Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 07:07:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Official BP Character Battle: Day 37 - Gordon Freeman vs. Lucas

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official BP Character Battle: Day 37 - Gordon Freeman vs. Lucas  (Read 797 times)
Ahriman
« Reply #60 on: 25 August, 2008, 11:48:32 pm »

I just google the image and pick one regardless of size. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #61 on: 25 August, 2008, 11:49:20 pm »

Gordon Freeman doesn't even talk.

Ridley doesn't talk. He's my favorite video game character of all time.

Which just goes to show how shallow you are.

You guys sure are pissy about your video game characters.
Lucas is losing. Stop *****ing and get over it.

I just said I haven't played the game. I could really care less about who wins.

I'm mostly talking about your idiotic views on character worth.

Why is it idiotic?

Because you're calling my views shallow just because my favorite character doesn't talk. That's idiotic.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #62 on: 25 August, 2008, 11:53:56 pm »

Gordon Freeman doesn't even talk.

Ridley doesn't talk. He's my favorite video game character of all time.

Which just goes to show how shallow you are.

You guys sure are pissy about your video game characters.
Lucas is losing. Stop *****ing and get over it.

I just said I haven't played the game. I could really care less about who wins.

I'm mostly talking about your idiotic views on character worth.

Why is it idiotic?

Because you're calling my views shallow just because my favorite character doesn't talk. That's idiotic.

Alright, but until you can give me a reason why Ridley is an interesting character otherwise, I'm not changing my mind. And it wasn't about the not talking thing, a character could be perfectly capable of being interesting without the ability to talk, but Ridley's just this giant dragon thing. Which is cool, but doesn't have much in the way of being a developed character regardless. <_<
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake

« Reply #63 on: 26 August, 2008, 12:00:19 am »

What, does it need an anime storyline to be interesting?

Simply put I don't agree with your need for characters to be "developed" to be interesting and good characters. Ridley is an awesome character, and whether or not you agree, you're an idiot if you think he can't be awesome just because he doesn't have a big backstory. I like him based off the games I've played. I don't need him to explain every little thing about him to like him.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #64 on: 26 August, 2008, 12:04:23 am »

Simply put I don't agree with your need for characters to be "developed" to be interesting and good characters.

Blatant contradiction and you haven't given any reasons why I should care about Ridley either. Your argument is boring me, so I'm done.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #65 on: 26 August, 2008, 12:05:24 am »

Alright children, settle down.
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor

« Reply #66 on: 26 August, 2008, 12:07:40 am »

What, does it need an anime storyline to be interesting?

ANIME INVENTED STORIES
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #67 on: 26 August, 2008, 12:11:41 am »

Really? I thought books invented stories?
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #68 on: 26 August, 2008, 12:12:42 am »

Really? I thought books invented stories?

Storytelling invented stories. Pretty sure stories were told through speech alone to start off with.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #69 on: 26 August, 2008, 01:15:54 am »

I like Ridley because he's a dragon, he never dies, and he looks badass. Especially Omega Ridley. I don't care if you think those are shallow reasons. I still stand by them. >_>

Most of my other favorite characters are because of their personalities though. Namely Genesis Knuckles, Solid Snake, Wolf O'Donnell, Luigi, Otacon, etc.

Ridley does have a personality, but it is generic (and it's also only shown the manga). Still, he's just awesome. I mean, come on. The guy explodes into a million pieces like a million times, yet he still comes back to life. And he's a dragon in space. And he's had some of the best boss battles in the Metroid games tbqh.

Samus will never truly defeat Ridley. Ridley will keep coming back to torment Samus. One day, Samus will be go so crazy because she can't kill Ridley, and then she'll just blast her head off. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #70 on: 26 August, 2008, 01:22:28 am »

I like Ridley because he's a dragon, he never dies, and he looks badass. Especially Omega Ridley. I don't care if you think those are shallow reasons. I still stand by them. >_>

Most of my other favorite characters are because of their personalities though. Namely Genesis Knuckles, Solid Snake, Wolf O'Donnell, Luigi, Otacon, etc.

Ridley does have a personality, but it is generic (and it's also only shown the manga). Still, he's just awesome. I mean, come on. The guy explodes into a million pieces like a million times, yet he still comes back to life. And he's a dragon in space. And he's had some of the best boss battles in the Metroid games tbqh.

Samus will never truly defeat Ridley. Ridley will keep coming back to torment Samus. One day, Samus will be go so crazy because she can't kill Ridley, and then she'll just blast her head off. >_>

I thought Ridley officially died off in Metroid Fusion when the X virus ate his frozen body or whatever. <_< And I did say Ridley was awesome, he just doesn't have a personality. (or as far as I knew he didn't, I didn't even know there was a manga)
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #71 on: 26 August, 2008, 01:28:26 am »

I thought Ridley officially died off in Metroid Fusion when the X virus ate his frozen body or whatever. <_< And I did say Ridley was awesome, he just doesn't have a personality. (or as far as I knew he didn't, I didn't even know there was a manga)
I thought Ridley died in Super Metroid when he exploded in a million pieces. Or when he fell off a cliff and then exploded in MP. Or when he exploded in Metroid 1. Or when he fell down a rather large shaft, only to come back and explode in MP3:C.

Yeah...I don't think he'll ever "die." They'll probably take his brain and put it on some dead Ridley-like body. >_>

And the manga is basically about Ridley killing Samus' parents and getting an orgasm because of it. Then Samus becomes a bounty hunter. And that's pretty much it. It's nothing special, really.
« Last Edit: 26 August, 2008, 01:33:29 am by >_> » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: