tries standing next to the trash can and nods at people to try and look all relaxed. then he's about to go when somebody walks by and he tenses up because he just started and has to stop. and this goes on for at least 10 minutes until the poor guy is at the bursting point. and then, after waiting and waiting, when everyone is far enough away not to smell him, he lets loose the loudest, most disgusting fart you have ever heard in your entire life! and he looks around trying to play it off like someone else did it. you know, >_> <_<. and then a little girl turns to her mom and quietly yell, mom, did that man just fart? and then the mom has to explain, yes, and its disgusting and that the girl should never do it in public. and all this time the guy is just standing there trying to avoid everyone's gaze. and you're just watching on the verge of laughing your head off.

i can honestly say, then, that i could laugh at a fart. god, is that a bad sign, or what?
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Legendary Member

Username: Doc
Mood: Tired

Still Technically here

« Reply #31 on: 09 August, 2008, 11:45:00 pm »

you ever watch a guy whos trying to fart but make it seem inconspicuous? he sort of tries standing next to the trash can and nods at people to try and look all relaxed. then he's about to go when somebody walks by and he tenses up because he just started and has to stop. and this goes on for at least 10 minutes until the poor guy is at the bursting point. and then, after waiting and waiting, when everyone is far enough away not to smell him, he lets loose the loudest, most disgusting fart you have ever heard in your entire life! and he looks around trying to play it off like someone else did it. you know, >_> <_<. and then a little girl turns to her mom and quietly yell, mom, did that man just fart? and then the mom has to explain, yes, and its disgusting and that the girl should never do it in public. and all this time the guy is just standing there trying to avoid everyone's gaze. and you're just watching on the verge of laughing your head off.

i can honestly say, then, that i could laugh at a fart. god, is that a bad sign, or what?

Doc: >_> not necessarily, is the guy obese?
Report Spam   Logged

Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #32 on: 09 August, 2008, 11:46:15 pm »

i think he was like 190-200 pounds. mostly body fat. you see all kinds of stuff at the airport... >_>
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #33 on: 09 August, 2008, 11:47:14 pm »

Did you actually see that?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Legendary Member

Username: Doc
Mood: Tired

Still Technically here

« Reply #34 on: 09 August, 2008, 11:48:16 pm »

i think he was like 190-200 pounds. mostly body fat. you see all kinds of stuff at the airport... >_>
Doc: i'd laugh at it...
Report Spam   Logged

Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #35 on: 09 August, 2008, 11:48:56 pm »

Did you actually see that?

yes, unfortunately. i also saw about 20 men and women continuously forget their gender, walk into the wrong bathroom, and then less than half walk on to find another bathroom.... >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #36 on: 09 August, 2008, 11:53:20 pm »

Ok, in real life, I would probably find that humorous.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Don't follow me...

« Reply #37 on: 09 August, 2008, 11:55:12 pm »

wait, what am i saying 20? i was there for 3 hours. make that a couple thousand. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #38 on: 10 August, 2008, 12:07:55 am »

Well, it depends.

In real life, yes, that's funny.

But on TV or in a movie, no, it isn't funny. You know why? Because it wasn't real.

When something like what Choro described happens in real life, it's real, it's spontaneous...it's one of those things about life that makes it funny. It's not like it was planned...it just happened.

But when it happens on TV, it's because the writer for that show planned it. It's just a cheap imitation of something that is funny in real life, and it feels forced. It's like...you hear a joke once, and it's funny....and then you hear another person tell the joke in a desperate attempt to be funny, and it suddenly loses all its humor.
Report Spam   Logged
LuigiKong
The Master of the Kongs/LuigiKong
Legendary Member

Mood: Busy

"That's Mama LKong to you!"

« Reply #39 on: 10 August, 2008, 07:58:27 am »

Some of Adult Swim is funny, but a decent percentage isn't.
Report Spam   Logged

Judgemasta
Judgemasta
Internet Addict

No really though...

« Reply #40 on: 10 August, 2008, 02:14:27 pm »

I use to hate having to wake up to voltron, and gigantor when getting ready for school >_>
Report Spam   Logged

-Current Project-
Characters:[5%]
Story:[0%]
System:[0%]
Scripts:[85%]
Demo:[0%]
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #41 on: 10 August, 2008, 02:16:34 pm »

I use to hate having to wake up to voltron, and gigantor when getting ready for school >_>
I ****ing loved waking up to Transformers Armada and Teen Titans for when getting ready for school. <<
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #42 on: 10 August, 2008, 02:20:40 pm »

^^^^^^^^
THATTTTTTTTTTTTT

Transformers Armada was the ****.

Gigantor was the ugliest show to hit my eyeballs. I hated it.
GIGANTOR....GIGANTOR....GIGANNNNNAAAANNNNNTORRRRRRRR
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #43 on: 10 August, 2008, 02:35:08 pm »

Pfft... kids.

I was content with waking up for no cable when getting ready for school. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...